Blue Cross Blue Shield

Blue Cross Blue Shield Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,600 reviews

Good

Worked in best ethically good environment. Good Work culture. Team culture and team. Learned empathy. Enjoyable work culture. Latest technologies are

Poor management and pay

I did not have a great experience with the company. The training was not good and their expectations were unrealistic. I worked for the company for almost 2 years before someone explained to me how to qualify for a raise. They don’t want you to discuss pay. In fact they will write you up for discussing pay. I’m sure it’s because everyone is being paid an unfair amount. I was responsible for taking calls, calling out to resolve customer issues and following up with the customers. The job was almost impossible. I hope to never find myself in a situation where I have to return to this company. I cried almost every week from the stress!

Overall, Ok Job with Fair pay

If you can talk on the Phone ALL DAY LONG, then this is the place for you. You are fairly micromanaged and must keep to your schedule exactly. The enjoyable part can be talking to people and feeling like you helped someone get the task accomplished, the hard part is also talking to people who want to sue the company and yell and scream at you. Not too bad if you want to just do your job and go home.

Really negative work environment

The work environment is really negative. The managers and the people on top could careless about you. They want you to work till you bleed and there is zero everything else. Extremely pathetic and just extremely annoying. What a waste.

Pros

Cons

No good pto

Overall Good

Amazing work life balance.Good benefits and compensation. Somewhat repetitive, mundane. Hard to move into different positions. Great culture. Great job security.

Overworked and understaffed

The expectation is that one person do the work of what should be delegated to 5-7 individual workers, and there is no empathy once you suffer from unavoidable burn out

Company is cheap with raises, don't value their diverse work group only certain groups get promotions

I wouldn't recommend this xompany to any of my friends or family based on the experiences I've had and others I know who work there or have worked there. They have no moral compass. You are forced to donate money on their behalf to United Way and amount increases each year and you can never opt out without losing your job. They also charge you as much for insurance as someone working at another company who has insurance with them so another way just to get some of your check back to decrease your pay.

Production

Great flexibility, low pay. Great benefits package and working from home had its advantages. Production based so be prepared to work work work! Advancement opportunities available.

Bad management

Do not recommend at all low pay bad hours mandatory pto no work balance struck on call flow hard to get time off and advance, poor management and very unorganized if you like drama then this is the place for you, if you nosey and like to be in peoples business this is also the place for you, there are people who have been there since the 80s and stuck in their ways beware of Medicaid dept it’s a MESS

Micromanaging

If you are into a very structured environment and being micromanaged to the point of restroom usage this is the place for you. Casual dress environment, great benefits, poor wages.

Pros

Great Benefits

Cons

Micromanaged /Ill managed

Organization values

I appreciate the values of the organization and I think for the most part people really connect them to the work they are doing. Too many priorities, so can be difficult to find a focus.

It’s a start.

If you just starting in the work force it’s a good start but make sure you network in the company to get a higher position. You have to deal with peoples attitudes alot

Great place to work for but work culture has changed

Blue Cross and Blue Shield is a wonderful place to work, however the work culture has changed since Obamacare. There's a lot to keep up even as a claim specialist, and training on the changes depends upon department management. You have many people who stay for 20, 30, 40 years even! Right now though the shift is that people are retiring so it is a good time to join if you're looking for advancement.

Productive and fun place

Enjoyed my co workers - fast paced environment. Training was easy and management was helpful. Pay was great and the work hours were flexible. I would recommend

Ok company, if you wanted to sit in the same chair for 20 years with no growth.

Work life is cool, but managers have no technical knowledge and give suggestions based on their knowledge, as usual in all IT departments.Beware of false knowledge wrt immigration and they screw up your green card process. They simply don’t provide the required support as if they are doing a favour and fire you.

very hard to do work after so called training

The accuracy of information was terrible. Things were constantly changing. Very hard to do a new job when things change nearly every day. The attitude of the trainer was very bad to deal with.

What makes a company’s culture strong? Many organizations struggle to create a memorable and magnetic workplace culture, and it’s no wonder. Organizational culture — the shared values, behaviors and stories that guide people within an organization — can often be tricky to define, not to mention take a lot of time and effort to build.One thing is clear: strong organizational culture is a powerful talent attractor. It can win you access to the best talent in your industry and be the glue that retains your top employees.

Not a good work environment

Worked for bcbs on farrow rd. The work place is very unprofessional! Would not recommend this site for any one to work at. Management only care about old employees and wonder why they can’t keep the new ones!

good experience

would refer to a friend and would still work there if not for my move. cons:the company is run by people that have been there for 30+ years. They aren't willing to move the company in the same direction as the current workforce. Prior to the pandemic it was difficult to work remote and even after the pandemic they were resistant. I'd say Worklife balance is there if you have the right leadership in your dept, which i did, but ultimately the company is still stuck in the past.

It's very political

If they like you everything is good If they don't like you and you don't kiss butt they won't promote you no matter how experienced and educated you are

Great job very flexible and great benefits

Great job very flexible and great benefits. I can honestly say I have nothing bad to say about Blue Cross and Blue Shield they are a very great employer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Cross Blue Shield. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Blue Cross Blue Shield
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?