Bank of America

Bank of America Employee Reviews for Personal Banker

Personal Banker722 reviews

Found 722 reviews matching the searchSee all 31,300 reviews

Retail job competitive to pramote consumer products sale.

Great training, and excellent benefit but not fair bonuses. Productive and busy work place with press to make sale to bank customers on daily base. Cash responsibilities are too high, with sales goal to meet very hard not a realistic goals to achieve.

Pros

Meet new people and help them with financial need.

Cons

less time off, bonuses not fair.

Game time

We place real money bets from NBA basketball teams I usually choose the clippers because they're my favorite team of all time ever since I was a small child.

Good Company to Work For

Good company to work for with great benefits. The training process that they have is very thorough so by the time it’s time for you to work, you will be comfortable. Decent pay as well.

Do not recommend to work here unless you are fresh out of school. Great co workers and training.

Do not recommend to work here unless you are fresh out if school. Upper Management needs work and they pressure you to sell products not needed to the customers.

Pros

PtO. Holidays off, nice staff.

Cons

No breaks, work Saturday is mandatory. Short lunch breaks. Sales pressure.

Fun...good co workers

Ok job...hard to advance.....was in a busy neighborhood...hard to park close to....hard to schedule vacation time due to so many employees... overall was ok

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Hard to get promoted

Stable hours

Management was always changing and policies and procedures were inconsistent. Dealing with customers can be a challenge. Environment could be stressful.

Popularity Contest

If you suck up to management to may be able to succeed in this company. Market manager was not a pleasant person and all they care about are the numbers.

The way you are treated is sell or be replaced. Rude and racist management. Terrible place to work.

Sell or be fired.You are a number and that's all that matters. Don't expect to. be treated like a human being. This company is the worst place I have ever worked at. They don't pay you enough and never support you as an employee. The customer is always right regardless of anything.

Cons

Work through lunches. not enough pay

Personal Banker

Overall average company to work for they do give you the tools to succeed. Every Branch and Branch Manager is different. Internal culture is great. I would add you do have sales goals to meet offering credit cards. Mortgage and Financial services are required.

Pros

They offer you training and tools to succeed

Cons

Advancement opportunity is not properly evaluated

When it was mbna it was a family atmosphere.

Bank of America treats you just like every corporate company. Just like a number. The took away basic services that you had earned. Nope, that was canceled. Took away two weeks of vacation just to say , well we gave you pto. Then if you use more three days you have to have a doctor note. I am not hostile. There are many things that MBNA did well. BofA has not changed its corporate policies

I enjoyed working.

Working there was an awesome experience, as an immigrated person, Bank of America offered me the opportunity of success and also have a good job with benefits.

Pros

I loved the Trainings. and the contact with the people.

Cons

sometimes in my case the hours

Great management and wonderful benefits.

Bank of America is a wonderful company to work for. The management truly cares about work/ life balance. They always seem to "make things work" in the best interest for you.

Pros

Benefits, salary

Cons

short breaks, customers

Able to follow the chain of command when something is unfairly done.

When had a discrepancy with the review with current supervisor/manager was able to follow the chain of command and the correction was made. Unfortunately there are not enough minorities in high places or positions at Bank of America. Most black and brown associates or place in low level positions like customer service, the mail room, proof etc.

Terrible Employer!!

This was the WORST employment experience of my life. If you do not meet the sales goals you will be terminated. You are treated as just another number and they really don't care about employee well-being, it's all about forcing sales on the customer. It doesn't matter what you do to get the sale...you just have to get it. They also give a generous vacation balance each year but when you try to schedule a vacation your job is threatened. They tell you "go ahead and schedule that time off but, just remember.... you are going to be missing your sales!" Horrible place to work! I left in tears nearly everyday.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list. Mainly the treatment of their employees.

Wire Transfer Operator

I loved it I wish I would of stayed. I really enjoyed working here I made a lot of lifetime friends. There is a lot of employee recognition, the insurance is amazing, and there is a lot of room for advancement. You get out what you put in, just do your job, make sure you know the managers expectations and make money.

Pros

Advancement, Insurance, Education

Cons

Pay

Great benefits

The benifits were good but I felt that I was constantly at work. I worked 6 days a weeks and usually had some overtime. I liked my job but it was very stressful because my sales goals were so high. Bank of America is more interested in sales than helping the customer.

Could be a great job but management makes all the difference in the world

Unfortunately I did not stay long with this company. It's a good bank to learn the ins and outs of banking.... But the management they hire is not interested in helping their employees grow. More interested in making themselves look good and not interested in developing the talent around them

Pros

Pay, Benefits cheaper than other banks

Great teamwork

Boa was a good place to work. Overall the team environment was great and so were the benefits. The management helps you with training and advancement opportunities.

Management Dependant

When I worked for BOA, for more than a decade I was a top salesperson in my region. After the economy crashed in 2009, I was still a top performer consistantly every quarter. In the near subsequent years a new regional manager was hired to replace one that knew and appreciated my value. This person, in bank terms he was a consumer market manager or CMM, seemed to not like the way I did my job from day one. Nothing had changed, I still far exceeded my goals consistantly. However, it started out that he reprimanded me for not "Selling the Bank of America Way" then reprimanded multiple times for not "using my script." After these occurrences this same manager called in corporate security to investigate me for crediting a customer's account for, no exaggeration, $1. After I explained that it was because a customer's ATM deposit of $1 was not credited because of an identified system error in which the customer produced his receipt as evidence. Now although this was within my authority and completely an acceptable and proper, corporate security investigated per his request and of course found no ethical violation and in their findings expressed praise that I took the time to take care of a customer even though the dollar amount was so low. More reprimands followed for not going by our script in customer interactions. Even though each time I was reprimanded for such actions I was working with clients I had known for years. This leads to the last case which ultimately ended in my being fired after 12 years of exemplary service. I don't like to look at it like this but to me the evidence -

Pros

Under good management you can go far and be rewarded properly for good performance.

Cons

Under poor management, even if exceeding your goals your job could be in jeopardy at any time.

Competitive Work environment

Bank of America was a competitive work environment. I came from a background in sports so I took to the atmosphere at Bank of America. If you are a goal-driven individual this is a great job.

Pay & schedule

At Bank of America everybody is family. Nice work environment. Make sure you have breakfast on busy days because you may not be able to take a lunch break.

Pros

Pay, hours, easy computer system

Cons

Sometimes no breaks at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of America. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Bank of America