Cathay Cineplexes

Cathay Cineplexes Employee Reviews in Ang Mo Kio

Ang Mo Kio3 reviews

Manageable

Honestly, it's fun working in Cathay Cineplex. It has taught me to be responsible for my own float(money), handling customer complains and builds up my confidence as the staff there. It also brings me joy whenever I see the smile from the customer's face whenever they are satisfied or solve their problems. Overall, the staffs in Cathay is super fun and joyful and the environment is eco-friendly.

Easy going work

As a part timer in cathay i feel that its fun and east to work here only that the way they treat their staff is not balance. For example new staff they will push them until they get all the promotions right and etc.

Pros

Short breaks

Cons

Free flexible hours

Working in a cinema is hectic

A day at work would include popping of popcorns, topping up the cups and lids, assisting customer feedbacks and complaints. I have learned to be more patient with Singaporeans, empathize with them. I have learned how to do Barco, GDC servers in operating a cinema projector and also it's cinema operations. The management is ok, SOP's are in place but you will have to learn to play it by ear. Co workers are fantastic, as a team you can know that your handwork is not wasted. The Hardest part of my job is when I do closing like from 8pm till 5am then following day is off day then I would do opening from 8am-8pm, the transition is hard. The most enjoyable part is you get to watch movies ahead of the viewing public as you need to test/quality assurance it first.

Pros

New movies every week!

Cons

Very taxing on the body.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cathay Cineplexes. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Cathay Cineplexes with