Canadian International School

Canadian International School Employee Reviews

Singapore12 reviews
A very homely and warm atmosphere. Dedicated teachers and we had a lot of hard work as well as fun times together. Teachers had ample Professional learning days which was a good opportunity for us to grow and update our skills.
The school provides a challenging environment to teach and learn. Good teachers and a safe multicultural environment for the children to study.
Teachers are supportive and friendly.

Children from multicultural background come to study here.
great place to work at. Fast paced. a lot of nice people. i have learned a lot here. a lot of different cultures. if i didn't need to leave i would have stayed in this company longer.
Canadian International School is definitely a place to work in if you enjoys working with others like a family. The working environment and people are the reason why I stayed till now.
have been in this school for more than 15 years. Great environment and always looking forward. meet international students and get a chance to get to know many cultures and traditions.
I enjoyed each day at the school. It was full of culture and flexibility. It was full of learning and positive experiences for teachers. It benefited me a lot.
Pros
Friendly enviornment
Cons
good place to enjoy teaching jobs.Have more space of create own idea to teach students. nice environment. nice culture of company. good to foreigner teachers.
Pros
high salary
Cons
competitive hard
Routine work with adhoc duties.
Assist homeroom teachers in all admin and teaching needs. Also mark worksheets and home works on behalf of the teachers. Taking care of class discipline and students welfare. Helping students on their needs too.
Nice school to work in. I enjoy working in Canadian International School. The working timing is good. After work wont clash with the peak hour. I like the environment.
Pros
Off peak hours
Cons
Only one bus from my place.
I cannot say anything more except stress, stress and stress. It was very hard working at CIS Singapore. I would be glad if other teachers are also writing some review about this school.
Wonderful international school to teach at. I oversee 14 classes a week ranging from senior kindergarten to High School. Fast pace environment. I teach in Grade 2 alone over 215 students a week.

The most enjoyable part is to bring world music to all of my students.
Pros
Wonderful students
Cons
Short class periods
The Canadian International School is a good paying school however I was working as a trailing spouse. My wife is a school principal /teacher and as a trailing spouse I was lucky to be employed but it was on local wage rates which in Singapore is not high. That aside, the school puts far too much pressure on its staff.

I taught English to ESL 9 - 12 year old children.

This is not my field of expertese but I feel that I aquitted myself well and I've been assured that I would be offered another position should I return to Singapore.
Pros
Working with the other staff members and management
Cons
The stress level among the teaching staff was very high