Certis Cisco

Certis Cisco Employee Reviews for Security Officer

Security Officer58 reviews
Singapore58 reviews
Average
Advantage of meeting alot of people from other country amd lerning different language from them. Making friend from different department and make bonding with colleague from different department .
No integrity working company
A bad experience working with cisco. Breach of contract. HR recruiter will Sweet talk you into signing the contract. Once done, whatever they say during the interview wont come true. Etc, promise 2 day shift and 2 night shift. In the end had to work 12 hours night shift for a full year. Salary always shortage. Have to chase HR everytime and they will only reimburse the following month.
Very stressful and I have learned how to handle with the passengers.and how to manage time properly.The staff there are less friendly.Punctuality and discipline are very important here.
Pros
Cons
Contract based
Job outside your comfort zone
Security officer have a chair right? We'll, not in Certis Certis. You will have to stand all day long, beg for a break and hope time pass fast. But none of this will work. You work 12 hours, have 2 hours break, but your legs beg for a rest, your toilet break also no one to replace and most importantly, time pass slow. The management is terrible, there's everyday reduction of people, in the end it's became a 1 man show. Resignation is the worst, make sure you have enough money in your bank, your salary may bank in next month.
Security
Conduct security checks on passengers and hand-carry baggage in Singapore Changi Airport.Team player focused in promoting a safe environment for both staff and customers. Trained as a health and safety rep in the workplace. I enjoyed being proactive in the workplace.
Pros
inside airport air condition
Na
12 hours work. Depend on flights, sometime no time for meal due to security screening on passengers from several back to back flights.
Working at Arrival and Departure Halls, have to stand 2 hours with one hour break that mean 8 hours stand and 4 hours rest. A lot of walking is needed at Arrival halls.
Comfortable and relaxing workplace
Need to handle annoying passenger and act in front of dislike colleague.
Learn how to lead team and independent.Supervisor look after the person who she like.Air-con environment,need co-operate with different races.

Hardest part is need to act happy when facing the colleague that u dislike.

This job is relaxing and u will feel lazy and no useful skill for ur future career path.
Pros
mcd voucher at festive season
Cons
11 hours working, if ot also need work 11 hours
Im happy in work place
I need to find new job because my job is 15hours i need to spend in my work place, my basic is very low $990.00 only, its dificult for me to apply housing loan
Work Enviroment would healthy it there less discrimination
I enjoyed working in Certis Cisco, airport environment is the most lively and enthusiastic place to work. However i will not recommend Certis Cisco. Cause of their payment. And the floor management politics.
Staff discounts and privileges in using the airport facilities
Initially when I started working with Certis Cisco I enjoyed working at the airport because I could mingle with passengers and staff of the airport security without the stress of restricting myself on where I can go and I cannot go.
Then in the year 2018 Certis Cisco was tasked by Changi Airport Group to refrain staff from using the passenger rest areas and to direct staff to the staff lounge . That is one area which I dislike as I preferred the freedom of using the passenger areas as the chairs are more comfortable and spacious unlike the staff lounge where most of staff are

noisy or nosey over the things other staff are doing during my rest time.

After that when they posted me to control tower I felt my movements being controlled and restricted and I cannot move away even when I wish

for a few minutes of toilet break. I had to ask for an officer to relief me before I can go for my toilet break . That is the stress of it all.
Ok
Long hours and short break. Force to do ot. No welfare taken care of. Poor management. No appreciation given to staff. Always cut off pay with approved MC by Doctors
I would recommend Youths.
It was Adventures Job since you conduct security In Singapore Changi Airport.Nothing beats Their security level importances. I've learn that Security is really important among us.
Long hours & very low salary
Too long working hours per week 5 work day total 56 hours & only 1 off day. Too tiring & not enough rest. Often back to back deployment, too many flights.
Pros
Get to meet some very good people/colleagues.
Cons
Long working hours, very low salary compared with outside.
Ensuring passenger safe to arrival and well groming at work place
Role of the certis cisco job scope is to ensure passenger safe and airport staff.it's also our responsibility to protect life and property of changi airport as a aviation screening officer I have to show my responsibility during enter the airside staff entry.
Nice place to work at
Nice environment to be worked at and also friendly staff.. Even need to be strict comes to working environment yet still can be adjustable with co-workers
Pros
Cons
Stressful yet comfortable
productive
The 12 hours job require to be diligent and focus 100% on duties. I have learned how to be productive and upgrade from the job we do.
The jobs need physically fit and mentally stable people to handle people, life and properties.The responsible towards the job is very high.
Pros
overtime
Challenging but tiring job
Long hours shift work..

Need more advancement training after certain period of time.. instead of just normal routine job.. if possible can provide more upgrading programme on individuals..
Fun workplace because of the people around
Everyday you will have to screen passengers who came from all over the world who is going to depart from Singapore.
I learn more about how to handle different type of people everyday. And i enjoyed working here because of the people here.
Pros
Break more than 1 time sometimes
Cons
They didn't deliver what they promised and in the end, I got to pay the price for their broken promise. Got terminated and have to pay the bonus + one month basic salary
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Long hours, didn't deliver what they promised & rude colleagues & ICs
Nice working place
' 12 hours a day.
. Learn how to be more alert and vigilant. Lots of training for upgrade

of security in airport

. Friendly management

. Wonderful get to meet alot of people from all over the world

. Long hours of working and alot of intrusion

. Customer service
Pros
Rewards
Cons
is depending upon the team members.
It is a tiring , pressurize as there will be live intrusion exercises in the gate by either internal or airport police department everyday and at any moment.
Pros
Nil
Cons
It is 12 hrs job duty.