Changi General Hospital

Long working hours
Salary is less

Fun working environment

Good training

Management of patients flow need to be more effective.

Hardest part of the job was counter management since we have to multitask.
Pros
Working environment, Training
Cons
It was a great 2 year contract to work with heathcare improvement network under changi general hospital. I have learn so many things about healthcare and also make a lot of new friends.
very pro active in advancement in nursing career. The patient ratio to nurse is a bit overwhelming. Buut if you are really passionate about being a nurse and the sacrifice you make for your family it will be a good area to learn.
Malay culture workplace...... Too many Malays.. ......too arrogant Malay colleagues....... The Malays always think that they are very capable and knowledgable..... No respect for their peers, very very rude Malays.
It's really a fast paced work place, but still interesting to work with friendly colleagues. I really enjoyed the my workdays there. Will be really grateful to work there again.
Pros:
On-the-job training provided for my particular position.

Efficient and well-supplied working environment

Skills advancement encouraged and supported

Cons:

Hierarchical organisation and management structure

Low tolerance for errors

Workplace culture can become toxic at times
Company-wide policies such as benefits, bonuses, different type of leaves and exercise, team-building stuffs are pretty good as per any big organisation. Culture generally amicable. Processes generally bureaucratic but not as much as actual govt org,

There are many sub-cultures even within 1 department as it can be as huge as a SME. Actual culture depends on team lead, so people who does the interview may be the ones who set the 'culture' in the team.

Most management are trying hard to do employee engagement, of course there will be some that just let time pass by.
1) pleasant to work with the doctors and operational staff
2) worklife balance

3) at time could be challenging

4) most of the time autonomy - in my department

5) good benefits
Pros
near home
Cons
no comments
CGH is very patient oriented. It helped me become the nurse that I am now. It instilled discipline, kindness, humility and patience in me that I will always bring wherever I would go.
Pros
People and staff
Cons
Compensation
Its a good environment to learn and grow and contribute

You will be given lots of opportunity if you show interest and potential

Nice n health food available at reasonable rate
Good hospital to work to gain experience in healthcare setting.
Stable hospital with up to date facilities and equipment.

Good quality of nursing care and resources.
-Shift Job
-Handling Dimentia Patient

-Vital Sign

-Communicate with Patients during meal or gathering time

I have learned how to handle dimentia patients. And learning chinese language with patients
No proper system and management.Boss can say, employee can't say!! Once you say and argument that's the end, cos being marked. Allocation for daily jobs not so fair,whether u like or don't like still have to do.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Nil
- Learn to register visitors to ward its my first time to this job
- Work Place was ok, they also have 24 hours cafe & 7-11

- hardest when have a group team that cannot work with some of them together coz they are favourism!

- Fun & Enjoyable when get along with colleagues that i easily work with together can give and take.
Pros
free dinner by visitors & nurses
Cons
no good benefits
Highly recommended for staff who can work in fast paced environment.

Nice working colleagues who help one another.

The best part if the staff benefits like medical claims and bonus.

Disadvantage too many donation drives and staff functions that uses lots of money.
Pros
Medical benefits, Family Leave and Bonus
Cons
Shift work and OT
It was tiring as we are the front-line of Healthcare. Our image really play apart in making patients having pleasant and smooth journey throughout their visit to the doctor. Therefore, serving right with smile and patience is very important.
Pros
Free lunches during some events
Cons
Long day of standing and attending to patient's enquiries
I held a typical 8.30am to 5.30pm job. It involved working with food service staff and dietitians to ensure that the inpatient meals served are the heartiest. Through my stint with CGH, I've learnt about the food service sector, as well as being a patient-centric service provider. The nature of the workplace is fast-paced but staff are generally positive and friendly towards one another, even outside the department. The hardest part of the job was to ensure 100% patient satisfaction with the meals provided, as the flavour and presentation of food is highly subjective. What I look forward to most at work was meeting my colleagues as they are pleasant, friendly and supportive, which makes any hard day at work better.
I worked in iso ward for 4 years and it was quite challenging because we had to handle all the infectious pateints of the whole hospital. Despite that, i.loved iso ward and colleages whom i met and woked with.
Pros
weekly inservice talks were very helpful in our nursing skill imporvememts
Cons
workloads were heavy and sometime very short of staffs
Good place to work in..except for the salary is a bit low comparing to the external market. This is the place to retire and the phase of work acceptable.
Pros
More family time
Cons
Less pay
The hospital gives emphasis on work life balance. Care for the patient is provided in a multidisciplinary approach. There is trust and confidence in each member on the way they do their job. Increase in salary is based on merit and how well a employee functions in relation to his/her line of work.The institution also focuses on employee health by having an annual health screening. Flu shots was also given free during coldest period of the year. Choices of food are abundant with each choices providing information on calorie level. Hardest part of the job is when there are patient in respiratory isolation like H1N1, MERSCoV, where in isolation equipment must be worn and removed in a guided manner to avoid spread of viruses. The fun part is the opportunity to travel to learn during conferences.
Pros
Annual Leave are given in advance
Cons
no overtime
Fun working environment where I learn new things everyday. Friendly colleagues who make work enjoyable everyday. Good benefits and good workplace culture.