Bank of America

Bank of America Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative2,295 reviews

Found 2,295 reviews matching the searchSee all 31,300 reviews

Great Company to work with

I have worked with Bank of America for fifteen years. Great place to work for working mothers. Growing with the company is encouraged and with the right support they will help you get there.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

salary

Small Town Feel

I enjoyed working there and was presented with upward mobility after six months. However, due to budget cuts I was let go. Management was not as knowledgeable as they should be. It's a small town feel which can make for a stagnant work environment.

Pros

Benefits, job, opportunity for upward mobility and pay.

Cons

Job security in this economy.

Amazing work

I felt purpose when i worked with them like I was doing something bigger than myself and I enjoyed the management team they are easy to work with and really don’t look at you as a number

Pros

Great management

Cons

Mad customers

Never again.

My mental health plummeted with this job. I became an attendance issue, which was NOT me. I'm much happier and more valued at my new job. This job almost killed me. I'm worth more than constant micromanagement.

Better than average pay for a contact center with decent managers.

The job is only made a bit difficult by the demand of perfection and regular changes. You have to basically sell people on digital options, service the call and hang up within a few minutes. The call volume is always high

Benefits

Cons

Short breaks, High call volume, Lots or changes

Closed group of management and friends.

Felt good at beginning, met some great work colleagues who I still call friends but overall management was a joke and rarely supported or promoted anyone outside their circle of friends. When u exceed sales for 9 months in a row winning 9 monthly awards as top seller and 2 colleagues you coached for sales and taking manager calls get promoted ahead of you it's time to move on which I did. When I said I was leaving I was immediately offered promotion??? Too late...

Friendly work atmosphere

It was a friendly,fun place to work. Everyone got along great. The pay and benefits were good. And the perks for selling products were awesome. I loved the points earned that we used to be able to buy products from the BOA catalog.

Pros

Compensation for work (bonuses)

Cons

Can't think of any

Helpful most of the time

Good FMLA and take care of you well if you if you are seriously ill and need long term disability. Willing to hold your job till u can come back after injury or illness or direct you in the right direction if you can’t.

Easy work but only care about surveys

You can do everything right but it’s all about the customer surveys. They don’t care about you being on time or being where you’re supposed to be during your shift as long as you get good surveys.

Numbers it’s all about numbers

Really good pay however very cut throat it’s either you or them mentality call center is very busy can be stressful because it’s back to back which means jobs security job is not for the week surveys are everything be ready to fake a smile until your face hurts

will replace you with someone else to pay less money

greedy corporation does not care about you. Everyone is just a number. You could be a top performer for years, never making any mistakes, and still lose your job for the one time you do make a mistake. Plus it's so hard to get promoted. My job kept adding on more jobs to it, and my workload increased significantly without a pay raise to compensate it. Rules always changed and it was nearly impossible to meet metrics

Pros

Pto

Cons

high turnover rate

Not good

Client Representative was very toxic and unhealthy competition. Management is not the best but the benefits are very good. Other departments may be great.

High call volume and goals you need to hit monthly

Bank of America itself is great, great benefits, great pay, it’s amazing. Management could definitely use some work, and you only have 10 sick days a YEAR and if you use up all your time you’re still required to come in or you get written up.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Great starting point for anyone who wants to get a professional sounding job.

The culture is a hit or miss, depending on what center you are assigned to. Benefits are a plus, and the pay isn't bad. It does take a lot of customer service skills and patience. Depending if it is season or not, will determine how busy/stressful the work may become. Due to Covid, a lot of personal was lost and not replaced, being short staffed is a normal thing.

Call Center Antics

Very numbers driven. Honestly I feel like your only as good as your last call. One of the hardest parts is getting a survey and it had nothing to with you and it still impacts your overall score, which can be detrimental to your overall performance. Along with your average handle time now is the heaviest part of your score, so hurry up and take that next call or else!

Pros

Pay, management is very supportive

Cons

The fact that you have to meet according to the known best performer in your group.

Fun place for young folks

This was a great place to work while attending college full time. They were flexible with your work schedule and always had employee appreciation events, lunches, bbqs etc. customers can be challenging at times.

Too many moving parts

I worked for BOFA for several years. It was nice at my little branch when the know nothing market leaders left us alone. I mean the man never worked in a branch and had no clue. During the start of Covid I was moved to the phones. The training started off fine but everything went down hill quickly. Adjustments would be made as errors to the working model would be found, but the communication on new internal rules and policies was almost non existent. I would get in trouble for things I didn’t even know had changed or were wrong. I had 3 mangers in less than a year. It caused issues with promises of raises that never came even though I was taking on more responsibilities. I felt lost in a big machine and no one really cared. The benefits are good if you can get them. The child care reimbursement is great, if they approve you for it. Sometimes they will approve it and sometimes for reasons that don’t make sense they will not. One hand doesn’t know what the other is doing.

Benefits

Cons

Mangers, inadequate training, raises

Productive workplace

Overall good company with lots of room for advancement and career options. Great work culture and colleagues. Can be stressful at time but the work is very manageable. End of year bonuses

Pros

Free lunch Advancement opportunities Decent management

Cons

Pay not great

Great pay and schedule.

Call center environment with various metrics that need to be met for their customer service associates. Call handle times were a bit unrealistic at times for various issues that would need to be resolved for clients.

Great but with a price

Love my team and I’m grateful for the experience and knowledge learned because of this job. Great benefits and you definitely feel a sense of purpose helping people improve their financial lives and looks good on a resume. But it comes with a couple of cons. First being the emphasis on sales and meeting goals. Next are the clients who will berate you for if their transaction cannot be completed, long lines, and branch closures. Next would be the virtual audits where corporate in the name of “risk and loss prevention” will watch cameras to make sure you’re in compliance in protecting assets and data and causing you to be on edge all the time in an already stressful financial center environment. Lastly, for the amount of compliance, sales, accuracy expected from you, and fraud to be on the lookout for, the pay could be improved. While better than most and promising minimum wage of $25 by 2025, after record breaking quarter revenues and in the midst of inflation, it would be wise if they did so sooner. I am grateful to be part of this company and looking forward to see where I go with company, but it takes a lot of commitment and definitely not for those who just want to get by.

Pros

Better than average pay, Sense of purpose, advancement opportunities, great knowledge & experience

Cons

Sales pressure, stressful branch environments, virtual audits, pay for what’s expected from you

Management is always caring and encouraging

I would have to say out of every job I’ve ever had, BOA has definitely been the most respectful of my work, time and individualism. The benefits are great, in comparison to most jobs, that pay is more than most places. I can say I do feel I wish pay was a little higher as this job is truly mentally taxing with the work load and customer volume. Having a set schedule and schedule bidding every year thus far can provide a little more complacency with the job.

Pros

Benefits, respect, encouragement, job advancement

Cons

Stressful environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of America. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Bank of America