Bank of America logo
Bank of America

Bank of America Employee Reviews for Teller

Teller1,476 reviews

Found 1,476 reviews matching the searchSee all 30,462 reviews

Fun business place to work at.

I learned a lot while working for Bank of America. I learned how to make deposits and transfers for our clients so they can have easy access to their money. Presenting our clients with products that could be beneifical to them was also a part of my job that I enjoyed. As a college student I was able to work and go to my classes with having to worry about my work schedule.

Fun ans productivity

Well I jusr would like to say working fir this company has its benefits such as vacation. However management needs to revamp their mrthods of managmrnt

Pros

Free lun h

Cons

Poor management

Productive and great place to job

Work for over 1 1/2 and there was no movement when wanted to get a promotion. Depends on the type of manager that will push you and help you to move on from a teller position

Soul-sucking Company

Working at BofA will literally suck the soul right out of your body. They are a predatory, corrupt company. Very stressful, toxic work environment. Customers and staff were unhappy.

Narcist

Bank of America is a great company to work for. However the Jersey City location is a mess. You will be stepped on like a cockroach , often your job flow will depend on Your manager's day.

Great learning experience

Great place to learn all about the banking world. Learning did come from being left without a manager multiple times. Having to research Answers on my own.

Great BOA branch.

Manager was exceptional to both staff and customers. Customers were mostly friendly as well as the longterm coworkers. It was a smoothly run, professional yet warm environment. The only stressful part was to not be able to meet sales requirements, our branch had a large % of older folks/retirees who were not interested in new loans and ccs.

Ops stress

I worked there before and it’s was ok I did advance pretty quickly but fear of making a mistake daily was stressful they were very diligent in operations area

Pros

Bankers hours, was promoted a couple times

Cons

Felt like I was going to get fired everyday if I made 1 mistake

Stressful job

There is no work/life balance. Very stressful job working as a teller. The compensation is not fair compare to other banks. Very competitive workplace.

Pros

You get a free checking account.

Cons

No breaks, lunch breaks interrupted.

Average teller experience

Average teller experience, I worked there years ago, I'm sure it's different now. However training was good, I felt ready afterwards even though I had no banking experience before

Pros

Benefits, room to grow

Cons

Short breaks

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bank of America?

Teller

Stressful fast paced job. Good training but not enough help once in position. Unrealistic quotas regarding credit cards and opening accounts even as a teller.

Pros

Stable job

Cons

High stress

2.0 overall

I started working at BOA in September of 2019 and I started as part time teller. Since January of last year I have been working as full time. Monday through Friday and I have had countless conversations with the manager about this and no change has been made. I am still considered part time and on work day when I go on vacation am only paid for 4 hours instead of 8 because of this. When I reached out to HR they were completely useless and said “I could work up to 6 days a week and still be considered part time”. And they once told me that they had “max” full time tellers. Yet all tellers became bankers and now I am the only teller left.

Pros

Good pay

Nice team

Not the best company to work for, clients were regulars and nice but not much advancement it seemed. Tellers were there for 30 plus years doing the same job

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Short breaks

Sales and more sales

When I worked here everything was about sales and customer service was lacking. Hopefully things have changed. The management weren't that much of help.

Benefits

Cons

Low pay

Great place

Thoroughly enjoyed this job. It was so much fun dealing with customers face to face but via a computer screen. Was apart of it's launch so of course there was always something new to learn.

Great place

Great place great pay great people great benefits . Best place to work for. Paid vacations. Paid maternity leave. 10/10 recommend. Been here 2 years..

Busy environment and fully sales driven

Very sales driven. You can do a 100 referrals a week but if none of them are closed then it’s as if you did nothing. Management is constantly on you about it.

Pros

Free lunch sometimes

Cons

Sales sales sales

ok place to work

Work hours are flexible and some team members are fun to work with. have a couple of days of training before you started the actual work facing customers, overall it's a good experience,

Great enviroment

Awesome place to work I enjoyed the flexible schedule and the management was great! They genuinely care about the well being of their employees. Recommend to anyone.

Must enjoy what you do.

I enjoyed talking to the clients at bank of America. Giving back to the community was fun. The management wasn't good, you can clearly see favoritism. Too much pressure to meet quota, especially around a low income neighborhood.

Pros

Opportunity to volunteer in your community, healthcare benefits, job advancement

Cons

Management, sales quota

Stressful but great pay and hours

This job was one of my stressful jobs ever, but very much worth it when it came to the pay and the hours. Saturday’s you get out early and sundays are closed and you get all major holidays off.

Pros

Pay

Cons

High paced and stressful
  • Bank of America