Barclays logo
Barclays

Barclays Employee Reviews

Found 124 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,928 reviews

Colleagues became family

I know this may not be true for all but when I was working there for almost 8 years I was happy. I wasn't at first becase of the gossip culture I experienced in one department but once I got out, everything was better. I had great managers who were always looking after me. The compensation and benefits are great. My colleagues became my family. We always try to have fun at work and after. Until now I am in touch with them. If I didn't have to move to another country, I would have definitely stayed.

Pros

Compensation and Benefits

Cons

Workplace politics

Good place to work.Good environment and had a good team lead to work with. The team is highly cooperative and we had a great team lead to support us. Competitive yet friendly place

Diverse and inclusive workplace

Barclays promotes an inclusive working environment where everybody is respected and accepted and their voices count. This encourages innovation and high performance.

Nice compensation package

There is cultural diversity. The package and salary is competitive and the benefits are good in terms of medical. There is a sense of belonging in the team that I have worked.

Overall a good place to work

Every job depends on the team and the manager you work with. With 7+ years in the bank across 2 locations, 3 teams and 5 managers I can say that my experience in Barclays was very good. The quality of work in international locations are excellent and you will be heard by people at the top of the executive ladder.

Cooperative

Cooperative Process oriented work Learning Atmosphere Work Home culture is good Work is quite organised and systematic Good and presentable Managers are supportive

N/a

Great company that support career development and recognises and celebrates people bringing their whole self to work. Customer obsessed Colleague obsessed Outcome obsessed

Perfect Start to the Banking Industry

Being an MNC, you're exposed to working with different types of people from all over the world. The work may sneak up on you and may just stress you out but that's normal in back-end banking. You have a lot of perks even when starting out and the company emphasis a good work-life balance. The only company I've worked at so far that actually states work hours as 9am-5pm on paper whereas everywhere else has 6pm.

friendly and fun workplace

I was worked about 12 years at Barclays and the most enjoyable part of the job. Lot of Freedom and higher management will always value the suggestions given by you.

Had a chance to travel overseas to meet clients and grow in my role. The company provide soft skill training to better equip employee. I really enjoy the culture and the work challenge that comes with it.

Pros

Good benefit

Cons

sometime demand long hours

Jobs at Barclays

See more jobs

Fun workplace

The workplace is filled with young energised, multinational colleagues. The welfare benefits are great. Many training opportunities provided. Many company activities to attend.

good place to work

very good culture, they adhere to respect for individuals. they maintain global standards in delivering quality products. salary and benefits is very good, they look after their employees and mindful and the company image.

Work life balance

Work life balance and culturally diverse organization. Accountability and efficiency in the work practices is key to the overall success of the organization.

Excellent place to thrive and grow for those that want to work hard and learn hard, and play hard

- 8 to 6 is really the minimum hours required - You have the opportunity to learn in any area that is either lacking for you and you want to brush up or you need to learn for the role you are doing - Management can be mixed - Some are outstanding and others are outstanding people but not leaders, all have been amazing to work with - Culture - lead from the top about getting the job done in the right way which is right for client outcome and for the business - excellent - Keeping up with the pace is hard but also exciting - Colleagues and clients - they make the work fun and challenging all at the same time

Pros

Exciting and challenging place to to work

Cons

Long hours required to keep up

Excellent Experience

it was an excellent working experience with Barclays where i gained managerial skills, handle team, developed interpersonal skills and developed as an individual.

Productive & Healthy Environment

- Learned about Retail Banking, Credit Cards, Contact Centre, Telephony Applications. - Good Work Culture. - Had full freedom to carry out our Role / Job.

What i learned

A very nice working environment. Colleagues and bosses are nice. Learnt how to use their system on AP accounts. Love to work in town location too. Overall workplace culture is friendly too.

Long working hours

Working 12 hours a day is not very pleasant. The only good thing is I had a good manager in the 2nd and 3rd role.

Great work/life balance

Fantastic company with real goals to be the best in the industry. The employees are very professional and everyone seemed happy where they are. I would have stayed and retired here given the right opportunities.

Productive, worklife balance and employees is taken cared of with competitive renumeration.

Barclays suppprt work life balance. With a very good job culture. And with very good competitive renumeration and very good benefits. Offers trainings and relevant seminars for employee advancement. Offers a very good meducal benefits for the whole family without limit to the number of children. Team has a very good working relationship and team work. Team member will.not experience working silos. Colleagues in UK are very supportive and willing to coach and mentor. Management are fair and makes employees and clients lives easier as much as possible. So far, I can't recall in my time with Barvlays that I experience difficulties in my work. There are tools ready to help. Boss are supportive and hands-on. Policies and guidelines are in place. Support system is also in placed. Most enjoyable part working in Barclays was having help my team member techinically that prompted fir their promotions. Implementing projects successfully almost to petfection bec of excellent team work.

Na

Good place to work and very cooperative people. Very good scope to learn new things and management is also good. Best place to work and have fun. Good pay master.

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barclays. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1K