Chateraise Employee Reviews

Singapore9 reviews

STRICT but Flexible time, good for students

As a Japanese company they are quite strict on time. If your manager is there cannot take break or go toilet for a bit. One of the supervisors I worked with always looks angry and scolds every small mistakes , instead of putting more pressure to those working in front , she can just say it calmly - my coworkers say their used to it and manager never say anything so I just left as it is, didn't want to talk to them and just do my Job. Some Customers quite toxic which is unavoidable. The work is not that enjoyable cause you cannot even talk with your coworkers in free time like no customers because the management always looking at CCTV, monitoring your every movement which is quite restrictive. Also even if there is still a lot of products we put in front , really must top Up which is quite tiring and can hurt your back cause you have to move up and down like doing squats. So far that's it not much problem just the upper people and some toxic customers.

Pretty okay workplace for those seeking part time jobs

schedule is based on your own availability but might need to support more on some days, but people at the outlet i worked at excluded people a lot because of looks, and also new workers may tend to be stressed as they teach once and never again but will give a lot of work

Pros

Aircorn workplace

Cons

Short breaks, unfriendly coworkers

Usually fast-pace during weekends, and weekdays after 5pm. When there is less customers, the shop atmosphere is relaxing

I usually work morning-afternoon shift. I'd start with opening the shop (counting money in the register, displaying the cakes, replenishing rubbish bags & ice packs). Everyone learns how to use the cashier (unless you somehow quit before the week is up). Other than that, I'm not involved with preparing the cakes (e.g., fruit/cream topping, making the cake, etc.) as I am just a part-timer. I really enjoy working with my coworkers as they are all very understanding and fun people who are lively and make plenty of jokes. Some customers are.. entitled, cranky, impatient, unreasonable. Other than that, it's a good place for students to work and earn cash as the schedule is very very flexible and workload is not much at all. I recommend <3

Pros

Flexible work schedul, Part-timer can earn extra pay if you learn how to prepare cakes

Cons

No career progression I guess

Friendly working environment

All the staffs are friendly and are helpful too. I had learnt a lot from them not restricted to job scope , but also soft skills like how to interact with customers and multitasking.

Not bad if you're a student looking for part time work.

Part-time work mainly consisted of restocking the shelves and unpacking the goods that arrived each day. The challenge every day was the lunch crowd and the peak hour crowd whereby the shop would be very crowded. Other times of day however, the business would be quite manageable. One annoying thing, was that part-time workers didn't have much rights (understandably I guess). The full timers would get to have lunch pay and stuff but part time workers would have their break duration taken out of the total hours of the day. Also the uniform had to be dry cleaned before returning, which would easily cost around 30$ - 50$ for the full set (bit expensive in my opinion, considering the PT pay was only 8$ an hour) Overall, a not bad experience. Would recommend if you're a student looking for a part time job.

normal

How to pack and label food products. The hardest part is when I need to be fast-oriented without making any mistakes in the food the customers ordered during peak hours.

Sunplaza Brunch: Not recommended

There's not a lot of benefits you receive there (just low medical benefits when you first start). For full time staff, you only get a weekend off each month, and your schedule for each week comes in Sunday night. This makes future planning almost impossible, especially if you have Monday (the next day) off, which I found frustrating. Moreover, I found the way they did the weekly schedule disorganised. Some shifts required more workers, while other shifts had too few. Additionally, some of the more experienced workers would just sit there and use their phones, allowing the newer members to do all the work. I feel this is very unethical and not right. However, there were some experienced members, though not many, who were very friendly and guided me through kindly.

Cons

long standing hours with little place to sit even when there are no customers

Great experience

Great experience, working environment is fun! Got to learn many new skills and as my starting job, the pay is reasonable and pay was collected on time

my overall view

i learn to have good management when handling food and customers at the same time. I learn that it is hard especially when dealing with the cakes in the shop because the cakes are fragile and must be taken good care of.

Pros

friendly working environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chateraise. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement