Changi General Hospital

Changi General Hospital Employee Reviews

Singapore85 reviews

great start

a good start to those who have no clinical experience but wants to be in a healthcare setting. builds your character development in the long run. would recommend

Changi General Hospital

Good place to start off my nursing career, great learning experience and structured teaching. CGH has been around for many years and they have a familial culture within the work place. Great colleagues.

Pros

allocated break times, work life balance

Cons

low allowance, no OT opportunities

Fulfilled and satisfying

This hospital is a caring hospital that not only provides care to patients but care about the employees who work there. Every year you have employees' survey about the hospital to allow employees to voice their concerns.Recently, they provided a new course called grievances handling for employees to participate to learn about employees' right and channels available to voice their concerns be it big or small. Oh yes, there are gymn and badminton courts for employees to flex their muscles. F&B discounts for employees.

Pros

Freebies from company during circuit breaker (CB)period, F&B discount, Hero benefits (pandemic time)

Cons

Due to social management measurements, only designated entrance and exit are available, Need to sanitise your hands frequently in order to reduce risk of getting infections, Need to handle infectious samples

Fast paced and stressful especially during COVID pandemic

Can be stressful when manpower is tight and patient load is high. Generally senior colleagues will guide you if you need help. Only issue is the lack of manpower which means more work per person.

Pros

Good benefits like bonus and welfare Nice colleagues and bosses

Cons

5.5 work days, rude patients

great place to work especially for nurses coming from out of Singapore and if you are looking for professional growth

I have worked with this company for 6 years and only left due to reason that I have to immigrate to United States if not I would have stayed for longer. CGH have taught me a great deal especially in my line of job, it provided me training, supervision, guidance and all necessary equipment I needed and my co-workers in developing our skill and making it proficient. After working with CGH I am more confident with my knowledge and skills as Nurse that I will be able to help address my patient's and community needs more effectively. Also not failing to speak off is the interpersonal relationship that I have built with my managers and co-workers during those years, they have become my strength and friends during those years and I am deeply in great debt with this company having trusted me this opportunity that I will cherish for years to come.

Pros

performance bonus twice a year, salary increase every contract renewal, Christmas bonuses, paid leaves, separation pay, free clinic visit and medication and also during accreditation time they gave bonuses, paid trainings, free lunches or buffets on so many occasions and seminar/training days.

Cons

Short breaks when really busy, under staffed at times, not really equal patient ratio at times

Not a recommended place to work

There's much negativity in the office culture. Management is not as engaging and the minus ones are not even suitable to be in management roles. A lot of office politics and bureaucracy that results in work being inefficient and not meaningful. Definitely not a place to work and think of career advancement.

Pros

Decent benefits

Cons

Toxic culture, management not engaging and too much inefficiency

Great experience

It was a great 2 year contract to work with heathcare improvement network under changi general hospital. I have learn so many things about healthcare and also make a lot of new friends.

Fun workplace

Long working hours Salary is less Fun working environment Good training Management of patients flow need to be more effective. Hardest part of the job was counter management since we have to multitask.

Pros

Working environment, Training

advancement in nursing

very pro active in advancement in nursing career. The patient ratio to nurse is a bit overwhelming. Buut if you are really passionate about being a nurse and the sacrifice you make for your family it will be a good area to learn.

Awesome

It's really a fast paced work place, but still interesting to work with friendly colleagues. I really enjoyed the my workdays there. Will be really grateful to work there again.

Fast-paced and intense working culture

Pros: On-the-job training provided for my particular position. Efficient and well-supplied working environment Skills advancement encouraged and supported Cons: Hierarchical organisation and management structure Low tolerance for errors Workplace culture can become toxic at times

Company-wide policies such as benefits, bonuses, different type of leaves and exercise, team-building stuffs are pretty good as per any big organisation. Culture generally amicable. Processes generally bureaucratic but not as much as actual govt org, There are many sub-cultures even within 1 department as it can be as huge as a SME. Actual culture depends on team lead, so people who does the interview may be the ones who set the 'culture' in the team. Most management are trying hard to do employee engagement, of course there will be some that just let time pass by.

work life

1) pleasant to work with the doctors and operational staff 2) worklife balance 3) at time could be challenging 4) most of the time autonomy - in my department 5) good benefits

Pros

near home

Cons

no comments

Good stepping stone

CGH is very patient oriented. It helped me become the nurse that I am now. It instilled discipline, kindness, humility and patience in me that I will always bring wherever I would go.

Pros

People and staff

Cons

Compensation

Alot of life skill to acquire

Its a good environment to learn and grow and contribute You will be given lots of opportunity if you show interest and potential Nice n health food available at reasonable rate

Excellent Hospital

Good hospital to work to gain experience in healthcare setting. Stable hospital with up to date facilities and equipment. Good quality of nursing care and resources.

Nil

-Shift Job -Handling Dimentia Patient -Vital Sign -Communicate with Patients during meal or gathering time I have learned how to handle dimentia patients. And learning chinese language with patients

Many Internal politics. Colleagues not so friendly, work for short period of time is no issue but long term will go crazy.Sometime they will makesoit

No proper system and management.Boss can say, employee can't say!! Once you say and argument that's the end, cos being marked. Allocation for daily jobs not so fair,whether u like or don't like still have to do.

Pros

Nil

Cons

Nil

Funwork place

- Learn to register visitors to ward its my first time to this job - Work Place was ok, they also have 24 hours cafe & 7-11 - hardest when have a group team that cannot work with some of them together coz they are favourism! - Fun & Enjoyable when get along with colleagues that i easily work with together can give and take.

Pros

free dinner by visitors & nurses

Cons

no good benefits

Good staff benefit

Highly recommended for staff who can work in fast paced environment. Nice working colleagues who help one another. The best part if the staff benefits like medical claims and bonus. Disadvantage too many donation drives and staff functions that uses lots of money.

Pros

Medical benefits, Family Leave and Bonus

Cons

Shift work and OT

Patience are top priority

It was tiring as we are the front-line of Healthcare. Our image really play apart in making patients having pleasant and smooth journey throughout their visit to the doctor. Therefore, serving right with smile and patience is very important.

Pros

Free lunches during some events

Cons

Long day of standing and attending to patient's enquiries

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Changi General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Changi General Hospital Reviews by Location