Bank of America

Bank of America Employee Reviews for Teller

Teller1,504 reviews

Found 1,504 reviews matching the searchSee all 31,300 reviews

Fun business place to work at.

I learned a lot while working for Bank of America. I learned how to make deposits and transfers for our clients so they can have easy access to their money. Presenting our clients with products that could be beneifical to them was also a part of my job that I enjoyed. As a college student I was able to work and go to my classes with having to worry about my work schedule.

It’s not worth the stress

Bank of America HR doesn’t follow up when numerous complains happen with their management and is super hostile environment and the sales is a joke because most ppl

Stress

the job is stressful. No one cares about you or what you do. There's two different companies. The banks and the corporate. If you're in a bank your life is awful and you'll never get promoted out.

Fin place to work

Great place to be around people fun friends easy money .lot of work load ..nice customers ..money skills….first tome job..professional environment ..

Pros

Free advice

Cons

Too slow

Good place to get foot in door

Started as a teller, but I was a student, so I could only work part time - aka, wasn't able to get promoted. My co-workers were promoted relatively fast who started as tellers. Within 8 years (we follow eachother on socials), I've seen them go from tellers, to bankers, to managers, to FSA's on commission. Good place to work.

Pros

1 hr. lunches, friendly workers.

Cons

Had a couple clueless managers, sale goals, product pushing

Fun work

Amazing easy day at work good benefits good workers management and coworkers very flexible time off very good benefits put a request for leave or vacation is seemless

Just high call volume of calls and very stressful.

Nobody here truly cares. Every manager makes excuses for themselves but will pick out every flaw you got! I used to see the potential in this company for change and real difference, however lately everything is only in benefit for the company and not the employees.

Cool

The place was ok for the time there. It’s not a place to grow. I wish I had went with one of the other bigs banks. They can pay better but refuse to..

Take the job. They take care of their employees . They give bonuses every quarter. They give you gifts as well. You can climb the latter easily .I only left to go into the medical field.

Learning platform

Ability to learn and grow in a large financial setting. Able to promote within the branch. Hard to promote to other departments. Loved my team and managers

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bank of America?

Run

You are just a number and easily replaced. The management only cares about their safety and well being.Only time they care is when you make the branch look good. They don’t care that you have to take mental breaks because you have a job to do. The pay it’s very nice but not worth they way you will get treated.

It’s okay

Very corporate sales job. Hectic schedules. No work life balance I wouldn’t recommend but you do as you like. Weird culture you’re just a small fry. I

Pros

Cons

Capitalistic greed

Ok

This job was so stressful they didn’t have enough tellers at the time i worked there. They wanted us to get people to get credit cards but we had the same people coming in everyday just about and they didn’t want it and they still told us to tell them every time they came in about a credit card.

Teller

Management isn’t the best they hire managers off the street who have no sense of banking regulations. This makes it hard for people who are aware of tasks that must be completed.

Fun environment

Good . Good schedule . Great customers . Could get stressful . They could have paid more . Room of advancement. Helpful supervisors . Team work was on point .

Poor culture inside of the company

Management treats people like trash. People come and leave company all the time. Goals are high. No motivation. Very low salary. Sanger’s do not allow to take overtime even if company needs instead they are asking you to take longer lunch and stay longer, which doesn’t make any sense, especially for part time employees.

Cons

Financial software needs to be taught in a classroom environment rather than online. Unable to ask questions online.

Good company but with low starting pay. Bank of America is more about making money than investing in employees. While they are service oriented, they really need to open up drive-up banking as it is a great inconvenience to cause all customers to park and come inside to conduct business

Pros

Nice manager support and employees.

Cons

You must leave the premises on the very minute that your shift ends or you will be in trouble, that's a difficult thing to do if your cash drawer is out of balance.

Loved it

Great people that really proved it takes more than just patience to work in a bank setting, but actually takes time to analzye and use best judgment. Greate training

Teller

Great part time job while in school, do not recommend for a full time job working in the branch. Forced to sell while also telling customers use the atm

Pros

Cons

Low pay, nasty customers, management doesn’t care

Management is not helful

They do not hire quality people. Customers complaint that customer service is non existence. Some managers do not follow up on customers so got a lot of complaint.

Pros

Good starting job

Cons

Pay low

Very fast paced work place

We see many, many customers a day almost nonstop.. I have learned a lot about how accounts work and some insight on how to handle finances. It is a very demanding, high stress, draining place though. Very low on employees so we are worn thin. I will say the culture and relationships with fellow employees and management are great. Benefits and compensation are great as well.

Pros

Benefits, culture

Cons

Lack of employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of America. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Bank of America