Bank of Singapore

Bank of Singapore Employee Reviews

Well paid but lack of progression opportunities

Overall, it is a good place to be fairly paid. But not good for career advancement. Try not to stay there for more than 5 years. Lack of work recognition.

Pros

Fairly paid

Cons

Lack of work recognition

Conducive environment with nice n helpful colleagues

Colleagues are generally nice but systems are very bad. There are lots of manual reconciliations with short deadlines. A lot of time are spent on manual stuff. Systems introduced don’t work well n we need to help system instead of the other way.People are friendly n willing to help generally. The company has very good medical benefits not only for staff but also applicable to their family.

Pros

Good medical benefits

Cons

Systems always have problems, take long time to rectify system issues. Management n relevant teams push FO to be held accountable, huge stress to be FO.

Nil

Culture is stifle. Management use a top down approach. Work life balance doesnt really exist. Shortage of staff. Some managers do not lead but just bossy.

High Stress and Political at times

Challenging work and high attention to details required. Long hours everyday but I learned a lot on how to navigate a very formal organisation. Overall a good place to learn about IT.

Very Stressful

Working at Bank of Singapore is very stressful. There is no respect of employees. Employees are taken for granted. Very long working hours and weekend working.

Na

This is the first time the central bank has eased monetary policy since April 2016, and comes amid faltering growth in Singapore as a protracted trade war and a global tech downturn continue to weigh on the key manufacturing sector.

Toxic

Not a recommended choice. Extremely toxic culture and political cut throat exhibited from top management to bottom employees. The IT Department is managed by program managers who are slave drivers so that you worked for them 7 days a week on call including holidays and with no work life balance. There is no appreciation of your hard work and sacrifices. I came from reputable banks to join BOS and now truly regretted my decision dragging my feet to come to work everyday. This is not sustainable.

Pros

Benefit and remuneration

Cons

Ruined your career and resume

Boss is good

The leaders of the MR team are really good and open to various insights and ideas. He gives you ample opportunity to prove yourself and display your capability. Encouraging and gives good feedback.

Highly overworked environment with severe manpower shortage

Management is constantly pushing for more revenues without allowing headcount to keep up. As a result, each individual is extremely overworked due to the increasing number of clients on-boarded, yet hardly new staff are recruited to share the burden of the workload.

Cons

Very manual and backward in terms of technology, many processes have to be manually tended to, too many rules and regulations.

Great people, great environment

had a wonderful intern experience. people are great, supportive, and fun. it could be too corporate, but the overall experience working with them was fantastic.

Dynamic working environment

Management is friendly and pro-business. Team of hardworking, dynamic people.

Good

WORK LIFE BALANCE WAS NOT GREAT MY MANAGER AND OFFICE COLLEAGUES WERE GOOD the temenos learning atmosphere was excellent associate director profile was ok

Motivating environment

As a part of Management support team, was able to quickly learn and make ample value add to my skillsets and knowledge and also to the organization with the support from the team.

Workplace

Enjoyable, depending on the departments you are in. Culture on the average score 3 out of 5, one part being rated high offsetting the other. Prepare for lots of deviations from the direction given.

My 7 years and 2 Months

BOS is a bank I'm very proud of, because it represents "Singapore". Being a local private bank, yet with a global outreach. Most nights I was very busy and overwhelmed because of too many customers, which, I think speaks for itself, that's BOS! Our diverse customer base indeed contributed to my learning and understanding of clients' investment needs. As such, management has always been trying to fulfill those needs through upgrading the bank's capabilities. The hardest part during my time with BOS was always the grave-yard shift, serving the US markets for seven long years. As a result I missed out in terms of people interaction and activities at the bank level. However, the most gratifying moment were those who worked so closely with me, they were dynamic, resourceful and open-minded young people.

Pros

Training & Learning, good medical benefits

Cons

Night shift hours of 7pm - 5am. Affected my bio-clock

Good place to start out

MO functions Learn about FX derivatives and the entire option life cycle Culture is not as competitive as IB so there are pros and cons to how you see it.

Productive workplace.

Perform compliance monitoring. I was also tasked to compile monthly compliance reports to my team head to submit to higher management. I learnt a lot about bank compliance, and also discovered that it was something I could do well.

Excellent learning curve

Excellent environment for candidates looking to enter PB/ Institutional banking

Pros

Good experience

Cons

Challenging and fun working environment

Bank of Singapore is a new and growing private bank. Along with its rapidly growing business, there are so much dynamic changes on the business structure and organization which also means dynamic changes on the kind of work and responsibility you were assigned, hence the fun and challenging part.

Pros

subsidized vending machine goodies, all for only 30 cents

Cons

our office is located far from the CBD

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of Singapore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Bank of Singapore Reviews by Location