Cardinal Health

Cardinal Health Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,399 reviews

Work culture

Pros- Friendly work culture- Supportive colleagues- Good work life balance - Convenient work locationCons- Work are sometimes repetitive- Food around work location can be quite pricey.

Positive Environment

Much has changed in the past year. Better work life balance. More appreciation. Wages have gone up again and are starting to be much more competitive.

It's alright sometimes

This place is ok to work but the overtime is ridiculous!! What job u gon have the possibility of working 4 or 5 straight 12hr shifts?? Plus they only care about 1st shift

Poor management

Management makes working at Cardinal Health difficult, I have realized you are better off working somewhere else. It all comes down to one thing, if management likes you or not. You will be overworked and disciplined if they do not like you over the smallest things and reward the people they do like by giving them PTO they request, have them stand around and giggle with them while you are overworked, and give them silly titles i.e promotions.

Pros

Full time

Cons

Overtime

Hard place to work

Your working to help those in need of medical supplies. Management and employees are the worst I have ever worked with. The company needs to upgrade how they want products distributed. Need conveyor systems and a better way to pick items other than using made up carts that you’d use for your home in your garage. Long hours and concrete tire my feet up. Had to go to the foot Dr. Just to be able to walk right again. Also, needs HR representatives onsite, not remote in Ohio. Honestly, need to get a new management team on-site as well. Worst I’ve ever seen and I’m not from Florida.

Okay to start out

Perfect for new grads looking for lab experience. Hours can be long. Management was pretty lenient about time off. But pay could be better since working around potentially dangerous materials

Very Underpaid

For the most part I liked my job even though it was terrible hours. Was fairly easy and the days went by pretty fast. I didn't realize how underpaid I was until after I left.

Good job

It was fun, miss my co workers. I would recommend this job to someone else but after four years it was just time for me to move on and see what else is out there.

Horribly wrong culture

This place was appalling to be involved in. I was there less than 6 months and make an active effort to forget my time in that setting.The leadership team are clearly friends and family members helping one another get jobs and promotions. Formal Education and training be damned. The uneducated are running the show. This plant is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. Current employees couldn't care less if the place closed. And it's justified..

Good and bad

Loved working there. Most of my coworkers were great to work with. Was definitely a very busy work environment. Management had no clue what was going on there or how to even help make things better. After I left there I realized how much anxiety and stress was relieved from not having to go into such a toxic workplace. Since I have have left many new employees have come and gone. New people won’t put up with the work load and low pay.

Production

Management does not care about the employees all they do is sit in there office and watch cameras nights and part timers make more than day shift the pto hours suck and pto sick time sucks as well you don’t know when you will get off the time specifies 8am to 4:30pm management talks to you any kind of way

Pros

No free lunches, They do bring food Trucks when you doing a good job and making the numbers

Cons

Short Breaks, They pay nigh shift and Part Timers more than day shift.

Don’t do it

Ready to find new employment no room to grow, managers don’t know what they are doing, miserable work environment no one is happy there on 2nd shift you never know what time you are getting off work.

Challenging role challenging industry

Work life balance is tough, industry is tough, but culture is good. Company works hard to retain and recruit talent focusing on talent reviews. Benefits are great.

Ohio Based Company

This company supplies medical equipment to major hospitals, which results in a high demand work environment. It offers plenty of perks that are intended to distract employees from the 17+ hour shifts (in one week I worked over 106 hrs), poor management, and zero work life balance. Cardinal only cares if you are able to physically work, the company does not consider the damage their demands have on mental health and family life.

Pros

Cheap Health Care, Fast money, Company Gym

Cons

Excessive mandatory OT, lack of loyalty to employee health, payroll errors

Toxic

People who work here will talk down to you and there's too much favoritism. It Felt like working with middle aged high schoolers. All they do is gossip and leave work for someone else to do it

Best company so far

I am in the phase of leaving CHIP because of the pay but other than that its a great company. I just need higher salaryI hope they can offer me a position with better pay if that will happen i will definitely stay longer

Good

Working in this company very good communication with people work side and no more about company how’s it work and land more.understand what you doing.work with management in your department.

Never the same day twice

Working here for the past 14 years has afforded me ample growth opportunities in a diverse and inclusive environment. Cardinal Health Canada retains talent by encouraging internal and cross-departmental promotions. The most enjoyable part of my job is having a certain degree of autonomy to plan and execute my daily routine as I deem necessary. This allows me to build solid relationships and remain well connected to all my customers.

Pros

Tuition Program, C.A.R.E. committee, competitive medical benefits.

Cons

MBA required for most management level positions.

Productive but stressful

Lots of callouts, typical warehouse position. Management is decent, given that it is a borderline-retail position. The team is great, everybody is a good worker and we try to help each other out when we can. Teammates are supportive of personal goals and understand if you want to move on from the company or the department you currently work in.

Overworked

Long hours, employees are overworked. Quantity over quality and safety. No air-conditioning...summers are dreadfully hot inside warehouse... every one working on top of each other... no work life balance.

Cons

No work life balance. Overworked, under appreciated, not safe place.

It’s a job

Wish it was more of a team setting. Some days it feels like you are on your own and nobody wants to help each other out. It really can be a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardinal Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Cardinal Health