Bank of America

Bank of America Employee Reviews for Relationship Manager

Relationship Manager685 reviews

Found 685 reviews matching the searchSee all 31,300 reviews

sales focus

bank branch position with focus on sales and customer service. assist customers with new and existing bank account. to help them with their banking needs by finding a banking product to meet their needs.

They Treat Employees Great

Paid me all throughout Covid even for no work at all first eight months. I even got a promotion during that time. I also got bonuses even though I couldn’t work to earn them. Then they trained me to work at home doing collections. I didn’t love that but it was much better than losing my job altogether.

You'll shoot your eye out, kid.

I don't recommend working in the financial center. It used to be fun. Over the years there was an evolution of unrealistic sales goals and pressure, micromanagement, a plethora of other tasks and checklists to complete in between back-to-back client appointments. Work-life balance is lacking when there is not enough staff to support time off request approvals. If you're at a Saturday center, be prepared to work 6 days a week. When you wear ten different hats to pull together as a team and market leadership can only identify areas needing improvement, it's defeating.

Pros

Benefits, 401k match, paid maternity

Don't follow what they preach

I do like my job but I have had over 12 managers in my 6 years. Turnover is ridiculous. You can easily get lost in the shuffle and have to start a new relationship with a new manager every 6 months or less.

You can grow with the right connections

Your quality of work is only recognized when you are in upper managements favor. It can be very rewarding in how your able to help clients but very discouraging having to deal with the coaching from upper management.

Eh

Company as a whole is amazing. Benefits are hard to top anywhere else. Individual managers will make you feel like you’re worthless. The message coming from the top gets diluted by the time it gets to grunts.

Alright place to work, very sales driven

I had an ok time while at BofA. It definitely depends on what financial center you are at as all managers are not created equal. I felt the pay and scheduling was fair for the most part, but the job is very high-pressure sales-ey. I felt like the company didn't really want to help people but just cared about the numbers at the end of the day. You also get a decent amount of PTO, but the way that you choose your PTO time is ridiculous. You have to plan it one year in advance, and it goes by seniority. If you have kids and want time off during the holidays and haven't been there 20+ years, good luck!

Pros

some management is great/family like, day-to-day scheduling, pay

Cons

sales-driven, scheduling PTO

Toxic culture

Schedule was terrible. Worked split shifts and could never get vacation approved. I was often asked to work through lunches or was refused breaks. Management would tell me to refuse service to people who looked as if they did not have the ability to paid for financial services and refer them to the atm. We were constantly upselling customers.

Pros

Training was good. I learned a lot

Cons

Terrible management

Stay away

This is a sinking ship in WNY. Employees are unhappy, management does not listen or is not qualified. All they care about are sales numbers and not about the client or employees.

Pros

Bank hours, work doesn’t come home with you.

Cons

Management, products

Stay away

You will be constantly harassed on selling products to clients. Upper management do not understand the consequences of these to clients. Gradually turning into wells

They force you to product push

Meeting sales numbers was literally all that mattered in my experience with Bank of America.You will be forced to product push through deceitful methods.

Sweat shop

If you love politics and unrealistic sales goals and forcing products down customers throats this is the job for you. You’ve got some managers who are very cocky and think they know it all, and the work environment is toxic as can be. Hey, it’s Bank of America after all. If you’re an RM forget your work life balance.

Pros

Great place to pay your bills

Cons

the whole job

The starting pay is good especially if you don’t have a degree

Calls Calls Calls! Minimum 25 calls a day and your manager listen to your call and will share a bad call in meeting so everyone knows how bad you are. Management is not helpful nor supportive

Pros

Pay

Cons

3 weeks vacation and you have option to buy one week however they make it impossible to buy

The Pay was pretty good, but shady practices to get it

Working at BofA was always stressful trying to meet there goals of credit cards and accounts per day. Almost forcing people into applying for cards and other products that they really don't need.

Goals are high, but it can be worth it

Goals are high, but incentive and benefits help. 4 months off for paid maternity leave. Training is different once your in the branch. Managers don’t know much. Have to learn on your own

Solid work culture for such a large company. They do seem to care vs other large companies

Bank of America has been a great place to work and grow in the financial industry. Specifically in the retail sector. Typical pros and cons. Decent pay. High stress

Pros

Pay is competitive and good benefits. 16 weeks paid paternity is nuts

Cons

Staffing is getting brutal

If you don’t meet your goals you get reprimanded . Customers can open their own accounts on line and do and you have to compete.

All the holidays get taken up by the same people every year so when you get the list for your vacation your managers your assistant managers have already taking Christmas Thanksgiving New Year’s and you never get a chance even though you’ve been in the company for 15 years it is shameful that they don’t get reprimanded for that that is abuse of power.

Pros

There were some free lunch during Covid but that came to an end as well a long time ago.

Cons

There is no short breaks your lunch is half an hour.

Not interested on culture. Mostly all high rank positions are filled by white people. The salary was good.

Terrible place for your health. You will eventually end up with heart problems due to all the stress and 0 appreciation of your work. 6 day week shift

Pros

Sick time off

Cons

Only 30 minute lunch no brks, Hard to get pto on days of preference, Very stressful environment with tons of feedback every minute of the day, You can’t breathe always have someone coaching you after every interaction.

Great company with great benefits

Great company. They treated us very well during the pandemic: free lunch, extra pay, child care benefits, etc. Management works well to understand your future at the company and help get you there.

Pros

Set hours

Cons

Sales

No opportunity to grow

Yes, it has some great benefits and decent pay, however, if you want to grow and succeed with the company it is almost impossible, you could be the best employee and achieve your goals but you can spend 10+ years in the same position with no chance to grow, unless, management likes you, you won't have a chane to move on and grow.

Benefits

Cons

No growth opportunity

fun place

overall he company was good to work for i have no complaints you get an hour lunch and weekdneds off, goals are hard to hit but iof yo work hard you can hit them and make good money

Pros

state of the art facilities

Cons

Sales pressure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of America. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Bank of America