Bank of Singapore

Bank of Singapore Salary & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.4Salary & Benefits

Well paid but lack of progression opportunities

Overall, it is a good place to be fairly paid. But not good for career advancement. Try not to stay there for more than 5 years. Lack of work recognition.

Pros

Fairly paid

Cons

Lack of work recognition

Conducive environment with nice n helpful colleagues

Colleagues are generally nice but systems are very bad. There are lots of manual reconciliations with short deadlines. A lot of time are spent on manual stuff. Systems introduced don’t work well n we need to help system instead of the other way.People are friendly n willing to help generally. The company has very good medical benefits not only for staff but also applicable to their family.

Pros

Good medical benefits

Cons

Systems always have problems, take long time to rectify system issues. Management n relevant teams push FO to be held accountable, huge stress to be FO.

Very Stressful

Working at Bank of Singapore is very stressful. There is no respect of employees. Employees are taken for granted. Very long working hours and weekend working.

My 7 years and 2 Months

BOS is a bank I'm very proud of, because it represents "Singapore". Being a local private bank, yet with a global outreach. Most nights I was very busy and overwhelmed because of too many customers, which, I think speaks for itself, that's BOS! Our diverse customer base indeed contributed to my learning and understanding of clients' investment needs. As such, management has always been trying to fulfill those needs through upgrading the bank's capabilities. The hardest part during my time with BOS was always the grave-yard shift, serving the US markets for seven long years. As a result I missed out in terms of people interaction and activities at the bank level. However, the most gratifying moment were those who worked so closely with me, they were dynamic, resourceful and open-minded young people.

Pros

Training & Learning, good medical benefits

Cons

Night shift hours of 7pm - 5am. Affected my bio-clock

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of Singapore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Bank of Singapore Reviews by Location