Cathay Cineplexes

Cathay Cineplexes Employee Reviews

Singapore29 reviews
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Team Player

- Honesty as it involved money.

- Fast paced and handle complaints faster.

- Serving food to customer and upselling items.
Was there as an intern. Managers taught me. All i have to do is listened carefully and be attentive as always. Environmentally friendly and everyone is always cheerful.
I will usually be station at the food concession area. and serve foods to the customer. The management was okay although some of the managers were being biased and showed favouritism,
it's fun when you get to work and get along with others, its easy to learn how to do ticketing and promote to the customer about the promotion that they have
The most enjoyable part of this job is when we know that the customer is happy with their purchase and that, they have a good time in the movie. If unsure, please seek help from the managers!
My day at work would I say its usual. A fast-paced environment, the team I am with were all approachable and easy to work with. I have learned to be more flexible with my job and task. And the best part is the fulfilment if you have done the task that was given to you.
Honestly, it's fun working in Cathay Cineplex. It has taught me to be responsible for my own float(money), handling customer complains and builds up my confidence as the staff there. It also brings me joy whenever I see the smile from the customer's face whenever they are satisfied or solve their problems. Overall, the staffs in Cathay is super fun and joyful and the environment is eco-friendly.
the shift work allows you to earn extra income and study as managers tend to understand if one cannot work due to school/assignments. but not great for full timers as the shift hours do not provide work life balance.
Pros
high pay
Cons
minimal staff benefits
My position as Assistant Operation Manager in Cathay Cineplex involves in overall in-charge of 2 cinema outlets. That include to meet sale targets monthly, P&L management, recruitment, leading a management team, overseeing corporate event held in the outlet. Planning working schedule, coaching and training of management staffs and ground staffs. Stock Inventory, obtain various license, Food Audits, programming planning, cash management, crowd management as well as repair and maintenance. By working collaboratively with management and staffs, I have developed my skill in planning, goal setting and training.
Pros
Free Movie
Cons
Midnight Shift
Good for boosting your morale, learning, and application of business knowledge. A wide platform for knowledge contributions, good customer service and balance between life and work.
I had very enjoyable colleagues and supportive managers that would always guide me when needed. The working environment was very cheerful and I really loved how we worked as a team every single day.
Pros
Free flow of drinks
Cons
The working environment was fun to work at especially with great colleagues to work alongside. Not once was there a moment that I was left with nothing to do, which is in my perspective, fun.
Interacting with differing kinds of people from all walks of life, and being able to attend to their needs and meet their expectations was greatly satisfying. Although, there will be times where I'll be positioned to be in a tough spot that required one's utmost understanding and patience to see it through, however, those times usually don't last. Cathay is an accommodating cineplex indeed. They'll consistently try their utmost best to ensure the customers leaves the cineplex with a smile on their face.

Thus, enhancing the joy in the atmosphere, allowing us to carry out our job further with a smile on our faces.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Work under a pressurizing fast paced environment with high expectations
It a quite fun place to work,good colleagues,nice manager and the work environment is good.
Colleagues will help u when u need some helps, they all are good people.
Pros
Free meal, short working hours
As a part timer in cathay i feel that its fun and east to work here only that the way they treat their staff is not balance. For example new staff they will push them until they get all the promotions right and etc.
Pros
Short breaks
Cons
Free flexible hours
I have found the company has a lot potentials when it comes to career growth but there was not much of the job securtiy. It was a challenging environment and fast paced type of job. Overall its fun to work.
Pros
Bonus and 13th month pay with increased annual leave
Cons
Long Hours
the management are alittle bad but overall still able to manage .. the pay is quite high. the working area are fun. they have friendly workers and its good working with them
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad management
Long Hours, Shift Work, Challenging Working Environment,
Handling Multiple Job Roles

But fun working environment with similar minded colleagues and friends.
Pros
Learn different job roles
Good Employer - Employee Relations
Open door policy, where there is no definite line between the employer and the employee, everyone is open to teach or share about their working experience.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
I learnt a lot from there .
It will be a imense pleasure if I would get a chance again to work there in future.

All staff was cooperative .

It has good working environment.
Pros
All benefits were provided
Cons
Time bound and fixed working hours
Such an upbeat environment . Workers are able to communicate well together and deliver excellent service to the customers . Rules are a bit uptight for workers to fulfil .
definitely want to go back there and work, however part timer work through agents, and the agent sucked. dropped our pay hence I quit
Pros
great manager, lunch provided
Cons
nasty customers