Civica Group Ltd

Civica Group Ltd Employee Reviews for Library Assistant

Library Assistant6 reviews
Singapore6 reviews
To learn how to understand how a book is being sort out and meet the needs of your customer. It is enjoyable as you can be independent at the same time.
A nice and friendly environment among colleagues.
Working environment will depend on individual school's culture.

Low salary and long working hours.
A place for enhancing self study and communication. Work is not too dangerous if colleague are friendly and listen to advice.Be careful of colleague that tend to turn up for work even sick.Come to work spreading virus.
Pros
manageable stress
Cons
low pay
Typical Day At Work : 0730 - 1630 hrs

What you Learned : Time management,task priority,customer service on all levels and of course all about books

Management : Awesome people

Workplace Culture : Do you part and all will be smooth

The Hardest Part Of The Job : None

The Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job : I let my creative juice flow freely. At the end of the day the management and important the uses of the library feel welcomed, happy and find the environment condusive. YES!!!!!! that's when you feel that you have done a great job.
Pros
Job security, great working environment, and a awesome learning journey
Cons
A typical day at work is absolutely fun and no pressure. I loved working with children therefore, this job was a gift to me and i thoroughly enjoy every moment of it.
Civica provides 1 week of intensive training to new librarians touching on topics that are relevant and essential of the daily running of a library. Basically on the first day of school, I know what exactly I am expected and get to work straight away. The training are straight to the point, focusing on the practical skills that needs to get the job done with further job skills enhancing workshops throughout my career span with them which includes relevant theories essential to the job understanding.
Pros
Training, Support from the management
Cons
Stalls are not open during school holidays
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Civica Group Ltd?