Certis Cisco

Certis Cisco Employee Reviews for Security Officer

Security Officer62 reviews
Singapore62 reviews
You have to work very hard and keep up your peace awhile your co woeker back stab you and criticism you
Nepotism is there you have to keep running til die
The immediate supervisor needs to go for supervisory course, I notice their handling of subordinate not professional , very blunt. Supervisor should have gone down to the floor and see how their subordinates working style. Are they doing their job professionally. During my time, notice a lot of officer pretty lazy. Only very hardworking in front of Flight Sup.
Pros
Air con environment, very comfortable
Cons
No family life because of long hrs and working pattern
Very good salary compared to other companies. Shift work but many breaks. Friendly colleagues and supervisor. Bonus paid on time as well. No problem with pay slip
Pros
Good salary high bonus
Cons
Nil
3 months bonus paid last year. High gross salary if you put in hardwork to work OT. Better than other companies. Nice superior also. Can let him know which day you want to take leave.
Pros
A lot of bonus and high salary
Cons
Nil
Advantage of meeting alot of people from other country amd lerning different language from them. Making friend from different department and make bonding with colleague from different department .
A bad experience working with cisco. Breach of contract. HR recruiter will Sweet talk you into signing the contract. Once done, whatever they say during the interview wont come true. Etc, promise 2 day shift and 2 night shift. In the end had to work 12 hours night shift for a full year. Salary always shortage. Have to chase HR everytime and they will only reimburse the following month.
Very stressful and I have learned how to handle with the passengers.and how to manage time properly.The staff there are less friendly.Punctuality and discipline are very important here.
Pros
Cons
Contract based
Security officer have a chair right? We'll, not in Certis Certis. You will have to stand all day long, beg for a break and hope time pass fast. But none of this will work. You work 12 hours, have 2 hours break, but your legs beg for a rest, your toilet break also no one to replace and most importantly, time pass slow. The management is terrible, there's everyday reduction of people, in the end it's became a 1 man show. Resignation is the worst, make sure you have enough money in your bank, your salary may bank in next month.
Conduct security checks on passengers and hand-carry baggage in Singapore Changi Airport.Team player focused in promoting a safe environment for both staff and customers. Trained as a health and safety rep in the workplace. I enjoyed being proactive in the workplace.
Pros
inside airport air condition
Cons
12 hours work. Depend on flights, sometime no time for meal due to security screening on passengers from several back to back flights.
Working at Arrival and Departure Halls, have to stand 2 hours with one hour break that mean 8 hours stand and 4 hours rest. A lot of walking is needed at Arrival halls.
Need to handle annoying passenger and act in front of dislike colleague.
Learn how to lead team and independent.Supervisor look after the person who she like.Air-con environment,need co-operate with different races.

Hardest part is need to act happy when facing the colleague that u dislike.

This job is relaxing and u will feel lazy and no useful skill for ur future career path.
Pros
mcd voucher at festive season
Cons
11 hours working, if ot also need work 11 hours
I need to find new job because my job is 15hours i need to spend in my work place, my basic is very low $990.00 only, its dificult for me to apply housing loan
I enjoyed working in Certis Cisco, airport environment is the most lively and enthusiastic place to work. However i will not recommend Certis Cisco. Cause of their payment. And the floor management politics.
Initially when I started working with Certis Cisco I enjoyed working at the airport because I could mingle with passengers and staff of the airport security without the stress of restricting myself on where I can go and I cannot go.
Then in the year 2018 Certis Cisco was tasked by Changi Airport Group to refrain staff from using the passenger rest areas and to direct staff to the staff lounge . That is one area which I dislike as I preferred the freedom of using the passenger areas as the chairs are more comfortable and spacious unlike the staff lounge where most of staff are

noisy or nosey over the things other staff are doing during my rest time.

After that when they posted me to control tower I felt my movements being controlled and restricted and I cannot move away even when I wish

for a few minutes of toilet break. I had to ask for an officer to relief me before I can go for my toilet break . That is the stress of it all.
Long hours and short break. Force to do ot. No welfare taken care of. Poor management. No appreciation given to staff. Always cut off pay with approved MC by Doctors
It was Adventures Job since you conduct security In Singapore Changi Airport.Nothing beats Their security level importances. I've learn that Security is really important among us.
Too long working hours per week 5 work day total 56 hours & only 1 off day. Too tiring & not enough rest. Often back to back deployment, too many flights.
Pros
Get to meet some very good people/colleagues.
Cons
Long working hours, very low salary compared with outside.
Role of the certis cisco job scope is to ensure passenger safe and airport staff.it's also our responsibility to protect life and property of changi airport as a aviation screening officer I have to show my responsibility during enter the airside staff entry.
Nice environment to be worked at and also friendly staff.. Even need to be strict comes to working environment yet still can be adjustable with co-workers
Pros
Cons
Stressful yet comfortable
The 12 hours job require to be diligent and focus 100% on duties. I have learned how to be productive and upgrade from the job we do.
The jobs need physically fit and mentally stable people to handle people, life and properties.The responsible towards the job is very high.
Pros
overtime
Long hours shift work..

Need more advancement training after certain period of time.. instead of just normal routine job.. if possible can provide more upgrading programme on individuals..