BreadTalk

Singapore39 reviews

Clear
3.0Salary & Benefits

Overall a great experience

A typical day at work as a cashier is pretty busy, carrying out tasks like: cashiering, packing grabfood, cleaning and dealing with customers sometimes. Its a bonus if you're bilingual while cashiering!Pros: Co-workers can be really nice (honestly depends on the outlet), company provides alot of benefits such as free meals from dintaifung during promotion periods and free drinks from toastbox dailyCons: Can be busy at times, dealing nasty customers, have to be really quickConclusion: Every job is never easy and this definitely isn't either. Just try to find joy in the smaller things, so it makes your life easier.

Pros

Staff meals

Cons

Busy peak hours

Fast working nature and you need to learn fast. Good working environment and friendly staffs.

This is fun working environment but fast culture for staff. You have no boring time on duty as you will have to learn new promotions and new products. Anyway as for me I like this company and I work there for 6 years.

Pros

Staff benefits, Proper training, incentive

Cons

Good place to get some work experience.

for the pay and the work needed to do it’s not really worth it. As the cashier you also have to do stock checking, counting and tray cleaning. you may also be asked to help out to pack breads and cut toast. When there is crowd it can be quite busy but when there is no crowd quite relaxed, nothing much to do.

Pros

Staff meal of 2 buns for part timers

Cons

based on the workload given, the pay is a little low.

Too much workload, never ending

Way too much workload, never ending work to do everyday and alot of OT. if never go to work for 1 day, work will pile up mountain high. Hard to go for long holiday as short of manpower. Mostly still need to go office even though wfh is default

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Overwhelming workload, alot of OT, no worklife balance

boring job

negatives:1)pay too low base on the workload given2)poor management (always last min)3)co workers might not be as friendly and patient4)stand for long hrs(cannot slouch abit)5) after sometime it will become really boringpostives:1)improve your confidence2)good experience for first timers3)made new friends 4)sometimes pretty chill depending on the outlet u work at

Pros

free bread

Cons

poor management

Working in the kitchen will remove the stress received by customers

Working in the kitchen will learn lots of kitchen work depending on the tasks you given by the manager or colleagues. I learned how to cook noodles during my time at there when i wasn't required to learn at all as a female. The culture itself really depends on your attitude as well, with good attitude and mental state, you will be able to survive well with good colleagues.

Pros

free lunch, good colleagues, free xlb if working in dtf after working hours

Cons

can be exhausting for those who cannot stand long; may tolerate unreasonable consumers

Fast fast fast !!!

Supervisor and senior staff keep pushing me to work faster even though I am a part-timer and just worked a few days, and I think I already tried my very best to work fast. I had to learn the cashiering on the first day of my work and they did not even give me time to familiarise with the bread and cakes names. They expected me to remember where is the key of the product after telling me once but I do not have Super memory! Their high expectations made my chest pain and I thought I was going to die of heart attack. I quitted as I felt my health is more important than the meagre salary!

Pros

Staff discounts

Cons

Unfriendly colleagues

Fun

Need more room for improvement. Working hours seems long. No ot provided if everyone has hit the limit of ot. I leant many things over here and find that i had developed many skills after working here.

productive and fun work place.

Very productive and very fun work place, a job that you wont get tired because of the continous flow of learning. everyone is a good team players. the manager knows how to handle the staff.

Pros

free food.

Cons

no healthcare

Fun work place

I had learned to be patient in customers. I enjoyed my stay there together with my friends and colleagues. i had learned many things like being independent, enjoy the work even though it's very hard. You must prove to yourself that you can do it. The hardest part of my job is being tired but it's alright because they pay me enough salary for my job. Now I have a self confidence. And that was the important thing now you trust yourself.

Pros

free food

Cons

long hours of working

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BreadTalk. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BreadTalk with

• BreadTalk
  • Salary & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?