Bank of America

Bank of America Employee Reviews for Personal Banker

Great training, and excellent benefit but not fair bonuses. Productive and busy work place with press to make sale to bank customers on daily base. Cash responsibilities are too high, with sales goal to meet very hard not a realistic goals to achieve.
Pros
Meet new people and help them with financial need.
Cons
less time off, bonuses not fair.
Overall average company to work for they do give you the tools to succeed. Every Branch and Branch Manager is different. Internal culture is great. I would add you do have sales goals to meet offering credit cards. Mortgage and Financial services are required.
Pros
They offer you training and tools to succeed
Cons
Advancement opportunity is not properly evaluated
Bank of America treats you just like every corporate company. Just like a number. The took away basic services that you had earned. Nope, that was canceled. Took away two weeks of vacation just to say , well we gave you pto. Then if you use more three days you have to have a doctor note. I am not hostile. There are many things that MBNA did well. BofA has not changed its corporate policies
Working there was an awesome experience, as an immigrated person, Bank of America offered me the opportunity of success and also have a good job with benefits.
Pros
I loved the Trainings. and the contact with the people.
Cons
sometimes in my case the hours
Bank of America is a wonderful company to work for. The management truly cares about work/ life balance. They always seem to "make things work" in the best interest for you.
Pros
Benefits, salary
Cons
short breaks, customers
When had a discrepancy with the review with current supervisor/manager was able to follow the chain of command and the correction was made. Unfortunately there are not enough minorities in high places or positions at Bank of America. Most black and brown associates or place in low level positions like customer service, the mail room, proof etc.
This was the WORST employment experience of my life. If you do not meet the sales goals you will be terminated. You are treated as just another number and they really don't care about employee well-being, it's all about forcing sales on the customer. It doesn't matter what you do to get the sale...you just have to get it. They also give a generous vacation balance each year but when you try to schedule a vacation your job is threatened. They tell you "go ahead and schedule that time off but, just remember.... you are going to be missing your sales!" Horrible place to work! I left in tears nearly everyday.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list. Mainly the treatment of their employees.
Not a great company to work for. The top management are thoughtless and underhanded. There is very little training when advamcong and no room for mistakes
Pros
Met a lot of great people
Cons
Met a lot pf manipulative underhanded, only put for themselves first type of people
I loved it I wish I would of stayed. I really enjoyed working here I made a lot of lifetime friends. There is a lot of employee recognition, the insurance is amazing, and there is a lot of room for advancement. You get out what you put in, just do your job, make sure you know the managers expectations and make money.
Pros
Advancement, Insurance, Education
Cons
Pay
The benifits were good but I felt that I was constantly at work. I worked 6 days a weeks and usually had some overtime. I liked my job but it was very stressful because my sales goals were so high. Bank of America is more interested in sales than helping the customer.
Unfortunately I did not stay long with this company. It's a good bank to learn the ins and outs of banking.... But the management they hire is not interested in helping their employees grow. More interested in making themselves look good and not interested in developing the talent around them
Pros
Pay, Benefits cheaper than other banks
Cons
Boa was a good place to work. Overall the team environment was great and so were the benefits. The management helps you with training and advancement opportunities.
When I worked for BOA, for more than a decade I was a top salesperson in my region. After the economy crashed in 2009, I was still a top performer consistantly every quarter. In the near subsequent years a new regional manager was hired to replace one that knew and appreciated my value. This person, in bank terms he was a consumer market manager or CMM, seemed to not like the way I did my job from day one. Nothing had changed, I still far exceeded my goals consistantly. However, it started out that he reprimanded me for not "Selling the Bank of America Way" then reprimanded multiple times for not "using my script." After these occurrences this same manager called in corporate security to investigate me for crediting a customer's account for, no exaggeration, $1. After I explained that it was because a customer's ATM deposit of $1 was not credited because of an identified system error in which the customer produced his receipt as evidence. Now although this was within my authority and completely an acceptable and proper, corporate security investigated per his request and of course found no ethical violation and in their findings expressed praise that I took the time to take care of a customer even though the dollar amount was so low. More reprimands followed for not going by our script in customer interactions. Even though each time I was reprimanded for such actions I was working with clients I had known for years. This leads to the last case which ultimately ended in my being fired after 12 years of exemplary service. I don't like to look at it like this but to me the evidence - more...
Pros
Under good management you can go far and be rewarded properly for good performance.
Cons
Under poor management, even if exceeding your goals your job could be in jeopardy at any time.
Bank of America was a competitive work environment. I came from a background in sports so I took to the atmosphere at Bank of America. If you are a goal-driven individual this is a great job.
At Bank of America everybody is family. Nice work environment. Make sure you have breakfast on busy days because you may not be able to take a lunch break.
Pros
Pay, hours, easy computer system
Cons
Sometimes no breaks at all.
Each individual Branch works together as a TEAM to accomplish goals and assist clients the best way possible with all their financial needs and goals.
You have to he a people person to work in the branches. Excellent customer service is a plus in this business. Always greet your customers with a smile and always be willing to go the extra miles for that customer. Always be kind and show that you care about their needs. Always be willing to learn different tasks to continue to grow within the company.. Let your light shine.
It's one of the greatest companies to work for in the US. The company itself it's great, benefits are the greatest. Once again the local management could damage all that, if you have poor local management.
Very high turnover rate amongst staff,management, and even market leaders. Overall training ineffective especially when we are responsible for handling trust, business accounts etc. Sales goals could have been set more reasonable, especially for centers staffed with several sales employees. Also there was a focus on so called behaviors which was often used as a threat to lose your job if you didn't maintain (even if you were meeting or exceeding your sales target goal). Highs are pay and plenty of vacation time off and reasonable paternity leave time off as well.
Don't about employee or customer only the bottom line. they need to be more customer base and care about employee relations. No happy employee no happy customer
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management
While working and achieving goals, the Co. gives incentives. If struggling, upper management makes sure you act unethical by telling you to call your friends and family to come over and open accounts to make sure you're in green, you make your quarterly goals. Another aspect is that the goal is to have all platform personnel looking good. Skinny is key, no matter if health problems don't let you loos weight, you get in trouble if you don't. Once you make ONE error, you're fired. No coaching, no feedback.