Cathay Cineplexes

Cathay Cineplexes Employee Reviews

fun place

You will get to learn the operations of working in a cinema , it can look a lot complicated after knowing how service jobs are like. You will start to gain new respect to frontline jobs.

productive and fast paced work

i like working when it gets busy because there are more things to do. salary wise was reasonable. management was not toxic for part timers. afew cons abt the place is u’re not allowed to wear jacket or don ur hijab. i would like them to be more diversed and open to suggestions. other than that the workload is fine.

Excellent Job for Part Timers

The job is easy. Serve customers. OJT hence you gotta be really attentive and focused when seniors are showing you certain stuff. If you get it , then everyday you just gotta put in the hours to get $$$

Pros

Free Comp pass after working certain hours

Cons

Can be boring if there is no crowd

Fun Workplace

- Customer Service Oriented.- Team Player- Honesty as it involved money.- Fast paced and handle complaints faster.- Serving food to customer and upselling items.

Excellent

Was there as an intern. Managers taught me. All i have to do is listened carefully and be attentive as always. Environmentally friendly and everyone is always cheerful.

I will usually be station at the food concession area. and serve foods to the customer. The management was okay although some of the managers were being biased and showed favouritism,

Fun and productive

it's fun when you get to work and get along with others, its easy to learn how to do ticketing and promote to the customer about the promotion that they have

Good working enviroment

The most enjoyable part of this job is when we know that the customer is happy with their purchase and that, they have a good time in the movie. If unsure, please seek help from the managers!

Balance life and work

My day at work would I say its usual. A fast-paced environment, the team I am with were all approachable and easy to work with. I have learned to be more flexible with my job and task. And the best part is the fulfilment if you have done the task that was given to you.

Manageable

Honestly, it's fun working in Cathay Cineplex. It has taught me to be responsible for my own float(money), handling customer complains and builds up my confidence as the staff there. It also brings me joy whenever I see the smile from the customer's face whenever they are satisfied or solve their problems. Overall, the staffs in Cathay is super fun and joyful and the environment is eco-friendly.

Great environment for part timers

the shift work allows you to earn extra income and study as managers tend to understand if one cannot work due to school/assignments. but not great for full timers as the shift hours do not provide work life balance.

Pros

high pay

Cons

minimal staff benefits

Fun Working Place

My position as Assistant Operation Manager in Cathay Cineplex involves in overall in-charge of 2 cinema outlets. That include to meet sale targets monthly, P&L management, recruitment, leading a management team, overseeing corporate event held in the outlet. Planning working schedule, coaching and training of management staffs and ground staffs. Stock Inventory, obtain various license, Food Audits, programming planning, cash management, crowd management as well as repair and maintenance. By working collaboratively with management and staffs, I have developed my skill in planning, goal setting and training.

Pros

Free Movie

Cons

Midnight Shift

its a happy and productive place

Good for boosting your morale, learning, and application of business knowledge. A wide platform for knowledge contributions, good customer service and balance between life and work.

Fun workplace

I had very enjoyable colleagues and supportive managers that would always guide me when needed. The working environment was very cheerful and I really loved how we worked as a team every single day.

Pros

Free flow of drinks

Fun and Productive

The working environment was fun to work at especially with great colleagues to work alongside. Not once was there a moment that I was left with nothing to do, which is in my perspective, fun. Interacting with differing kinds of people from all walks of life, and being able to attend to their needs and meet their expectations was greatly satisfying. Although, there will be times where I'll be positioned to be in a tough spot that required one's utmost understanding and patience to see it through, however, those times usually don't last. Cathay is an accommodating cineplex indeed. They'll consistently try their utmost best to ensure the customers leaves the cineplex with a smile on their face. Thus, enhancing the joy in the atmosphere, allowing us to carry out our job further with a smile on our faces.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Work under a pressurizing fast paced environment with high expectations

Fun workplace

It a quite fun place to work,good colleagues,nice manager and the work environment is good. Colleagues will help u when u need some helps, they all are good people.

Pros

Free meal, short working hours

Operation audit and opportunity to work for subsidary company

Learn a lot about operation audit and accounting. Payroll and Full set of accounts. Supportive superior and co-colleagues. All worked as big family and I enjoyed working for this hotel.

Pros

Lunch provided and staff benefit.

Easy going work

As a part timer in cathay i feel that its fun and east to work here only that the way they treat their staff is not balance. For example new staff they will push them until they get all the promotions right and etc.

Pros

Short breaks

Cons

Free flexible hours

I have found the company has a lot potentials when it comes to career growth but there was not much of the job securtiy. It was a challenging environment and fast paced type of job. Overall its fun to work.

Pros

Bonus and 13th month pay with increased annual leave

Cons

Long Hours

stress environment

the management are alittle bad but overall still able to manage .. the pay is quite high. the working area are fun. they have friendly workers and its good working with them

Pros

good pay

Cons

bad management

Fun Work Place

Long Hours, Shift Work, Challenging Working Environment, Handling Multiple Job Roles But fun working environment with similar minded colleagues and friends.

Pros

Learn different job roles

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cathay Cineplexes. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Cathay Cineplexes with