Bank of America

Bank of America Employee Reviews for Relationship Banker

Good benefits but management is not good. Company direction was not what I was expecting moving toward technology and less stuff regardless of traffic
honestly the pay is terrible for bankers and they get paid the same as the tellers which makes non sense at all. i would try smaller banks if I were you
Pros
lots of pto
Cons
bad pay
The company only cares about sales, they want only one teller and everyone to be bankers and on the floor. The line could be out the door and they will let the 1-2 tellers struggle because they want the bankers to pull people out the line to “build a relationship” (sale loans, credit cards, etc.) to the clients. Most people come in just to go to the tellers not to get sold something.
Pros
Nice pay, benefits
Cons
Don’t care about tellers, only sales
Very stressful. Promising with bonuses but you’ll never actually see what you worked for. Management is either great or horrible. No I’m between.
Learned a lot about finance and programs offered through Bank of America. The people were overall friendly but the stress of the job seems to take its toll.
A company that took care of me during my time there and has excellent benefits. I learned there and generally was a positive work experience. I enjoyed working with my team!
Great career advancement opportunity only if you're willing to stress and set aside your work life balance for a really long time. This is retail, management shuffles you around many locations and positions which is not the best.
Benefits
Cons
Stress
Not the place i’d recommend as it could take a toll on people mentally if you’re not equipped to handle the workload and the people. Lots of insane expectations with little assistance from upper management. The benefits are the only true plus working here.
Benefits
Cons
Pretty much everything else
Great company to work for if you are productive and driven. They prefer to promote/hire from within, so there is potential for upward or even horizontal movement. If an RB/RM/or even CSR you will have goals you need to meet (outbound calls/certain banking products sales/etc). Training leaves a bit to be desired but prepares you enough to understand what you're dealing with, and mgmt/co-workers really help with the rest.
Pros
Generous PTO/benefits
Cons
Short breaks, face of the company positions means you'll regularly deal with upset clients, don't take it personally
Im sure other areas of the bank if good but working in a financial center can be rough, always short staff, decent turnover rates. Good benefits. Company starts at $20.00, most tenured people before didn't make that much. now tenured people only make a few cents more than new unexperienced people.
I enjoyed the job as a relationship banker. I learned a lot about the position. I feel it is a good role for anyone that wants to become a branch manager because you learn about the day to day operations of the facility.
Pros
bonuses, pay, promotions, management
Cons
sometimes you can feel under-appreciated depends on you manager but that's any company
company has not sense of “family” feel to it. great pay awesome benefits and great training but working with some older employees of the company really makes you want to quit as they are snotty and rude to new hires.
Do not let the fancy name fool you. A relationship banker. Is a teller who can “theoretically” open up accounts as well, but the latter primarily goes to relationship managers. There’s a biigggggg difference between relationship manager and bankers. A relationship manager is a somewhat decent job from what I saw. You primarily open accounts, such as credit cards, checking etc. A relationship banker, is basically just a teller that can do everything. But tends to just do the tedious aspects of each role. I was lucky and my team was great. But the job was misleading.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Misleading job description
I've been here going on 6 months, been working from home doing learning and such. Haven't had the opportunity to deal with customers yet or open accts but the atmosphere is good. Managers seem to be a pain sometimes. But overall it's good. Only thing is they're way behind in the back for employees. With the app and banking experience it's really good but with employee work it's horrible. Waste too much paper at the line, paper, paper, paper. It's like they don't care to upgrade the systems.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
System is way too antique, also need to figure out how to waste less paper.
All the propose is sale. Not focus on services. Lot of people were took the sales clients only, which makes a lot of services clients waiting at the lobby.
It depends on the manager and upper management really, if you're working in the branch. My manager is totally un-relatable to her employees, and adds on extra unnecessary tasks. Nearly every employee at the branch dislikes her, when she makes mistakes she is not punished, yet the RBs are. There is always something to do, and absolutely no down time. Making 25+ calls a day, taking walkins/scheduled appointments, or some other BS that our manager tacks on.For the amount of stress and sales pressure we are given, we are underpaid. Compared to everybody at the back office who makes more than what we do, we deal with a lot more, and put in a lot more work.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
management
Its alright, poor operating systems great benefits. Good people and good culture. Alot of limited things you can do. Alot of micromanagement and obsrrvance from compliance back offices. But overall good people to work with
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, operating systems are poor
BOA does not provide employees much opportunity to move up within the company, regardless of your qualifications or commitment with the company. "Promote from within" is non-existent in my experience. Despite having a master's degree and being a prior-licensed financial advisor, I was passed over multiple times for higher paying positions that where often given to people with no college education or professional experience; and yes, BOA knew I was interested in those opportunities, but didn't want to fill the low-life teller position I would vacate. Apply for upper positions if you want a real career, because you're not going anywhere from there.
Pros
Competitive pay, good benefits, work-life balance
Cons
No career development, sub-par training, outdated technology
Unfortunately our Market Leader was “retired” since then a lot of changes with the new Market Leader he had no empathy and believed everyone is a robot like him. Great benefits but not well balanced at work. Only 30 minutes lunch if you are lucky to have a lunch. Extremely busy with no help.
Benefits
Cons
Well balanced life
This company is great to work with. Only hiccup is upward movement isn’t only based on production but who you know. Other than that, cold calling sucks.
I am very satisfied with the company and the team culture and think this is a great place to work. You have plenty of room to grow and you have great benefits from the company.