Brookfield Properties

Brookfield Properties Employee Reviews

Great Company!

Productive and fun workplace with many opportunities to work as a team. I felt my opinions were always heard and considered, and there was always something new happening each day.

Good Solid REIT

Brookfield Properties is a good, solid REIT and as part of the broader Brookfield world (BAM, BPP, etc), a great place to have a career. Good opportunities throughout the US and opportunities globally, within the broader group.

Great place to work.

I loved working for GGP at the Mall of Louisiana. Overall, a great place to be employed. You meet and greet people of all kinds, every day, while simultaneously completing project tasks discussed in person with management. I mean, it's a mall. Full of culture. Great management support. Maintenance accommodations are galore. Also, don't forget about the growth potential position-wise. I knew a GM who started in housekeeping. So, there you go. It's all about having a positive attitude. Get prepared.I painfully regret leaving employment at this company.

Pros

Benefits, Job stability, Culture, Healthy Environment, Maint. shop, Great management support

Cons

Too many great restaurants around to splurge on when you take your awesome one-hour break, Weight gain if you're not careful, No other cons

Good place

Overall it’s a good company to work with for learning and growth. Only difficulty is Monetary growth is bit slow for lower and middle level employees.

Administrative Assistant

My boss was amazing! Help across the board was great as well. They took all precautions during Covid. I feel the company is better on a corporate side vs. the property side.

Ok place

Was a great learning experience but no room to grow. There was a lot of stressful times when upper management put issues on other staff that had no control over the situations at hand. Pay was worth it.

Management has no consideration for the residents or employees. It’s a very toxic work environment. They pay residents to leave positive reviews.

Simply put there is no life work balance at all. Management created a toxic work environment & will lie to you about almost everything. There’s no training provided.

Supportive and encouraging environment

I found the environment and coworkers to be phenomenal. I was with the company for 4 and a half years. The benefit package is literally amazing. We are talking great health insurance, so much PTO you can barely use it all, paid parental leave, IVF coverages, if you can hope for it, they make it happen! My only complaint and the reason I left was the lack of advancement opportunities unless you're willing to relocate.

Terrible Leadership! No Accountability, Toxic Work Environment

While there are a few people, who are really good at what they do, eager to do a great job, contribute and make a difference, the work environment is toxic and the culture is antiquated! Senior management and leadership only care about hitting the numbers; they are not concerned about fostering a professional, positive and inclusive work environment. This is not the place for young ambitious people or people of color.

Great early day job with nice benefits andclose to home

Brookfield properties is a well developed corporation that supports equality and fairness understanding the importance of all employees health and welfare.Brookfield properties has a wide portfolio of properties and assets on a global scale.The excitement of possibly moving to Hawaii or another place around the globe makes one feel adventurous. I look forward to leaning more about the company and finding the upward mobility that will make me a much more vital asset to the company.

Pros

Pleasant staff

Cons

Still seeking a few more employees

Great Place to Work

Overall I enjoy working for this company because they care about their employees and their well being. I do wish there was a bit more flexibility in working from home but we can’t have it all now can we.

Excellent company to work for .

-workplace culture is based on diversity, ethical behavior, trust, inclusion and always promoting sustainability.-always learning due to company striving to extablish cutting edge philospophies and processes.

Pros

Too many to list, just make sure you get hired and hang on tight.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Working in the field is fun and challenging.

I love how fluid and changing my daily tasks are. I am not sitting in front of a computer locked to reports. I get to meet new people and build relationships.

A complex company, with a future focus.

The future for Brookfield Properties team members is very exciting. The company is complex with many divisions and moving parts allowing for endless growth and advancement; however, experiences vary depending on where you work in the company. In my experience, every day is exciting and different, the people are incredible and the opportunities are endless. It's a great place for anyone who likes to continuously learn and work with/build relationships with new people.

I wouldn't recommend this workplace.

Cons:- Micromanagement - You will be overloaded with work. There are not enough hours in the day to finish it while other people sit around doing nothing.- Staff like to gossip and there are cliques.- No opportunity to advance.

Pros

Staff events

Good people, but I think to the upper up we are just a number

To upper up you are just a number , great people to work with, but pay should be better, leasing makes all of the money, work is not bad, on call is where you are slighted, too much of your time , and not enough pay

Pros

Good vo workers

Cons

Pay, on call

Great Company

The CEO is great. Gives monthly meetings to update on the environment and overall company initiatives and goals. He seems open and honest to his best ability.

Pros

Very flexible with work/life balance

Cons

You will need to relocate

Good place to work, beware of management

I stayed busy working here and there's room to grow. I liked my coworkers and everyone was professional and helpful. One assistant chief engineer was respectful and knew how to talk to people but the chief had a really bad attitude; he was constantly calling employees into his office in front of everyone to chew you out for anything and everything, even if you're doing your job. As long as you can put up with constantly being squeezed every last drop; this is a good place to work and grow. The benefits were fair compared to other companies. Getting off around 5pm in downtown was stressful for my family life.

Pros

Certifications, Experience, Benefits, respectful/professional people to work with

Cons

downtown traffic, little family life balance, most properties have issues with employees not liking their bosses.

Productive and fun place to work

The company has variety and steady work to keep employees very busy. Great place to work that values all employees diverse values. It provides environment that integrates work and family.

Great benefits

This is a great company to work for depending on the location. Management is usually the issue. Some managers are so old and they’ve been in leadership positions for decades. They’re stuck in their ways and refuse to accept that either they need to retire or make changes to the company.

Pros

Good insurance

Cons

Managers

Nepotism and Favortism Reign Supreme

Abhorrent regionals and vp's who used words like "ghetto" and "hood" constantly in describing some of the more challenged properties in their portfolio. In light of the racial injustice that continues to plague the countrymen, Brookfield formed a group called the Brookfield Black Professionals Network that recognized things such as Kwanzaa and black inventors. WTF?!?!??!!? HOW OLD ARE WE???? TWELVE?????? It was thee most patronizing thing ever. HORRIBLE IDEA. They do NOT care about you as a person at all. Brookfield, take a hard look at who you have as your regional directors and their bosses, particularly in the DC/VA area!!! I would never recommend this company to anyone to work, especially as a person of color.

Pros

I enjoyed my job because of the amazing team I worked with on a daily basis.

Cons

Upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brookfield Properties. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Brookfield Properties