Bank of America

Bank of America Employee Reviews for Relationship Manager

bank branch position with focus on sales and customer service. assist customers with new and existing bank account. to help them with their banking needs by finding a banking product to meet their needs.
It is much easier to buy off the woke culture by sending its executive board to “diversity training,” rather than actually answering for the corruption that goes on between the federal reserve, the federal government, and big banks.
Pros
Cons
Evil
Overall is good. The management is changing the structure now, not sure what will be changing. However, due to the changes, a lot of people did not get the position they want.
Pros
pay, benefits, cultures
Cons
less career advancement
Things may look hard from time to time but there are so many people that you can reach out to help you. Loved working for this company as long as you are able to talk to people and be willing to help anyone you will succeed :)
Pros
Benefits vacation time holiday off
Cons
Sometimes Saturday work, rude client
The company offers great benefits, paid time off and sick days. Great support during pandemic, free lunches. Best place to work and you always feel evaluated.
Pros
Free lunch during pandemic
Cons
do not fall for this company. I was very excited to be a part of bofa. Training was great, but management and FCMs are not so great. The top management needs to be smarter on choosing the managers and market leaders. they tend to overwork you. hours are long and they have cut a lot of the benefits since the pandemic started. They are very sales focused and never appreciate the little things. They will move you around based on the company's needs and dont care how far you have to commute. So funny how a teller and a banker get paid at the same hourly rate....
Pros
Cons
poor management, long hours, tough to get promoted (depends on your market leader)
A good place to start out, but after a while it gets repetitive and boring. pay could be a little better for the amount of pressure from upper management. Overall it's a decent place, but don't get too comfortable.
Pros
Good benefits, good people in general
Cons
sales pressure is ridiculous, they keep asking you to call clients and invite them to the financial center.
Initially signed up for the financial advisor development program with Merrill lynch. On day one I found out I'd be working as a relationship manager for "9 months", which turned into a lot longer. Their idea was to gain experience with customers first but in reality they just needed people to fill the positions since most people leave after finding out what the job entails. They sell you that being a relationship manager is about providing financial solutions for clients and show you unrealistic bonus goals for you to make. What they don't tell you is that you're basically customer service and you have to deal with angry clients all day. What ever terrible banking solutions you have heard of you will deal with on a daily bases. On top of that you have no work life balance. You are told to work on Saturdays and have no set schedule. If you are lucky enough to get a day off during the week you will fall short under 40 hours which is that the bank wants. Only way to get your hours in is to work 6 days a week. On top of this you are beyond stressed out with unrealistic goals. You are expected to sell bank products to angry customers all day. When someone comes in who lost their debit card they don't want to talk about getting a new credit card. The biggest part for them is selling credit cards. If you don't reach the goals upper management comes down hard on you every week. Also, company only promotes people from outside of the company. I've seen amazing people work very hard for management positions that were hired by people with no experience. Oh and forget about the 15 minute - more...
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Sales Pressure, stress, work life balance, Pay
It is a great company to work. Pays very well. Work life balance is bad, expect to work 6 days a week with fluctuating schedules and only 40 hours. If yiu have an emergency its very hard to leave without warning that you will be write up.
Pros
great benefits great pay
Cons
stressful, high sales environment
So stressful i had panic attacks. I only met my boss once in a year. I have worked at other banks and their customer service and ability to help the customer far exceeded BOA. Not only was it the worst job Ive ever had i would NEVER bank there
Cons
Compensation doesn't meet the amount of work and responsibilities. Sales pressure makes the work environment stressful and if you are in sales the possibility of growth is minimum to zero.
Leaving this company was the best decision I ever made. There was constant drama with the Manager and Asst Manager in their personal lives and no room to grow anywhere. I was a Relationship Banker and took my job seriously and the relationships that I built over the years I was employed. Unfortunately, Management began treating people like they were just money getting added to their checks by constantly pushing products to people who had terrible credit and needed actual guidance in their finances. If you didn't offer a product to give the Manager/Asst Manager/Tellers "Credit" and then sell it by making the client apply for something no matter their personal financial situation you would get in trouble and then it would get reported to the District Manager and so on. This would result in less than favorable one-on-ones for them to explain how terrible you are doing at your job for not making them money. I was constantly stressed out. When I decided to leave the company the "friendships" I had made with each colleague were non-existent. It was such a toxic environment. I can speak for MULTIPLE branches being this way as I had trained and assisted in short staffing throughout Northern VA branch and they were ALLL the same. Because of the sales culture and poor treatment with minimal pay and benefits I would highly advise you to stay clear from this company.
Pros
Building Relationships with Clients
Cons
Everything else. No work life balance, poor benefits, poor treatment, Sales Culture with unreachable goals
Banking hours and pay are great! There’s not much flexibility in scheduling if that’s something that you’re looking for. Your schedule may say 8:30-4:30 pm but don’t make plans to leave by that time, if you have a client, you’re not leaving until you’re done.It can be stressful!
Bank of America operates as a company that gets it. They understand the world we live in and are very flexible and understanding when it comes to supporting the personal and professional goals of their employees.
Pros
Decent comp, time off, and benefits
Cons
Some financial centers have grossly unrealistic expectations and it creates stress
Good place to work. Friendly people. Inclusive. Pay for what you do is ok. Most banking centers are understaffed. BoA cares little for feedback on old complex convoluted systems with constant crashes that make it harder to do your job.As a retail banker, you have aggressive sales quotas but see most clients when they have a simple banking issue (lost debit card etc) which you no longer can do. Management pressures appointments. Branch management is stretched too thin to be effective.
Pros
Great work life balance. They will give you your space. Benefits are some of the best around
Cons
Sales pressure in branch positions, Unrealistic sales goals, expectations to squeeze every client, Everyone should be sold a credit card or 3
I had a wonderful experience working at BOA and learned so much from my management team. I would absolutely recommend BOA for a job if you are ever interested in banking.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Had to work Saturday’s. But I managed.
Toxic culture, immature management, defines micromanagement, yells at employees, doesn’t care about employees or clients, back stabbing coworkers. Absolutely the worst firm I have ever worked for!!
Pros
None!
Cons
Too many to list
Relationship Managers know how much they (should) make when opening accounts, but you only get that money if you meet several "buckets" or goals, which is difficult, and most people don't make those goals (so don't get the commission they've earned). They overstaffed my location so nobody actually made the commission. You do get your referral (financial or loans) amounts as long as it's a good lead but that's only $20 per. You can make more money in sales elsewhere.
Pros
Free accounts, good schedule (except Saturday mornings)
Cons
Too difficult to make commission.
It’s hard to sell people their own money and management does nothing to make it easier. They love talking down and make you feel inadequate for genuinely keeping customers best interests in mind over selling credit cards to 18 year olds still in high school and the elderly.
Pros
Fair pay, volunteer time, banking hours.
Cons
Short breaks, terrible bonus structure, condescending management, micro managed to the point of needing to check with center manager before closing a sale.
This is a good place to start for young professionals. There are a variety of different jobs and lines of business, you can make moves laterally and upwards based on skill, manager reviews and perfomance. The most important part is how they have treated us during covid-19. Cut hours but not pay, given us bonuses even durning covid even if you didn't hit your goals and no lay offs.
Benefits
Cons
Pay in certain regions
Just start working last year, everybody is nice but they have their own thinking . You don’t get trained properly, and you don’t have time to spend with customer and your cowork does not want to teach you anything
Pros
Free lunch but always order the same
Cons
Short breaks