Changi Airport Group

Changi Airport Group Management reviews

My job as a Changi Experience Executive was to oversee the operations of the Information counter for a particular terminal which consisted of 5 counters, inclusive of both transit and public areas. Timely opening of counters, and making sure accurate information was passed down on a timely manner. The most valuable lesson learned in these thirteen years was 'there is never a problem without a solution'. And what mattered most was the ability to respond sincerely and empathetically towards those in need. To be able to respond in emergency situation i.e., Medical emergencies was an experience by itself. Following up and assisting the next of kin in such circumstances and making sure their needs were met was a very rewarding experience. In addition, handling challenging passengers and members of public and ensuring they were provided accurate info with the best customer service experience at all times. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to see a smile on the face of a stranded passenger, and to know that you have been part of their solution - this was truly an amazing experience on a daily basis.
Very exciting, No two days are the same. Many challenges each day. (Also makes it interesting) Management is very capable Handling customers is essence of job
Operations is never the same daily. You meet all walks of life with different issues. It is difficult but working armed with knowledge and passion to serve and help, everything will be rather manageable.
Pros
Workmates, workplace
Cons
Colleagues and management were helpful and friendly. Learnt people management and more communication skills Hardest part of the job would be the travelling considering that I live rather far away. Enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction when being able to help the people.
Pros
Aircon environment
Perfect benefit. They always send for courses. The management team have very positive attitude and professional. The working hours are superb. Unfortunately there’s no overtime for me as I was on contract basis. I learnt so many things in the aerodrome. I had a good mentor. Good environment. Excellent workmates. The most hardest part of my job was I need to learn and memorise all the birds in the airside.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Contract basis
A typical day of work consist of ensuring all queues in the airport are managed properly. Besides that, we have to implement anti-con measures to provide all passengers to enjoy their time in the airport.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Long walking and standing hours
Would be useful if the management team adopts a 360 employee feedback to fully understand the dissatisfaction on ground and work towards a healthier workplace.
It is not the best place to work in because of the hierarchy. Workload is relatively heavy and stressful. As in intern, I covered the role of 2 full-timers.
Cons
Workload
Conservative management running a quasi government organisation that still functions like a government agency. Lots of staff who have been with the company for many years, who are just cruising.
Can learn a lot. interesting projects. but top management was quite bad. not good for junior staff as they have very bad planning of using junior analysts.
Very unfriendly environment.The management are big bullies..The job in belt 48 arrival hall is the hardest part of my job. There should be two persons working instead of one person doing the job. They always pushed me to do one person in the job..I enjoyed working with the staff.They were warm and friendly.On the whole the staff and the hr department make it a pleasant environment to work with.Some of the management and staff were kind and helpful to me and I was lucky to be there the most enjoyable part of my job is to meet people. I love meeting people from all walks of life.
Pros
Free food vouchers.
Cons
Got to stand for 8 hours on the job
Did basic cashiering and stock taking . Learned cashiering a lot . Managed to work with good colleagues and good management as well. The hardest part of the job is to please customers who demand a lot despite the small purchase made. The enjoyable part of the job is working with good management who never fails to make work enjoyable.
Pros
Fun colleague
Cons
It will enjoyable and fun during working, in mean time there will b technical & all aspects of the work experience. Management will take care & support if any work problems.
Pros
free lunches & snacks are provided
Cons
Long working hours
Was a fun experience to work in the airport. One of the managers was a sneaky fella who would take credit for your work and has no shame at all in doing so.
● Industrial Attachment Program (IAP) from NYP. ● Perform routine inspections on the air conditioning and cooling systems within Changi Airport Terminal 2. ● Project and presentation on Waste Water Management in Changi Airport Terminal 2
Pros
Able to be at the airport daily and to enter restricted premises for research purposes
Everything is great. In terms of management, salary and prospect growth. But the distance and shuffling of work station from time to time is minus point.
good working hours. Learned to overcome problems in work place and time management. Excellent management. the culture over there are awesome by sharing their working experience and also share their job skills what they learned before.
You will learn a lot about operations and how complex aviation works The management and work culture is safe and traditional The work is interesting due to complex aviation industry and how everything works comes together for an airport The most challenging part of job is constantly redoing work as different hierarchy changes their mind along the way, with big gaps between the thoughts of senior management. The management is also very old school and unable to move fast or believe in innovation.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
political and unclear directions
Nice working environment but can't get along with the management. So far i find my company good as they have secure my career in a way and have make me take up courses to establish myself but the pay wise i'm not so favourable.
Pros
Nice working environment
Cons
Low pay
Inspiring work place where you can make a difference to passengers coming through Changi Airport. Middle management can be stronger. Can also get quite political at work.
Pros
Can make a difference
Cons
Office politics and long hours
It depends on which department / division you actually belong to. Front liners are usually treasured by the organization; however, back end support & engineering staffs are treated like second class (contractors)... Most of the management staffs are consisted of scholars from the Ivy Leagues - <NATO> no actions talk only... too many of them around simply a hurdle for works to progress...
Pros
Nice physical working environment
Cons
Long hours... Can Forget about work life balance