Changi Airport Group

Changi Airport Group Employee Reviews

Singapore69 reviews
Typical day at work
Great working colleagues

Fun part of the job is we get to work with different department

Workplace culture was different from other companies i've work in
A typical day of work consist of ensuring all queues in the airport are managed properly. Besides that, we have to implement anti-con measures to provide all passengers to enjoy their time in the airport.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Long walking and standing hours
As we service the diversity of nationalities. I as the customer service officer encounter different situations everyday. Someday may be emergency medical case, someday may be passengers missing flights or passengers will be very upset upon the situation and will let it out and cry to ward us. So everyday is challenging.
CEO is a visionary who entrusts his team to carry out the work to achieve his vision. Company has a good overall remuneration package, with bonuses that are above market rate when the company does well (subject to performance appraisal)
Would be useful if the management team adopts a 360 employee feedback to fully understand the dissatisfaction on ground and work towards a healthier workplace.
It is not the best place to work in because of the hierarchy. Workload is relatively heavy and stressful. As in intern, I covered the role of 2 full-timers.
Cons
Workload
Almost every staff working there with one objective to achieve; to make airport no.1 by creating world class experience to all its customers/passengers.
Conservative management running a quasi government organisation that still functions like a government agency.
Lots of staff who have been with the company for many years, who are just cruising.
Can learn a lot. interesting projects. but top management was quite bad. not good for junior staff as they have very bad planning of using junior analysts.
Very unfriendly environment.The management are big bullies..The job in belt 48 arrival hall is the hardest part of my job. There should be two persons working instead of one person doing the job. They always pushed me to do one person in the job..I enjoyed working with the staff.They were warm and friendly.On the whole the staff and the hr department make it a pleasant environment to work with.Some of the management and staff were kind and helpful to me and I was lucky to be there the most enjoyable part of my job is to meet people. I love meeting people from all walks of life.
Pros
Free food vouchers.
Cons
Got to stand for 8 hours on the job
Nice place to show your talents and learn what you don't have,. Going to open in few more years and very exited to be the part of it and waiting to learn and transform more.
Did basic cashiering and stock taking . Learned cashiering a lot . Managed to work with good colleagues and good management as well. The hardest part of the job is to please customers who demand a lot despite the small purchase made. The enjoyable part of the job is working with good management who never fails to make work enjoyable.
Pros
Fun colleague
Cons
It will enjoyable and fun during working, in mean time there will b technical & all aspects of the work experience. Management will take care & support if any work problems.
Pros
free lunches & snacks are provided
Cons
Long working hours
Was a fun experience to work in the airport. One of the managers was a sneaky fella who would take credit for your work and has no shame at all in doing so.
Working for more than 20 years experience. Attend CPR & AED course. Able to identify type of fire. Able to operate fire hose and extinguisher with ease. Able to apply simple medical dressing to casualty.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Should be able to carry heavy load
● Industrial Attachment Program (IAP) from NYP.
● Perform routine inspections on the air conditioning and cooling systems within Changi Airport Terminal 2.

● Project and presentation on Waste Water Management in Changi Airport Terminal 2
Pros
Able to be at the airport daily and to enter restricted premises for research purposes
A good company for young professionals who are extremely career minded and willing to to work long hours and travel often. High degree of job safety as company and industry both are booming
I have been working here almost 7 years. Learned plenty of things during my stay, assisting passengers with many issues like missed flight, visa, immigration, airline rules and many many more. Have made me a strong person to speak to any nationality with confidence Everyday is a different day and learnt various languages along the way. Hardest thing is when you get a difficult passenger and how you manage to solve it. Happiness is you get to work with different colleagues and learn their culture.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
shift work of long hours up to 13hrs
Everything is great. In terms of management, salary and prospect growth. But the distance and shuffling of work station from time to time is minus point.
I learn to work in a big environment , people friendly and a enjoyable fun environment . Each day is a new working day as you meet different kind of people.
I dont find anything hard in the job as if you have the right attitude you feel whatever you do is easy.
Pros
Meeting different kind of people and is fund
Cons
Meeting challenges, handling different kind of people, and their requirements are different as it makes you change according to their needs.
good working hours. Learned to overcome problems in work place and time management. Excellent management. the culture over there are awesome by sharing their working experience and also share their job skills what they learned before.