Bank of America

Clear
3.9Salary & Benefits

Found 68 reviews matching the searchSee all 31,258 reviews

Bank of America

Worked with a bunch of great and diverse people. Management was great at providing a pathway in which to achieve your personal goals. Hours were fairly what you would expect. Time off was granted based off of seniority tho. So forget getting Christmas week and spring break off with your kids unless you have been there forever. Overall, I enjoyed my time with the bank.

Pros

Diverse, supportive management

Cons

Time off. Thanksgiving day only. Christmas Day only

No work life balance, too much expected from staff

Long hours expected of you, salaries are not in line with similar companies and roles, very little career progression. No overtime or compensation for additional hours worked. Little to no support from management, hierarchy system is clearly evident throughout the company.

Its an ok place to work. Not bad and not great

Its not a bad place to work. You learn a lot and a lot of opportunities to move to different departments. The schedules are not bad and days are not bad all the time. Overall it could be better but its an ok place to work.

Pros

Benefits, pay, opportunities, schedules

Cons

Management, culture, and lay offs

Many advancement oportunities

Many advancement oportunities, 4 weeks vacation. Great benifits for new parents. Health support. Genrally accommodating and flexible work environments.

Pros

Extra vacation

Cons

Compeitive incentives

Horrible management

Manager who have no clue what they are managing. Favoritism, low pay compared to similar jobs and much smaller banks. VA site is full of slow workers.

The love they have for their employees.

My review was always above and beyond. I got a raise each year and also was asked to assist in other departments. I’ve created procedures and streamlined the protocol for our department.

The benefits are great.

The benefits are great. Production is the main focus and you must be able to produce as fast as possible. Very stressful moments during peak season. Very few team building events.

insurance specialist

my job was to ensure the insurance was ready with the valid clauses to get the file ready for mortgage closing, following up with agents , management was very involved and we held daily meetings.. I had time to spend with my family and the benefits were great .

Excellent benefits

Excellent benefits. Recruiting and Relocation assistance needs to improve. Limited opportunity for advancement due to posting positions and recruiting outside the company at the same time as posting positions within the company.

Not the best company for growth

This company is like most of corporate america. Very hard to move up within the company. The benefits are fine, and it offers tuition reimbursement, and child care reimbursement

benefits

Cons

No Job advancement

Amazing benefits and Work/Life Balance

Overall, I've loved my time with Bank of America. The benefits and hours are great. My only purpose for leaving is to try something different and to make more money. There are plenty of growth opportunities but, eventually, you hit a wall where it is difficult to move up any further within a reasonable timeframe.

Pros

Great Benefits and Hours, Lots of personal development opportunities

Cons

Slow growth opportunity, Corporate Bureaucracy

Great place to work!

I worked in the branch and back office. Both positions had their perks. Branch offered incentives and back office offered a more laid back experience.

Pros

best benefits around, long maternity and paternity leave, work life balance

Cons

take home pay was less than market standard due to better benefits

Good First Job, Not enough training

This is a good entry level job, pay is decent and benefits are nice. On the job training is lacking for certain teams and subjects. Busy environment so not a lot of one on one time.

Benefits

Great benefits with the company. Flexible with work/life balance. Focus is on driving growth through good customer experiences and customer satisfaction.

Comfortable basic work environment

In my departments, it was a promising interview session, and many promises made. As an employee gets into an agreed upon assignment / position, the situation was sometimes very different than promised. Inexperienced Managers and Trainers. Very good Wellness benefits, but career advancement and salary distribution was very selective to a select group.

Pros

Benefits, clean comfortable work areas

Cons

Career advancment, poor ADA training for management.

Great Benefits

Bank of America is a great company if you are into business management. The benefits are amazing. This is the reason I have been there so long. I would recommend The Bank as a good launching pad for people who are just starting out in the working world. If you are business minded and ambitious, you can go far.

Times are Changing

Bank of America used to be a great place to work, but things are changing. The department I am in has a toxic work environment, negatives are always emphasized over the positive, micromanaged to oblivion. Leadership with no leadership training or skills, a skip level manager who says his door is always open but if you ever try to talk to him one on one you are cut off and berated and insulted, I know this from personal experience, and after it happened I confirmed that this wasn't an isolated incident. He is an angry, humorless man who constantly worries that the people working under him are getting away with something. I don't know if other departments are any better, but I know the company as a whole is putting technology above human interaction. It's sad because it used to be a great place to work. I kept hoping it would get better but it isn't. It's time for me to move on.

Pros

Great Benefits, 4 months paid maternity/paternity leave

Cons

No human interaction, impersonal, toxic, negative office culture

Great Employer

Great place to work. Excellent benefits. The culture is one that promotes growth and diversity, There are a lot of opportunities for growth and career advancement.

Good

It is s great company to work for. Couldn't he happier. Iirc has a lot of benefits for employees who work there. Would highly recommend working for this company.

Benefits

Cons

Na

Productive fun place to work

Productive work environment with the ability to grow. Gym Available for $10.00 a month on premises. Cafeteria available on sight. Parking available 401k available bank matching.

Pros

Best technology avvailable

Cons

limited

Good place to work good human resource team and flexible work environment part of operations team and it had a good leadership salary is good and vacation and other benefits