Cold Storage

Cold Storage Employee Reviews

Singapore48 reviews
my day at work is working with cash registers and people queueing up to buy offered items in the supermarket.
i have learned to work closely with my fellow colleagues, whirt ch at times, we may need some coordination and their help is well received if comradeship is there. Workplace culture is overall quite family oriented.. like one big family.. celebrated each other 's birthday together during rest time. Hardest part of the job is working round the clock, settling the long queue of customers and if time is crucial factor to them, we can be complained as inefficient if we took too long to complete each transaction.

this can be challenging at times when one customer buy alot of items at one go and the rest of the queue has to wait.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction you get when you see a smile on every customer's face and their compliments as well as helpful suggestions and feedback by them. Some even become friends to me. They are regular customers and will always come back for good quality products and good service.
Working has a midnight shift cashier
I learned to working has a Friendly and Teamwork

The most enjoy all part of the job

All my workers very friendly
Cons
Cold Storage Singapore has been good and generous to me . They gave opportunities to improve myself and to climb up the corporate ladder . ………………...
no work life balance. audit compliance is the top priority. Always under pressure for audit. so many useless and outdated procedures and forms to sign and fill everyday.
As a sales assistant or cashier our main duty is to keep the shop tidy and also arrange the stock on the shelf and also keep the shelf clean and if they is no items and already finish than tell the supervisor to order the items and dont need to wait for last minute and the main duty is welcome the customers with a smile and greet them with a smile
Can work under pressure..Working as Sales Team leader at night with 1 cashier and 1 staff is challenging.
Manageable and tough as you are doing the readiness of the store both fresh and grocery for the morning readiness for customers.

Working with the company I have learn a lot things regarding how we work together.

Working more than 5 years as Night Shift is very challenging and gives me a lot of experience.
Pros
Salary on time
Cons
Sometimes working long hours
Since it is a 24hr outlet, goods need to be replenished often and checked for freshness. Learned much about ordering and purchase control. There was teamwork and assistance from those in the other departments of the store as well. Busiest parts were prior to major holidays. Hardest part was the lack of manpower. Having said that, most of the hurdles were managed by all of us as a team.
Pros
constant updates and trainings
Cons
shift work
Good place to join. Really recommended for all people that really want to improve in sales marketing. Cold storage will help you to be a good workers and help you improve yourself
Friendly staff and good work place, cool and clean room environment
Siting work department and use jump suits. Clean canteen. I really enjoyed working on that companys. Good and friendly noses.
be prepare to work longer hours for department manager for 14-16 hours.Company won't pay for the overtime.
enjoyable part is the fast pace which I'm used to it as I came from a working experience in fast ace environment.
Pros
fast pace environment
Cons
super long hours and not paid overtime for management level
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cold Storage?
Cold Storage is the first job that have provided me with the knowledge of real management and operation work. The time we were recruited are as pioneers. We were the first batch to be recruited without basic knowledge of the department we are holding, for example me, i was posted to Seafood Department, I do know what fish are, ate before, but types i do not know, i was taught to cut fishes, as big and small ones. After learning hands on cutting, we were posted to our store, and learned management and operation skills from our deputy and store manager. As almost all the staffs were new and inexperienced, we managed to work well with each other and helped each other with little problems. The most enjoyable part of the work is team work, we had tip top teamwork since all of us do not take advantage of each other's experience in work or life.
The hardest part will be the distance to work. We were all living quite far away from work, at that time, MRT stations were not as many as present.
Pros
Teamwork, Friendly environment
Cons
Distance to work
Nice place to work at, with nice superiors and peers, it's good for working part time where not much prior experience is needed, but helps to build up workplace experience.
Pros
Friendly and helpful peers, aircon environment
Cons
During events quite rushed but it's okay tbh
I learnt how to interact with customers , get along with work mates . I also learn how to differentiate many kinds of things in there ,

I manage to complete all the task given .
typical day at work managing customer and delivery service and sorting out productson shelves and assisting with cashier

i learned about how to do customer service

workplace culture staff attitude needs improvement

hardest part of the job was working with uncooperative staff

no most enjoyable job and no mc taken during common flu
Pros
getting to learn how to manage products
Cons
long hours and no mc
8 hours job but no break time for minutes.
serve customer

not hygiene store

management cant help if the staff is mc or off

let the other staff work 24 hours without break.
Pros
No Breaktime
Cons
8 hours
Benefits are good, colleagues are great. I would stay in the company if there is other positions available. They encourage staff to upgrade knowledge.
There is always something new to learn at Cold Storage as they have different roles and positions available. As an intern, I learnt different roles at the Headquarters as well as at the retail store.

As an auditor, a typical day at work would be going to stores to audit, having many sections to audit on. I have learned how to be quick and detailed at the same time as it is an important skill to exhibit due to lack of time and a number of sections to complete.

We are to work alone or with team members without supervision.

The hardest part of the job is having to deal with difficult clients at some times. The most enjoyable part of the job is travelling store to store.
Pros
travelling store-to-store
Cons
may need to work long hours if work is not completed
much to learn for the cashiering, need to memorize items in the supermarket, there will be a personel to teach one, need to do some stock replenishing sometimes
I can make me feel suitable with working environment i learn Lord like fruit and vegetables department.... I enjoy work at cold storage.... I can work 6 day in 1 week
They increase my salary only $sgd25-40 per year.
Others outlet store, low sales than my store how come can increase more higher salary per year.

The store manager not fair.

I working longer than new staff salary become same level.
Pros
free gift ok
Cons
working hours is ok
A typical day is unpredictable! You never know what you going to get. This is a place to learn and gain loads of experience. Good place to come if you want to learn.