Citadel Securities

Citadel Securities Employee Reviews

Competitive workplace with challenging problems

Very dynamic environment, super smart colleagues, challenging projects. Have to work 3X to keep up, 10X to compete. Every year start with changes in people and platform.

Pros

free food, talks from prominent experts, highest quality benefits at no cost, tuition reimburserment

Cons

cutthroat environment on all aspects

I have been working at Citadel Securities full-timeProsSmart colleagues, fast pace, results orientedConsInternal promotion harder compared to external hire, comp might be below market value

Come for the Money

Don't come here unless they made you a huge offer that you can't refuse. Talent and hard work doesn't always pay off here. There are a lot of politics going on and multiple teams working on things that are related.

Team Placement Matters

Your success is based on if you are paired off with the correct manager. There is a lot of luck involved to succeed there. I've seen very talented people with the wrong match having a bad time there. Talent and hard work doesn't always pay off.

highly performing company

Very good company, excellent benefits, high performance standards. Excellent results are expected and can be difficult to achieve. Lots of perks available.

Challenging and opportunity to work with smart people

Lots of smart people work here, the expectation to excel is very high. However the company strongly lacks a collaborative culture and communication tend to be lacking. Limited room for internal growth.

Pros

Free meals, snacks

Cons

Work life balance, culture

Extremely competitive firm with little respect for its employees and their families

Never again. I was warned before agreeing to stay onboard following citadel's acquisition of our prior firm. It is not a healthy culture, and the work environment is toxic.

Incredible Firm

One of the best hedge funds out there. Everyone is incredibly intelligent and talented. You are expected to perform and you are rewarded / compensated highly for performance. Incredibly difficult firm to get into.

90% boring, 10% scary, 100% no regrets

Worked as a guard for 5 years, I saw almost everything there was to see in that career. From the long boring nights watching the dust blow, to the excitement of taking down a drunken party goer who thought he was too tough to listen to security guards. I've worked alone, in a group, or paired up. The men and women I worked with were all decent and hard working people. My boss was a fair and understanding man who helped make the office feel like a safe place to relax and even discuss issues with the job. If it wasn't for my decision to move, I'd still be working there right now.

Pros

flexible hours, understanding of emergencies, easy to talk to managment.

Cons

long hours overnight, no batrooms, dealing with less than reputable members of the public

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Citadel Securities?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citadel Securities. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Citadel Securities with

• Citadel Securities
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?