Celestica

Celestica Employee Reviews

Singapore20 reviews
You will be immersed in a fast paced manufacturing environment. You will be involved in the day to day operations of the facility and will be in charge of the upkeep of the different production equipment.
Running production lines, learn management skills, good workplace culture, less politics.
Hardest part of work is dealing with customers.

Most enjoy with staff.
I have learned a lot regarding my technical skills in this company. From building HP servers from scratch up to configuration of the servers according to customer's specifications.
Learning in my position is continues since every time there is a new product it is a must to know all the parts and components of the products as well as the CLI commands that needs to be use during troubleshooting. The configuration of the servers also varies according to the customer's needs.
Chase after schedule, shipment delivery, credit note claim and process credit note. deal with both supplier and Customer.

Weekly management meeting and night calls to deal with supplier and customer.
Pros
Learn but don't stay more then 2 yrs
Cons
Alot of gray areas and adhoc activities.
• Sustained and maintained highly automated, high-volume production lines which consist of Programmable Logic Control (PLC), vision, server motor and robot.
• Assisted Engineer to achieve target: uptime, yield and quality.

• Performed machine maintenance, troubleshooting and machine fault analysis.

• Spare part servicing and stock check for preventive maintenance.
Pros
understand the machine design and operation
Cons
working in night only
A good learning & developement place for junior to middle management employees. Employees need to & will learn to work fast & efficient to meet customer's demand.
Pros
Good learning place.
Cons
long hours & need quick response
• Support the running of production in the module and ensure equipment readiness and worthiness for production
• Maintain automated lines to ensure production output is achieved with minimum downtime.

• Dismantle, adjust, and assemble /set up equipment for product conversion.

• Use equipment checklist to perform Maintenance and operation readiness.

• Maintain good housekeeping in production area, ensuring good safety practice and also safe custody of tools, equipment and other properties belonging to the module.
Lots of meeting to attend to track the progress of ongoing programs but always fruitful day having new knowledge, skills and lessons from the outcome when overcome the various challenges. Great company with culture which encourage people to people engagement at various levels and everyone believes strongly in the value of the company.
Pros
Great colleagues and people
Cons
long hours for Asians dealing with North America colleagues and clients
It is a good place to learn and develop skills.There are various sites worldwide , hence cross-cultural communication skills are important to achieve the goal as a group.
Low salary. Selfish management. Only bother and care about themself to survive. Your hardwork will never get notice by management. Management only use it climb higher themself
It is a firm and stable company. The company has many senior employees whereby they had established a working system to work things out. Some peoples might find it difficult to adapt but some peoples just follow. It depends on each person whether the way could be accepted or not.
Pros
Good benefit as its follows the standard of MNC
Cons
Working hours not fix, many times need to stay late
Work Locations determined and agreed during interview were not kept to. Changes to work location were made after joining the company for 3 weeks.

Team work need to be emphasized.
Overall Celestica is an enjoyable place to work in.
A company which emphasize on system, IT savvy.

I have learned to be cultural sensitive as communicate frequently with Thailand counter part

Colleagues are friendly and helpful.
job which require zero or no experience as everything will be taught.daily job scope is mostly on troubleshooting servers.
Pros
cheap canteen food
Cons
canteen food dont taste good
On a typical day at work, colleagues are very warm and cooperative. I have learned to enjoy the company of surrounding colleagues. Middle level management have little politics as compared to higher management.
Pros
Reporting to Corporate level
Cons
Inflexible hours
I just resign my work from this company because less salary.My work time is more than 12hrs.Its difficult to take transport and also didnt get allownce.
3/4 days work week with 3/4 off days... it's not a bad job to have... you can meet alot of different people... the only problem you will face is the strictness the company have with lateness and the politics between supervisors...
Pros
Long off days
Cons
During work I encounter some minor machine problem but there is a time I also encounter major problem such as replacing the motor pump. In this company I learned how to troubleshoot using the PLC program. The management is approachable. The hardest part was when I just new in the workplace since I have to learn new things such as changing the spoilt sensor and do some finetuning. The enjoyable part of my jobs when I partner routinely with other senior because I have the chance to know them personally and got some idea in dealing with the machine trouble.
Plan and commit production schedules according to customers’ requirements and machines’ capacity. & create work order to production.
Closed daily PGI & billing.

I have learned the important of teamwork.

With the help of college, work have been done perfectly, and enjoyable. We help each other out to complete our task that were given to us.

The hardest part of my job might be different. When the customer ask for shipment, sometime, shipment failed.

Achieve the revenue.
Pros
good company
Cons
na