Beard Papa's

Beard Papa's Employee Reviews

Come on and slam, and welcome to the jam Come on and slam, if you wanna jam

Decent job. Some of the coworkers act like they’re better than everyone but you can just ignore them. Pay is decent and store is usually not that busy.

Decent pay but weak job security

The pay is decent for the work. It gets busy at times but the tips are worth it. The process is pretty simple when you get a hang of it. My only complaint is that the management will not give you notice about what you’ve done wrong until you ask why they cut your hours. I had no chance for correction.

typical chain restaurant work environment

Standard fast-food like environment, sometimes asked to do things outside of what you think would be normal. You would work both back and front house and the pay is average. Not great management or higher ups, but depends on the manager you have. Had a great manager but she was only there for a short time.

Fun workplace

Overall I enjoyed my experience at Beard Papa’s! My coworkers were great and the owner too. Such a fun atmosphere to work in. It helped me develop customer service and sales skills.

Decent

Usually 3-4 people working. One was always in the back doing the dipping, makin the custard filling, and dishes. The others were up front taking orders and filling the puffs. My location scheduled me less than 10 hours a week. I’m free everyday and there weren’t that many workers and still gave me less and less shifts. I was there for not even 3 months and decided it wasn’t worth my time and quit because even when I talked to them they still wouldn’t schedule me more than 8 hours a week

Pros

Breaks

Cons

Never scheduled

It’s an okay first job

It’s very easy to learn everything quickly just the weekdays are very boring since there’s not much to do weekends are very much packed I think we’re a little bit understaffed for those days also we only get a little bit they scheduled during the week specifically because of the pandemic there’s not a lot of positions opened

terrible workplace

Overworked and overwhelmed, Beard Papa's Boston was one of the worst places to work at. Since many employees leave, the store was often understaffed.

Not good for bills

It's good if you have no bills but they give you only 2-3 days per week and because of covid you'll be working through your breaks but it is dead with occasional small bursts of customers which can get overwhelming because of the apps and customers in line

You do a lot, but you learn a lot too

opening: you have to rush to bake all the pastries, set up tables/chairs, set up packing station, dipping eclairs etc. you have to work very fast to open on time, but the manager would help if you needed assistance. manager was nice and flexible with scheduling, but strict on cleaning closing: a LOT of cleaning, mopping and sanitizing the bathroom, washing the pumps and cookingware, cleaning the ovens, etc. there would be times during the day that were extremely slow and some days when you might get a rush hour and it gets packed and you have to work fast to get all the orders done (this was pre-covid) I think its a good first job-teaches a lot of skills and gives you experience. However, I was paid minimum wage and was a hard worker. Other workers who had been there longer were paid more even though they would slack off.

Pros

get to eat really yummy creampuffs, learned a lot of skills, met new people

Cons

very low pay for a lot of work you would essentially do everything: cashier, baker, cleaner etc. sometimes would get stressful

lack of management

Currently, we do not have a manager looking over inventory, staff, and money. As a part-time cashier, I feel as if I am doing a lot more for what at am being paid to do. Due to not having a manager, we have a very difficult time keeping the store in shape.

Love it, Couldn't Stay

This was one of my most loved jobs. Everyone in the store was kind and helpful. To this day, the old manager and I keep in touch, however, with new management and new company rules. That value a dollar more than the costumer. I could not stay. I don't know how it is now. However, if they continued in the path, they were going. I don't think it would still be a great place to work.

It was fine as a fist job

The pacing was fast, rushed, and no one on the team was too nice when I was there. It was fine for a first job, but you either last for a long time or leave almost immediately. I lasted about 8 months, much longer than a good 80% of my peers but shorter than the veterans.

Meeting new people and helping them with what they wanna order

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people. I learn to move in a fast-paced environment when it was very busy. I learned to be a supervisor because I was the longest one that worked there.

Enjoyed!

Beard papas is overall a great and light dessert place. I would most definitely recommend it in a work environment. The manager is great and hours are very flexable, really understanding.

Stressful and inconsistent work environment

A typical day at work consists of constant pestering by said manager and some unproductive co workers. Learned how to deal with a variety of different kinds of coworkers and good problem solving skills. Management is at times unprofessional. Setting aside disputes between employees could at times be difficult. Having positive customers were the best part of this job position.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

No breaks

At times slow paced but other times Extremely fast paced

Once the store opens, I count money before I deposit into the cash register. Once that's completed, I ready materials for backing pastries to last throughout the day. I then make pastries, drinks, take phone orders and help customers when the arrive to the store. If needed, I stock Ingredients and accept delivery of shipments as they arrive. When time is slow, I clean everything to be show ready.

Cons

No benefits

Nice temp job

A great place to work while in school. You get discounts on pastries and you learn great teamworking skills. Requires some baking skills such as punctuality, adaptation, and self-awareness. While I worked there the management was very nice and the team was a lot of fun. Being a student and being surrounded by other student workers gave me a broader outlook on how to manage my time.

Pros

Food and atmosphere

Cons

Hard to move up.

I enjoyed it

Pretty okay. it is okay I believe there were things that needed to be adjusted but overall it was an incredible experience with good people from various parts of the world.

work can be fast and fun or slow and fun

coworkers are cool a lot of Japanese people and tourist so patience is key. It is a kitchen so the cleaning has to be on point so major key! Managers, for the most part, are cool.

Fun place but bad managment

As working as a baker at Beard Papa. We make custurds and cream puffs for the costumers and the working enviroment is really good. As the Management its need to improve on because theres no manager working along side of the employees nor understand how the employees trully feel.

Pros

breaks, enviroment

Cons

management, understaff, short payment

Fast paced environment with high value on customer service

As a store manager a Beard Papa's a typical day consisted of balancing out the register, depositing, watching over my employees for excellence in customer service and of course dealing with the difficult customer here and there.Hardest part of the job is hearing a complaint from a customer. I wanted everyone to leave satisfied with no regrets or doubtsMost enjoyable part of the job are the connections I made with my employees. After 2 years I have found people who will remain in my life forever.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beard Papa's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Beard Papa's with