Cathay Cineplexes

Cathay Cineplexes Management reviews

Singapore33 reviews

Clear

productive and fast paced work

i like working when it gets busy because there are more things to do. salary wise was reasonable. management was not toxic for part timers. afew cons abt the place is u’re not allowed to wear jacket or don ur hijab. i would like them to be more diversed and open to suggestions. other than that the workload is fine.

I will usually be station at the food concession area. and serve foods to the customer. The management was okay although some of the managers were being biased and showed favouritism,

Fun Working Place

My position as Assistant Operation Manager in Cathay Cineplex involves in overall in-charge of 2 cinema outlets. That include to meet sale targets monthly, P&L management, recruitment, leading a management team, overseeing corporate event held in the outlet. Planning working schedule, coaching and training of management staffs and ground staffs. Stock Inventory, obtain various license, Food Audits, programming planning, cash management, crowd management as well as repair and maintenance. By working collaboratively with management and staffs, I have developed my skill in planning, goal setting and training.

Pros

Free Movie

Cons

Midnight Shift

stress environment

the management are alittle bad but overall still able to manage .. the pay is quite high. the working area are fun. they have friendly workers and its good working with them

Pros

good pay

Cons

bad management

Busy yet Dynamic Work Experience

It was a total unexpected type of job because it really does require you to have huge amount of patience, determination and passion to survive. I learned how to deal with time management, how to work effectively with my colleagues of different nationalities and lot more. I think the hardest part of my previous job is to be flexible in terms of doing a different jobs in the different outlets of the same department mostly at the same time (multitasking). The most enjoyable part of the job is the diversity of culture, getting a fair share or the annual bonus and profit share on top of our monthly salary.

Pros

Free medical benefits, Free transport for late shifts, Free duty meal

Cons

Long work hours (doing overtime)

Fun workplace

Serving customers non-stop Learnt managing different type of customers Management is always there to help Co-workers are fun Hardest part is handling difficult customers Enjoyable part is being praised by customers for your service

productive and fun workplace in this industry

Its fun to work in this industry.Eventhough its long hours of work. The management provides good benefits and exact salary. I learned how to improved my self by communicating in deffirent nationalities.

Pros

free transfortation.and free meal

Cons

Great company to work in.

1. Assists in the proper training of all new employees ensuring their awareness and compliance to company standards, policies, rules and regulations and work procedures. 2. Leads staff during shift to achieve the highest level of customer service. 3. Achieves quality of service depending on shift assignment. 4. Supervises opening and closing procedures. 5. Ensures implementation of operational systems and procedures such as cash and security control, kitchen management, crisis management, customer service, etc. 6. Monitors and sees to it that the corporate trademarks (signboards, streamers and uniforms) are standard and well maintained. 7. Assist in the process of hiring, training and managing of new employees. 8. Responsible for efficient completion of all assigned shift administrative duties. 9. Ensure quick response to daily inquiries. 10. Track the time of arrival and departure so as to prepare, maintain and submit the records of individuals within the outlet regarding their duty hours. 11. Track office supply inventory. 12. Maintain and retained the highest level of food and cleanliness quality standards. 13. Ensures accuracy of month-end inventory conducted in the store. 14. Ensures depleted supplies are replenished by means of raising stock requisition.

Pros

entertaining environment, free movies

Cons

6 Working Days per week

Working in a cinema is hectic

A day at work would include popping of popcorns, topping up the cups and lids, assisting customer feedbacks and complaints. I have learned to be more patient with Singaporeans, empathize with them. I have learned how to do Barco, GDC servers in operating a cinema projector and also it's cinema operations. The management is ok, SOP's are in place but you will have to learn to play it by ear. Co workers are fantastic, as a team you can know that your handwork is not wasted. The Hardest part of my job is when I do closing like from 8pm till 5am then following day is off day then I would do opening from 8am-8pm, the transition is hard. The most enjoyable part is you get to watch movies ahead of the viewing public as you need to test/quality assurance it first.

Pros

New movies every week!

Cons

Very taxing on the body.

Bring in a group of 17 Rooms for 8 weeks stay. Enjoy meeting up with all the clients from Arabs.

1) Listen to the need of the client’s & offer the most suitable rooms and meeting space that are of value to the clients and most important close the deal for the Hotel. 2) The fact that my integrity will be compromised under the current management directives. The hotel's business focus is rather short term and I'd much rather work for a company that would value my business resources. 3) Beside the fact that I include in 1 & 2, there wasn't any support from the managment.

Cons

10 hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cathay Cineplexes. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Cathay Cineplexes
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?