Bank of America

Bank of America Employee Reviews for Teller

Found 1,471 reviews matching the search
I learned a lot while working for Bank of America. I learned how to make deposits and transfers for our clients so they can have easy access to their money. Presenting our clients with products that could be beneifical to them was also a part of my job that I enjoyed. As a college student I was able to work and go to my classes with having to worry about my work schedule.
Great place to learn all about the banking world. Learning did come from being left without a manager multiple times. Having to research Answers on my own.
Manager was exceptional to both staff and customers. Customers were mostly friendly as well as the longterm coworkers. It was a smoothly run, professional yet warm environment. The only stressful part was to not be able to meet sales requirements, our branch had a large % of older folks/retirees who were not interested in new loans and ccs.
I worked there before and it’s was ok I did advance pretty quickly but fear of making a mistake daily was stressful they were very diligent in operations area
Pros
Bankers hours, was promoted a couple times
Cons
Felt like I was going to get fired everyday if I made 1 mistake
There is no work/life balance. Very stressful job working as a teller. The compensation is not fair compare to other banks. Very competitive workplace.
Pros
You get a free checking account.
Cons
No breaks, lunch breaks interrupted.
Average teller experience, I worked there years ago, I'm sure it's different now. However training was good, I felt ready afterwards even though I had no banking experience before
Pros
Benefits, room to grow
Cons
Short breaks
Stressful fast paced job. Good training but not enough help once in position. Unrealistic quotas regarding credit cards and opening accounts even as a teller.
Pros
Stable job
Cons
High stress
I started working at BOA in September of 2019 and I started as part time teller. Since January of last year I have been working as full time. Monday through Friday and I have had countless conversations with the manager about this and no change has been made. I am still considered part time and on work day when I go on vacation am only paid for 4 hours instead of 8 because of this. When I reached out to HR they were completely useless and said “I could work up to 6 days a week and still be considered part time”. And they once told me that they had “max” full time tellers. Yet all tellers became bankers and now I am the only teller left.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not the best company to work for, clients were regulars and nice but not much advancement it seemed. Tellers were there for 30 plus years doing the same job
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Short breaks
When I worked here everything was about sales and customer service was lacking. Hopefully things have changed. The management weren't that much of help.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay
Thoroughly enjoyed this job. It was so much fun dealing with customers face to face but via a computer screen. Was apart of it's launch so of course there was always something new to learn.
Great place great pay great people great benefits . Best place to work for. Paid vacations. Paid maternity leave. 10/10 recommend. Been here 2 years..
Very sales driven. You can do a 100 referrals a week but if none of them are closed then it’s as if you did nothing. Management is constantly on you about it.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Sales sales sales
Work hours are flexible and some team members are fun to work with. have a couple of days of training before you started the actual work facing customers, overall it's a good experience,
Awesome place to work I enjoyed the flexible schedule and the management was great! They genuinely care about the well being of their employees. Recommend to anyone.
I enjoyed talking to the clients at bank of America. Giving back to the community was fun. The management wasn't good, you can clearly see favoritism. Too much pressure to meet quota, especially around a low income neighborhood.
Pros
Opportunity to volunteer in your community, healthcare benefits, job advancement
Cons
Management, sales quota
This job was one of my stressful jobs ever, but very much worth it when it came to the pay and the hours. Saturday’s you get out early and sundays are closed and you get all major holidays off.
Pros
Pay
Cons
High paced and stressful
Seriously. Just don’t even bother. The pay is awful for the amount of work and level of detail they demand. The management at my branch is ruthless, unforgiving and mean. Run.
a typical workday includes : Arriving early, counting cash and setting up for customers. Here i learned that money is more important then employees and thats just what it is. I also learned alot about banking through great training programs i was provided while employed.Management was not good as they did not lead nor listen and act on employees concerns to make a comfortable workplace. Instead instilled fear i its employees. Workplace culture was okay. It all depends on personality. The work place was not diverse. Hardest art of the job was not feeling supported by management, but often criticized and pushed to reach numbers and goals with no reward but lots of scolding along the way. The most nejoyable part of the job was the few customers that were regulars that cared. That remembered previous conversations, childrens birthdays etc.
Pros
Appoints pre approved, customers, pay
Cons
covid ruined everything, no extra funds, less hours, benefits
By far one of the best companies to work for the way BofA takes care of all their employees and the team development you build is awesome! Everyone is family!
Pros
Free lunches and business attire
Cons
Financial center locations typically don't have the time for paid 15min breaks
The truth a I was a bank teller enjoyed my job but they are always Under staff so expect a very busy day depending on bank location. I would recommend this job for anyone that is good with Numbers and organized because you aren’t you will always be short when balancing your money box.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short staff