BreadTalk

BreadTalk Employee Reviews for Cashier

Cashier7 reviews
Singapore7 reviews

Fast Paced Environment

I am able to Learn how to multitask and also customer service skills. Typical day at work involves serving customers and ensure cleanliness, Arranging of buns.

Overall a great experience

A typical day at work as a cashier is pretty busy, carrying out tasks like: cashiering, packing grabfood, cleaning and dealing with customers sometimes. Its a bonus if you're bilingual while cashiering!Pros: Co-workers can be really nice (honestly depends on the outlet), company provides alot of benefits such as free meals from dintaifung during promotion periods and free drinks from toastbox dailyCons: Can be busy at times, dealing nasty customers, have to be really quickConclusion: Every job is never easy and this definitely isn't either. Just try to find joy in the smaller things, so it makes your life easier.

Pros

Staff meals

Cons

Busy peak hours

Good place to get some work experience.

for the pay and the work needed to do it’s not really worth it. As the cashier you also have to do stock checking, counting and tray cleaning. you may also be asked to help out to pack breads and cut toast. When there is crowd it can be quite busy but when there is no crowd quite relaxed, nothing much to do.

Pros

Staff meal of 2 buns for part timers

Cons

based on the workload given, the pay is a little low.

Fast-paced workplace

Working hours are acceptable for part-timers. Night shift, however, ends late for cashiers. You have to memorise the bread names and where they are in the menu because they do not have barcodes. You have to check the expiry dates for all items. You may have to make drinks with the machine too. Wiping of the trays and tongs for customers' use is also mandatory. It will take some time for you to get used to the cashier menu and the bread names. You will also have to undergo food safety course before starting work.

boring job

negatives:1)pay too low base on the workload given2)poor management (always last min)3)co workers might not be as friendly and patient4)stand for long hrs(cannot slouch abit)5) after sometime it will become really boringpostives:1)improve your confidence2)good experience for first timers3)made new friends 4)sometimes pretty chill depending on the outlet u work at

Pros

free bread

Cons

poor management

Sometimes busy , sometimes boring

During peak hours, you will be extremely busy. But other than that, is very chilled and can be quite boring at times. The staffs there are friendly and outgoing.

A wonderful place for learning

I was looking for a part time job after my national exams while waiting for my results, and they happened to be hiring. Basically during working hours for part time cashiers you stand for the entire day, it is very tiring. The job was actually quite tough for me as its my first time working, i actually wanted to quit on my first month at work, however after the first phase of "wanting to quit" which is the hardest part, i started to enjoy my job which is in fact very ironic as most of the other part timers i have worked with quited very soon. However, in the hectic and busy work place i have learned to find some joy in the bustling lifestyle, working together with my colleagues and learning new things at work. I must say what i have learned the most would be customer service. I was a very timid student and through my time here i have learned to speak up and communicate with my colleagues and handle customers.My manager was a very friendly and understanding supervisor and i really had a wonderful time working with her. I stayed on and worked for quite a long time due to personal reasons, but after becoming more experienced at my job the routinous kind of working style can get a little boring but whenever i get complimented by a customer or when a customer greets me with a thank you i just feel so re-energized and i would feel happy to continue working. I guess its not much but its really the little things that counts. Overall, i had a blast at my first job, met many new people and made a lot of friends. So whoever is reading this because you want to quit, hang in there it will -

Pros

You get to learn ALOT of things

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BreadTalk. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

BreadTalk Reviews by Location