Charles & Keith

Charles & Keith Employee Reviews

Singapore20 reviews
Productive Work Environment
Charles and Keith is a well known local brand in Singapore and Asian countries. The working culture is fast-paced and a quite stressful though since we are popular to tourist. Everyday is a busy day at work but, this help me to become more adaptable and flexible. In terms, of working hours our working time is a bit longer than usual employee, we use to work more than 10 hrs a day in 5 days without over time pay. Nevertheless,I am still grateful working in this company as I've learned a lot that I can use in the future.
Stressful and fun
Even tho part timer but still need to work frm opening to closing and on certain days might need to go home at 11PM ( cleaning , re arranging things )
Ok place to work
Part time position is great for students in between O levels and polytechnic as well as students who have free days on their school schedule. Able to balance work, school, family and friends well.
Competitive
The job that I was required to do is very taxing and fast paced, I have to meet daily store and personal KPI just like any sales assistant would do and assist with inventory as well. Customer service qualities have been trained in Charles and Keith as well.
Eazy cash for student
Eazy cash for student who want to earn extra pocket money. Flexible schedule. Required to work at least one weekend per week. Nice people to work with.
Amazing colleagues
Depending on the outlet you are assigned to, for instance, when there is high customer, you will definitely not notice how fast time pass by and also this helped to developed good communication skills with the customers.
Learning and fashionable place to work
Pros:
Professional learning in all types of bags, shoes and accessories.

Fashion forward product launching every week.

People here are good too.

Cons:

Take times to progress as they need high sales achievers, good attendance, good performance candidates.
Pros
Fashion theme photograph competition
Fun working place
To arrive at work 1 hour before opening for stocks . Last 15 minutes for briefing or to share new arrivals and give feedbacks . I learn how to communicate with customers professionally and how to upsell items for sales .
Pros
Good managements
Convenient and Fun Environment
It’s an eye opener working environment especially if one is keen in fashion industry. Generally the people there are friendly and helpful. Not only does one able to receive staff discounts but able to participate in their team building activities including the part timers. No one will be left behind as they are supportive colleagues/friends.
Pros
Staff Discounts
Retail associate
The staff at the store weren’t the friendliest and welcoming to a new employee that may not be chinese which could make someone feel left out. Overall, it’s a tiring job.
typical singapore company
typical local start up company
very traditional values

no good benefits

strict attendance supervision

very nice office building with gym and kitchen for staff to cook
good
a good company with management recognising the hard work of people and give promotion who perform well in job. a great place to work in for people who just started out workingg
Fun workplace
Most enjoyable part of job is when customer is satisfied with your service.
To come to work with positive mindset will get you through the day even if you are tired
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
A lot of customer during weekdays with less man power
Great brand and products
International brand with good presence in Asia. Good brand to get hands on experience on all areas of business. Low growth potential as the organisation has a flat reporting structure.
Pros
Hands on experience
Cons
Too local in culture, not competitive salary based on market
A typical day at work and I learned about company system and scanner.And the hardest part is unload containers with box by box. The enjoyable part of job is daily pickings.
Cons
8hours
productive,safe and learn a lot of things.
I work at charles and keith as Mangement Trainee because its required in our school (on the job training) for 1 year. Charles and Keith is one of the best company because you will learn a more knowledge and especially to deal with other person/culture in a nice way. You need a patience.
Pros
Dinner and Dance
Cons
healthcare
fun and open culture
i enjoy the open communication. this is also a plus point when resolving disagreements. clarity and opportunity to speak and be heard is also greatly appreciated
Pros
great pantry, office environment
Cons
long hours, after office hours communication from superior
Satisfactory workplace
Started off with what was supposed to be an amazing journey. I learnt a lot each day, every other day was an eye-opener for me. The culture, the people and the trade itself. To sum it up, it was a life changing experience.
Cons
Productive place with many facilities to unwind
Charles and Keith is a local women's shoe retailer, that became one of the more successful companies in Singapore. Following their success in the local market, they went on to set up many more outlets and various other countries. I was an intern at the International department, where I had the opportunity to learn the processes and operations the company undertakes in order for their foreign outlets to be successful. I spent each week working with different people from operations, sales, shipping, merchandising and warehouse management, so that I could understand the way the International department functions. At the end of the entire internship, I had to deliver a presentation suggesting five different problems I identified, and the solutions to those problems.
manager
being a manager is at first i have to deal with my staffs make them well groomed before entertaining a customer. i learned how to handle managerial position. they always make my work light and happy. hardest is to check and make reports about the store. enjoyable part if the customer is fulfilled with the item they bought.