CIMB Group

CIMB Group Employee Reviews

Singapore25 reviews

Enjoyable workplace

I started off as a temp staff processing back end transactions. It was until my end of contract my department manager refer me to branch as they're in need of staff to cover maternity leave for 1 year, and since then I stayed for 5 plus years. Colleagues are very helpful towards each other, there are always new things to learn and people don't hesitate to share. The branch culture is definitely the main factor which made me stay on.

Pros

Great environment, people and culture.

Cons

nil

Productive & fun workplace.

Productive and fun workplace. Overall Decent Experience ... Made a lot of friends and met some great people. Good Health, Dental, & Vision Benefits.

Collabrotive

It is good to work with CIMB. They are not aggresive, but they are target oriented. They treat their staff very well & are patient towards mistakes. They encourage staff to take intiative & calculated risk.

Stagnant too long

I need a new environment work place and not looking for managerial post.I am willing to work fast paced company with minimal supervision and be supportive staff.

Review of work environment

Nice place to work with. Friendly and conducive environment. Those who have no banking experience will be challenging during training. Training provided before hands on.

Engaging and excellent team work

The managers are helpful and there were camaraderie between the team members and department. Potential for promotion was high and can be stressful at times.

No Comment

Not comfortable providing feedback / comment about the organization at this point in time. This should not be required now or going forward. Clarified.

Worst place on earth

If you have think you have seen the worst bank on earth, you have not been in CIMB. Nothing works, from computer, printer, bloomberg, you name it. Severely stingy on costs, upgrading a simple RAM takes 2 months and the trail of emails to upgrade get lost. And you need to start all over again. Management style is top down, gutless leadership at its core. Poor business sense and clueless direction with copy cat strategies passed off as his won.

Pros

Never need to work a day if you are in management

Cons

Stated in review, 1% written otherwise it will become a PHD dissertation - why state owned banks survive?

Review Summary

Being a business development manager broadens your network and knowledge to the different kinds of businesses in Singapore. Often time, the founders of the companies will usually share a tale of two about how they started the company from 0.

Much depend on yourself

Catching up in term of openning up the silo culture. Need to work on staff benefits and respect. Empathy on what is happening in different units and satff. Challenges to move up the next stage to be a open caring organisation.

Sales Executive

When while team didn't hit the daily target. learn how to convince customer and handle situation. Management was flexible and understanding. when the application is rejected by bank we need to answer customer. Once we hit out monthly individual target we can be so relax.

Cons

we need to do OT if we never met our day target

Great place to learn

Its a great place to learn because of the environment here. Since the bank is small, it makes it a close knitted environment where everyone knows each other. Everyone is willing to helpeach other grow.

Stable but not fantastic

Job is stable technology employed is behind time compared to other Banks. Benefits average, exposure to some extent only not much new things to pick up more on improving existing processes with whichever available tools and viable means.

Pros

Stable

Cons

Limited exposure and growth

Close knitted, results driven place

Small setup. Great place to learn everything you wanna know about banking. Aggressive in campaigning and marketing efforts. Strong hold in ASEAN. Great job security!

Pros

Job security, stable in ASEAN

Cons

Long hours, require technology refresh

环岛工作,接触很多不同类型的人,学习不同的沟通技巧。

我们的工作是在全岛跑Roadshow,当中每天都会遇见不同类型的人,学习各方面的沟通技巧。 工作中最难的事就是如何在人潮繁忙的时候让对方停下脚步,这也非常有趣,经理是非常有领导能力的,只是管理层方面比较复杂。 每天都会与不一样的同事工作,跟他们学习不同的技巧。

Pros

无顶峰的收入

Cons

工作时间较长

First job

Employed as pioneer to the new team. Learned quite a lot of products and finding way to improve processes. The worst part is the high turnover rate which sometime lead to shortage of manpower.

Pros

Good employee's benefit

Cons

long working hours

Pathetic workplace

One of the worse working environment. No doubt working is for and with the people and not for the company proves it all. Best take away was the friends made. Working environment was horrid, offices were cramp, and upper management were bad.

Pros

Cons

long hours, poor environment, no welfare

A great workplace with amazing colleagues

I was handling business as usual "BAU" issues and doing projects at the same time. I learnt a lot of skills like communicating with users, creating batch running jobs, analysing issues.

fun workplace

the environment fun to work with. the hardest part is hard work is not being appreciated. everyday is a learning day. company's benefits is excellent

benefits

Cons

sometimes work long hours

na

When I started my last job, I only had a basic understanding of the fundamentals of SEO, but now I have learned how to run a successful PPC campaign and effectively utilize social media pages. I also didn’t have much experience with public speaking, but at my last job, I had to give several group presentations, and as a result, I feel I have become much better at delivering information efficiently.

Conducive working place

My typical day is where I do the same things I do every other day. That is why I am constantly looking for process improvements to enhance productivity.At current working please, I am handling Fraud, Authorization, Chargeback Management, as well as project management. The management has been supportive on changes for improvements, colleagues are friendly and nice as well. With good relationship with colleagues and bosses, the team would enjoy working together. Hence, intend to search out for better opportunity to further self enhance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIMB Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• CIMB Group