Cold Storage

Cold Storage Management reviews

Singapore48 reviews
be prepare to work longer hours for department manager for 14-16 hours.Company won't pay for the overtime.
enjoyable part is the fast pace which I'm used to it as I came from a working experience in fast ace environment.
Pros
fast pace environment
Cons
super long hours and not paid overtime for management level
Cold Storage is the first job that have provided me with the knowledge of real management and operation work. The time we were recruited are as pioneers. We were the first batch to be recruited without basic knowledge of the department we are holding, for example me, i was posted to Seafood Department, I do know what fish are, ate before, but types i do not know, i was taught to cut fishes, as big and small ones. After learning hands on cutting, we were posted to our store, and learned management and operation skills from our deputy and store manager. As almost all the staffs were new and inexperienced, we managed to work well with each other and helped each other with little problems. The most enjoyable part of the work is team work, we had tip top teamwork since all of us do not take advantage of each other's experience in work or life.
The hardest part will be the distance to work. We were all living quite far away from work, at that time, MRT stations were not as many as present.
Pros
Teamwork, Friendly environment
Cons
Distance to work
8 hours job but no break time for minutes.
serve customer

not hygiene store

management cant help if the staff is mc or off
let the other staff work 24 hours without break.
Pros
No Breaktime
Cons
8 hours
It is interesting to work in Singapore with colleagues from different countries and experiencing the different management styles due to our diverse experiences.
Work for almost 8 years. Promotion basee on performance and experience.
Good salary with many benefit.

Fun environment working place store level.

Management changing process/business too fast and burdening worker at store level.
I worked at Cold Storage at Great World City as someone who helps to restock vegetables and fruits.

A typical day at work is coming to Cold Storage. Start doing my work. There is not much to do since the manpower are more than enough and I really tried my best to find something to do. No one will teach you what to do, you have to be independent. Aunties will complain to you about their colleagues and then you go for your 1 hour break and continue with work.

Management is not really reliable. Not for someone who dislike doing nothing.
Pros
Too relax.
Cons
Have to really find something to do, co-workers of much older age, management.
The company provides a good platform to develop perseverance and management
*do the basics such as checking stocks/price labels/staff attendent to work/ servicing customers with smile and greeting.
*about retail,servicing, controlling and managing

*management in there is well functioned
*helpful, funny and all ways ready to share knowledge
*too many things to be done at the same time with few manpower

*when things to be done are finished
Pros
n/a
Cons
long hours, few manpower