Caterpillar

Caterpillar Employee Reviews

Happy and Productive Workplace
Felt like second home to me. Company strive to continuously make improvement. Management supportive of ideas from staff. Rewards and recognition given in due course for employees who made significant progress. Safety culture is very strong that made one feel safe at work.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Good Management team
Cons
Nothing significant
Fun and dynamic workplace
Great work culture, very supportive colleagues, have a lot of interest clubs for employee during lunch time, very good medical benefit which cover employee and family member as well.
Good Company to work in
Good place to work, a lot of opportunities to learn and grow, world-class process, policies and guidelines to learn, smart people to work with, can change jobs internally with career progression
Inclusive work environment
Inclusive work environment, and diversified place to work in. Get to work with multi cultural employees from across the world. Leadership has an open door policy which helps employees with their open coaching methods.
Great work culture
Job is pretty much of routine.
Emphasis a lot on work life balance.

A very good IT supporting team is backing us for any problems arise.

Staff stick strictly to the codes of conduct.
Pros
Cheap Breakfast and Lunches
Cons
Cost cutting due to the Economic Downturn
Highly Structured
Highly structured environment with strong background in manufacturing.
Results based organization with strong focus on safety and setting industrial benchmarks on Quality.
Good workplace
Good environment with nice supervisors. Well defined controls and procedures to adhere to. Welcome suggestions and advice. Open minded management
Pros
Good location
Cons
Na
Good organization
Strong on Diversity and Inclusion
Values based company

Good job rotation opportunities

Good leadership

Advancement and development

Great culture
Cons
Travel time
Great company until lately
It is always said that a company is only great because of it's leadership in the management team. It was a great place to work in but over time, changes in management team had lead to many displeasure and moral issues within the work force.
There is an urgent need for this company to return to greatness, not in it's lip services and quote of the company value repeatedly but in actionable strategies and setting target for the middle to higher management to perform. A company wide overhaul of the management and its managers performance in their portfolios is overdue. Policies and processes are sound and robust in this company but constant override and mishandling cascade into chaos in those front line and ground employees.
Proud to be part of Caterpillar dealership company.
Being a part of Caterpillar dealership company, it really gives me a lot of experience and knowledge that no single person can ever take that to me. We start the day with toolbox safety meeting and suggestion for improvements of our job. Usually I work on the shipyard and overseas or offshore where there is need around the world. About my co worker they were all great. There's no such discrimination or racist to us. I really love this overhauling jobs from the time of dismantling of engine up to hear the sound of cranking the engines and load test. It really gives me pleasure and achievement that something feeling that me and the engine itself can communicate. Well the hardest part of the job is that when you don't have enough and proper tools and do the biggest Caterpillar engines the C280.....The most enjoyable of this is that when job
finished and we met customer satisfaction by my work....That's Achievement and Experienced meeting different people and bosses.
Pros
so many overtime
Cons
its not a cons but due to oil price fluctuation and getting low.
Innovative and a workplace to learn
In my 5 years of working in Caterpillar, I gained a lot of knowledge and experience. I grew from a normal associate to team leader with mentors from black belt guiding and developing me in many skills. The company also had given me the opportunity to show and prove my capability to lead and groom my team which in result achieving the best pick and kit team.
Pros
internal canteen with 50% discount for employees
Cons
Very little OT
Large MNC with different divisions
Career progression is usually very gradual. Colleagues are mostly collegial and supportive. Different divisons may have their own practices.
Great Place to work
Great place to work with great people around. I report to a great Manager who guide me along the way during my service in the company.

Given opportunity to learn and grow.

Too sad need to leave as we not able to sustain the business for one of the big customer
good company to improve skill and experiences.
Learned and attended the course for Caterpillar Production System (CPS),5S, 6 sigma and Caterpillar Code of Conduct.
Nice work life balance
It was overall a nice experience with getting to interact with new people practically everyday. The best part of the job was when I was conducting the training sessions and the travelers would have so many questions that I had to answer. Though it was something that I enjoyed there were challenges specially when I has to help in setting up a new company in Australia with regards to the accounting side of it. The job was made more pleasant with the help of my manager and colleagues who were always ready to help out.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
limited career growth
Global leaders in re manufacturing Technologies
Caterpillar is great company to work with . most of the skills and technology i have learned from caterpillar.

Caterpillar one of the largest company promoting reman .
Pros
People focused company
Cons
Local leadership
good facility
8.00 am to 16.30 pm for shop floor (production) people
8.00 am to 17.00 pm for office work

Good working hours and week day only
Pros
50% company pay for lunch(company' cafe)
Good work-life balance for contract
Perm staff work long hours to close the deal but contract staff is not expected to do so. Contract staff can be terminated anytime, trade off for job security
Pros
some benefits given for contract staff
Cons
not central