Catalent Pharma Solutions

Catalent Pharma Solutions Employee Reviews

Team spirit

As a newbie with the company, I can say that there is a lot of support from colleagues. Might appear to be some disorganization at times but it’s expected

Worst company I’ve had the displeasure to be associated with.

Hands down is the worst “professional” place I’ve ever encounter. Management is aloof and absolutely no leadership whatsoever.You are essentially their whipping post until they are done with you or throw you under the bus to cover up any mismanaged projects or potentially life threatening events.I cannot believe these people are allowed by law to manufacture pharmaceuticals.Find somewhere else to better use your training and precision time.

Toxic Work Environment

By far the worst work environment I’ve ever experienced. The workers are rude and nasty to new hires. The Union is a joke, they’re only good for collecting Union dues. Save yourself the aggravation.

Pros

Work hours, Monday-Friday off weekends.

Cons

Toxic work environment, rude coworkers

June 16, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience with Catalent. I am sorry to hear about your experience. At Catalent we pride ourselves in continuous improvement for all areas of our business. Your feedback is what will help us to improve our employee experience at all levels.

I wouldn’t go back if they doubled my salary

If you like working for hours on end, being poorly compensated, yelled at, and just in general unappreciated then this is the place for you!Most of the people that work here look like zombies to me. The life has been completely sucked out of them and they are withering away. The people that have been there for years are incredibly toxic and they bend the rules how they want, but reprimand others. I wouldn’t work here. I haven’t met anyone who has worked at Catalent Pharma in Morrisville specifically and has anything good to say about it. I can’t speak for the other sites, but I do know this site is at the bottom of the group. There are a select few that adapt to the culture and I assume enjoy it! If you have any issue with how things are ran the manager would just fire you. They’d rather run the company into the ground than make changes.

June 16, 2022

Great pay and benefits with a middle school culture.

If you like to gossip and underperform while making great pay and getting good benefits, this is the place for you. If you want to walk in complaining about everyone and everything while doing nothing to actually change things, please apply, you'll fit right in. If you don't like those things, keep a stiff upper lip while you bide your time to find a workplace with an actual professional culture.

June 16, 2022

Started out good has changed the last few days!

There is not a lot of work to do so a lot of down time most nights. Supervisors play favorites when it comes to promotions. New Schedule of 4 12 hour shifts one week and 3 the next doesn't work for most employees but hey why do they care. Overstaffed for the amount of work going on day to day. Morale is at an all time low with employees leaving.

Decent job.

No real plans for next month. Everything is day to day. Totally dysfunctional. Production dictate the engineering agenda. So the lunatics have taken over the asylum. Even when the 'managers' decide its usually the wrong thing in the long term ,just the best thing for today.

Training is nonexistent

Constantly being asked and told to do jobs I have never been trained to do. Leads get frustrated when you don’t know how to do something that they have never trained you on.

May 27, 2022

Management rides on the backs of teams

Great pay, pretty decent environment. Only problem is manufacturing management would not make changes that would actually get work done more efficiently and improve morale because they knew the team leads and operators would just work twice as hard to get the work done the way things were. Supervisors and managers in DS and DP basically get paid twice as much as team leads to do nothing and take credit for their work. The only supervisors who were good were the team leads that got promoted to supervisor, but for some reason managers refused to promote internally and kept hiring externally so we had useless supervisors without any relevant manufacturing experience (I know two team leads in DS and DP who were unfairly denied promotion to supervisor). I think it was because their managers didn’t want the competition of having a supervisor who was more competent than them! But for the amount of pay (22+/hr for operators) most people can just grit their teeth and ignore management. Overall, good workplace compared to many in Bloomington. We usually had lots of breaks and a pretty long lunch, at least in manufacturing.

Pros

Pay, generally respectful coworkers

Cons

Most managers and supervisors unhelpful and stifle your upward movement

May 27, 2022

Expanded too fast.

When I started we had almost 800 people. Now there are almost 4,000 total. Managers went from a few employees to 2x or 3x the number. Working environment went WAY down hill.

Pros

Decent pay for area.

Cons

Serious expansion pains. Mainly in management.

Decent place to work

Been working here for 4 months now and it's not bad. Four day work weeks are great and the starting pay is pretty decent. Always a chance to make more if you do OT. If you aren't a temp hire benefits are great. Growth within the company is nice because people aren't just promoted for being a teachers pet, anyone can apply to the position once it's open so moving up is in your hands here somewhat. This company is big so always chances to move up. Job security is ify given the amount of people they've hired in a short amount of time. Due to all the hires lack of training is an issue. Covid has made the ordering of supplies very hard so a lot of down time is had which will result in you standing around doing nothing for 10 hours. Some of management is good but you also have some who are underqualified for the position but due to such rapid expand they hire whoever they can. My biggest issue though is the lack of access to water... We can only drink water in designated areas but then get in trouble if we leave the areas we are assigned to go drink water. Workplace culture is fine. Kind of gives a highschool vibe if I'm being honest. Very clicky but they hire all kinds of people so it's easy to find people to fit in with.

Accidents are accidents

This company makes a lot of money off your hard work. So it would make sense that if you messed up and cost them a lot of money, that you would be promoted to civilian, but they truly understand that mistakes happen and that everyone can learn from them. The give you the time you need to learn and refine your skills despite the possible setbacks it may cause them along the way. You are an investment to them and they are in it for the long run.

Pros

On site Cafeteria.

Cons

Breaks are not like clockwork.

Ótimo lugar para trabalhar

Uma empresa ótima para trabalhar ,dá oportunidade de crescimento e apoia ,ótimos convênios e benefícios.

Excellent place for advancement Opportunities

Diversity and Inclusion is a major focus and all employees matter at this company. Most employees and Managers are excellent to work with. This is a great place for people who enjoy a progressive workplace that is community focused.

Great Opportunities

Growth in this industry is high which gives a lot of opportunities for advancement. Great benefits. Culture is evolving and moving towards technology. Great emphasis on environment, diversity and inclusion.

May 6, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience with Catalent. I am glad to hear your experience has been a positive one. At Catalent we are continually seeking to improve our employee experience and your feedback will make a difference as we continue on this journey.

Ok if it’s your thing

A lot to learn in a small amount of time ,very clicky ,ok in you are in with with them all .a lot of pressure put on you .long hours ,along with long breaks !

Pros

Good induction

Cons

Expect to learn quickly

Pleasant environment, great benefits

The work environment is well kept and it's good for learning new skills. Benefits are top tier. Pay is non competitive and management is slow to implement changes or adjust to demand. Business was slow and this trickled down to affect all employees.

Great co workers

Good job for the pay. 12 hour shifts are nice. Many days off. Could improve on management and organization. Many people have worked here 20plus years

April 29, 2022

Les opportunité d'évoluer

95% dû personnelle sont comme une famille entre-eux

Pros

Facilité à apprendre

Cons

Quel que personne ne mérite pas d'être là

Overstaffed

They hired too many people during warp speed and then try to just fire people for no reason, They allow room leads to delegate all the work, They just promote their friends

Pros

Weekend a.m. shift Was able to have four days off in a row

Cons

Lack of parking on site, point system, attendance with no window when they know they have no parking and their turn styles are broken

April 29, 2022

Empresa , boa mais mau gerida

A empresa vem piorado drásticamente com a atual gestão, já existia o problema de promoção agora estão cortando de forma sistemática todos os benefícios

Pros

Convênio, trasporte, refeição no local

Cons

Sem chance de promoção, má gestão

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catalent Pharma Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Catalent Pharma Solutions
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?