BreadTalk

BreadTalk Employee Reviews

Singapore39 reviews

Fast Paced Environment

I am able to Learn how to multitask and also customer service skills. Typical day at work involves serving customers and ensure cleanliness, Arranging of buns.

Overall a great experience

A typical day at work as a cashier is pretty busy, carrying out tasks like: cashiering, packing grabfood, cleaning and dealing with customers sometimes. Its a bonus if you're bilingual while cashiering!Pros: Co-workers can be really nice (honestly depends on the outlet), company provides alot of benefits such as free meals from dintaifung during promotion periods and free drinks from toastbox dailyCons: Can be busy at times, dealing nasty customers, have to be really quickConclusion: Every job is never easy and this definitely isn't either. Just try to find joy in the smaller things, so it makes your life easier.

Pros

Staff meals

Cons

Busy peak hours

Fast working nature and you need to learn fast. Good working environment and friendly staffs.

This is fun working environment but fast culture for staff. You have no boring time on duty as you will have to learn new promotions and new products. Anyway as for me I like this company and I work there for 6 years.

Pros

Staff benefits, Proper training, incentive

Cons

Good place to get some work experience.

for the pay and the work needed to do it’s not really worth it. As the cashier you also have to do stock checking, counting and tray cleaning. you may also be asked to help out to pack breads and cut toast. When there is crowd it can be quite busy but when there is no crowd quite relaxed, nothing much to do.

Pros

Staff meal of 2 buns for part timers

Cons

based on the workload given, the pay is a little low.

Too much workload, never ending

Way too much workload, never ending work to do everyday and alot of OT. if never go to work for 1 day, work will pile up mountain high. Hard to go for long holiday as short of manpower. Mostly still need to go office even though wfh is default

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Overwhelming workload, alot of OT, no worklife balance

Fast-paced workplace

Working hours are acceptable for part-timers. Night shift, however, ends late for cashiers. You have to memorise the bread names and where they are in the menu because they do not have barcodes. You have to check the expiry dates for all items. You may have to make drinks with the machine too. Wiping of the trays and tongs for customers' use is also mandatory. It will take some time for you to get used to the cashier menu and the bread names. You will also have to undergo food safety course before starting work.

boring job

negatives:1)pay too low base on the workload given2)poor management (always last min)3)co workers might not be as friendly and patient4)stand for long hrs(cannot slouch abit)5) after sometime it will become really boringpostives:1)improve your confidence2)good experience for first timers3)made new friends 4)sometimes pretty chill depending on the outlet u work at

Pros

free bread

Cons

poor management

Bad company

Bad company, poor working management, no work life balance, company benefit is very grey, not transparency, same dept is lack of communication.........

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

No work life balance, poor management

Enjoyable Workplace

The workplace environment can be very relaxed and fast-paced depending on the timing of the day. Colleagues are usually friendly and will guide you when you require their help.

Highly toxic politics

focus on too short term and doesn't value loyalty. top management would instruct junior staff directly bypassing line management. not treating employees just & fair, characters attack without dignity.

Working in the kitchen will remove the stress received by customers

Working in the kitchen will learn lots of kitchen work depending on the tasks you given by the manager or colleagues. I learned how to cook noodles during my time at there when i wasn't required to learn at all as a female. The culture itself really depends on your attitude as well, with good attitude and mental state, you will be able to survive well with good colleagues.

Pros

free lunch, good colleagues, free xlb if working in dtf after working hours

Cons

can be exhausting for those who cannot stand long; may tolerate unreasonable consumers

Fun workplace

I was exposed to many different projects as an intern and was given an opportunity to learn alot. I was well guided by the supervisors and colleagues that I had. It was a workplace that promoted work-life balance .

Sometimes busy , sometimes boring

During peak hours, you will be extremely busy. But other than that, is very chilled and can be quite boring at times. The staffs there are friendly and outgoing.

Opportunities

The most enjoyable part of the job is lots opportunities given to grow. There isn't much of a work life balance as the work load are too many due to the fast expansion plan

Work was simple, no brains needed, just physically draining, less suitable for non mandarin speakers

Did not learn much in the job as there was no brains needed, merely helping out with whatever the chef asked for, serving the dishes, basics manners and respect only, no difficulty.

Fast fast fast !!!

Supervisor and senior staff keep pushing me to work faster even though I am a part-timer and just worked a few days, and I think I already tried my very best to work fast. I had to learn the cashiering on the first day of my work and they did not even give me time to familiarise with the bread and cakes names. They expected me to remember where is the key of the product after telling me once but I do not have Super memory! Their high expectations made my chest pain and I thought I was going to die of heart attack. I quitted as I felt my health is more important than the meagre salary!

Pros

Staff discounts

Cons

Unfriendly colleagues

Good place for retirement

It is a good stepping stone to management role from executives. The company provides positive environment to junior staffs and a great learning platform to experience what is it like to be part of a local MNC company.

A wonderful place for learning

I was looking for a part time job after my national exams while waiting for my results, and they happened to be hiring. Basically during working hours for part time cashiers you stand for the entire day, it is very tiring. The job was actually quite tough for me as its my first time working, i actually wanted to quit on my first month at work, however after the first phase of "wanting to quit" which is the hardest part, i started to enjoy my job which is in fact very ironic as most of the other part timers i have worked with quited very soon. However, in the hectic and busy work place i have learned to find some joy in the bustling lifestyle, working together with my colleagues and learning new things at work. I must say what i have learned the most would be customer service. I was a very timid student and through my time here i have learned to speak up and communicate with my colleagues and handle customers.My manager was a very friendly and understanding supervisor and i really had a wonderful time working with her. I stayed on and worked for quite a long time due to personal reasons, but after becoming more experienced at my job the routinous kind of working style can get a little boring but whenever i get complimented by a customer or when a customer greets me with a thank you i just feel so re-energized and i would feel happy to continue working. I guess its not much but its really the little things that counts. Overall, i had a blast at my first job, met many new people and made a lot of friends. So whoever is reading this because you want to quit, hang in there it will -

Pros

You get to learn ALOT of things

Productive and Busy workplace

Serving breads , cleaning the floors , cashier , prepare boxes for tomorrow , serve customers . can learned to be a cashier , courageous to communicate to the others

Pros

Free during non-peak hours

Cons

Standing throughout the day

Fun

Need more room for improvement. Working hours seems long. No ot provided if everyone has hit the limit of ot. I leant many things over here and find that i had developed many skills after working here.

Management is really effective

Everything is fine, the standards, the food quality, the manager's attitude are more than average. I could work satisfactorily there except one thing due to the language difference.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BreadTalk. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• BreadTalk