Bank of America

Bank of America Employee Reviews for Sales and Service Technician

handling cash and transaction the correct way follow procedures to follow every transaction management varies by location enjoy working there because of regular customers
All about sales and numbers , did not feel appreciated , pushing sales dispite customers needs , working 6 days a week with no normal full day off of work Saturday
I was very stress at work a lot of headaches management is not professional at all. I was the only teller even to go to the restroom was not fun at all
I worked at Bank of America before having children and am now a stay at home mom. I often miss it, it was a great environment and the pay and benefits were phenomenal. The only thing I didn’t like was that they treat banking as a sales floor and you have a certain quota to meet. Other than that, it was a great place to work!
I worked for Bank of America for 4 years. I loved it! My banking center was the best in the region. Great customers, great co-workers, and great management. Moving up the latter was difficult, since there is alot of favoritism and politics. I was very lucky to work for the bank and with my wonderful manager. But I did work in different branches (more than 5) sadly I have to say not all the managers were as efficient as my manager I had in the end.
Great place to grow and work Training was great and they make sure you understand the system Vacation pay off bonuses and Holiday...Customer service must be first place and balance Zero at the end of the day
The work culture depends on your branch . There are some centers where employees work well together and others not so much as a team. Overall, the bank has policies you must follow and there’s no room for creativity. There are departments within banking that does allow room for growth. It all depends on an employee’s motive. The job security is there.
I loved and enjoyed working for bank of america, i was offer a different position with better pay and i took the job. I left in good terms and gave full notice.
Was a great environment while I was there. Change of Management was frequent. Was promoted while in the teller line. They usually do only hire part time to start
I worked there for 16yrs. I started out as a Bank Teller and my last position was as a Sales Service Specialist(SSS). Bank of America is a very Customer Service and Sales Driven Company. The training I received there was top notch. You have to be able to adapt to change quickly due to customer climate change.
Pros
Excellent Training
Cons
You need to be a Team player, self motvated to work with anyone and everyone.
Overall experience was a delight. I loved working for bank of America. My banking center crew was the best in the region. But after my manager retired, everything down hill. The new management was poor and unprofessional. All the employees from my banking center were fired one after the other. Clearly politics came into play.
Watch yourself at all times there are not many trustworthy associates and it is like a high school with the gossip and favoritism. Great benefits and still a few who care to come to work and actually know how to do their jobs properly.
Had to go to hospital once cause I was near death from poisoning. Manager had the audacity to call my cell and say if I didn't show up to work the next day I would be marked as an unexcused absence and having three of those means you're fired. I LITERALLY just had gotten out of surgery and was still groggy from the anesthetics.
Pros
some of the coworkers are really nice, not management
Cons
everything
This company helped me build character and help me grow as a person. I had great leaders in the industry that helped with my own management skills. I would have loved to stay but due to school had to leave.
over all i liked working. The management was not always helpful. They push goals too much. However the overall job is easy and well paid. you can grow within the company. Moving up the ladder does take time.
Bank of America offers a lot of vacation time, which is needed because the amount of stress endured while working there. I'm sure some branches are different, however the goals that are require to meet from tellers to bankers, is extremely disproportionate to the amount of customers you have. And, if you finally meet your sale goals, there is no pat on the back, they just grow for the following month.
Bank of America was a good company to work for. The only down side of working there was the never ending expectations of selling products. I did not enjoy trying to sell every customer something if feel they did not need.
Pros
Marternity leave was great!
Cons
sales
Managers never pushed for goal expectations that were extremely unrealistic and associates were greatly pressured to meet these goals. Compensation was very low and there was a large turnover rate.
Pros
Short travel to work
Cons
Excessive goals and unnecessary punishment.
This company was a good stepping stone for me in my career as a financial professional. I have since used these skills to progress to other opportunities
Company is sales and production driven. This often affects the work life balance of employees. Company Culture is tolerable. Good employees and co workers.
Pros
Co workers and fellow employees
Cons
Management and Company Culture
bank teller mostly processing transactions very customer service orientated and be able to offer credit cards auto loans and home refinances and pay close attention to detail.
  1. Sales and Service Technician