Bishan Home for the Intellectually Disabled

Bishan Home for the Intellectually Disabled Employee Reviews

Singapore6 reviews

Collborative and fun work experience

I definitely recommed this Home as it became my 2nd home away from home. The learnings I have gained are useful in order to grow personally and professionally. There are lots of wonderful and great memories with residents, colleauges and my superiors. indeed my stay was amazing ;)

Good learning experience

The work is not that difficult as some of the residents can still ambulate. One of our concern is that the staff are staying near the residents ward, thus noise is present and sleep or rest can be interrupted. The management is okay, as well as the residents. The workplace is also a problem as the place is not that well ventilated and it needs more room for the residents and staff. The home also needs more manpower.

Pros

free accomodation and food allowances

Cons

night curfew

Learning with compassion

You will learn how to love your work there, enjoy witht the staff and all members of bishan while working. All Staff are friendly and respectful. Know how to manage time wisely and be creative in handling clients

Pros

Free Lunch or Dinner

wonderful and great working environment

productive working environment learned to become more patient in work able to work happily with a team enjoy taking care my residents knowing they can appreciate you

Fun

Nursing care for elderly clients with intellectually disabled. Not allow to stay out. Less benefits although enrolled nurse the salary is low compare to the other company. Handling phone calls. Arrange appointment for clients. Over all in charge for home at least once a week. In charge for 40 male clients.

Dealing with Mentally Disabled Clients

It's an experience of a lifetime because it deals on how patient you are for a client who has been a mentally disabled since birth or a result for a certain medical condition. Some of our clients are Down Syndrome, some of them are Autistic also and some behavioural problems.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bishan Home for the Intellectually Disabled. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Bishan Home for the Intellectually Disabled with