Courts Singapore

Courts Singapore Employee Reviews

Singapore27 reviews

Highly competitive

Company has a HR Policy which effectively is very strict and the culture is similar to the military where you have memorise values and ethics.Pay is so so but the pressure on selling warranty and accessories with main products is high.Sales Target and other aspect is either high or is unrealistic on the ground

Cons

Very competitive Pressure is very high Work Culture is strict depending on the location

Previously Courts Singapore is a good place of work and I'm happy to work with team

however after Nojima had take over it very stressful always got exam and as a stock Controller or executive we got to do Sales too previously my position only work Monday to Friday but after japanese company had take over we got to work on weekend and week day off also no 13th month bonus.

Pros

Nothing was free

Cons

Long hours pay less and without 13th bonus

Courts Singapore insights

Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues

The last company you want to work for

Initially the commission is still ok and will be able to feed your family. Now with the new management? NO WAY! APPLY AT YOUR OWN RISK.Imagine early in the morning you will have to queue and let the managers check one by one if you cut your nails? Is this the environment you want to work in?The toxic management and sometimes your colleagues will try to be teachers pet, imagine if the branch managers enter the store, everyone is sooo scared and the vibes are 100% off, even the customers can tell you are being under pressure and not genuinely serve them. Retail floor but a lot of "Corporate Politics", is it really worth it?The commission scheme is NOW cut by half if not more, their basic salary is less than a minimum wage because as they said there will be commission, but from times to times they will cut or deduct and make your life difficult.Working hours are way too long. Let me tell you why, they DO NOT have enough staffs thanks to their poor management, so those non flagship stores are usually understaffed , if you are unlucky enough to work there, welcome to exploitation. TO ALL THE FRESH GRADS- the new target that they are trying to hire. this is what they do, they cut off the commission scheme for the staffs that have been with them for years, then offer you a "decent" base salary (2-3K) , but there is no chance to earn comms , the maximum you can look at is less than 1K/ monthAlso, hiring more fresh grads with the "Management trainee" program is to put pressure on the existing staffs who is not happy with this management, and then eventually have to leave.  -

The issue with Courts Management

Courts Management has been a disaster ever since it was taken over by the Nojima corporation. Staff are literally brainwashed during the interview and first day of work orientation. We were constantly advised to prioritize sales over our wellbeing, to remember the fact that customers pay our salary. I applied for a role through an agency and was repeatedly reminded not to ask for salary and working hours during the interview? Why do I not have the right to know how much a job pays me and its working hours? Furthermore, the roster was only provided at the end of the first day orientation, after you have signed all relevant documents so it will be tough for you to back out. To whoever is applying for a role at Courts SG, I sincerely hope you think twice. Please do not fall for their usual claims that the hours are regulated and the careers are progressive. Instead, ask for the exact hours you will be working as it excludes your break as well. I have a friend who use to work at Courts before Nojima took over and back then the work environment was more vibrant whereas now its completely different. Most colleagues I work with in Courts are faced with the same dilemma and are unable to break out of the system as they have already signed the contract. Most employees are fresh graduates without work experience and thus, are drawn by the "progressive career paths" and "competitive salary". Let me tell you that it is really not worth it working for such an organization that neglects employees to achieve maximum profits.

Pros

Good colleagues

Cons

Management neglect employees

A place for career development

If MCO did not happen, I would have attached as permanent staff. Working there was fun and well managed systems ease burden for staffs over there. Good employee benefits.

Was Fun place to work

I worked 10+ years in company...it was really good to work with nice colleagues. Recently change in management has changed everything...work culture changed, very demanding. Overall pathetic egoistic management

Pros

Salary

Cons

Pathetic management

Sales Consultant.

To maintain store cleaniness, work closely with superior. Focus on hitting monthly sales target. Engaging walk-in customer, and following ups all sales committed.

Fast Paced

Good career prospect place to work but have to be sure to know each and every characters of your staffs well because as a manager, you will need to manage up to 40 staffs at one go.

Pros

rewarding salary

Cons

long hours and cluster of people

Good place to develop sales skills

Work is intense and a lot of sales pressure by the management. The changes are too fast to keep up with and one must be on their toes all the time. Employee turnover is too high.

Tendency to cut commission with sudden notice.

Management usually doesn't care much about ground level staff. Working environment on Sales floor are generally quite fun and ok. Do not expect high salary as management tends to cut your commission. It's very strict.

too much office politics

I've worked in this company because at first it was fun, and everybody get along very well. Until they change the management. It's becoming too toxic, because management are focused on when you will commit mistake and not on how to improve well-being.

Very good

The 13 years I was there, the people were good n friendly, they taught me the ropes on using the computer to do sales. The store manager was very understanding when u do not do too well and encourages u all the time. I made a decent salary during those years

average

working in courts is ok..handling customers,taking payment,as the same as other cashier job.but most of our colleague love to be in their own group rather than mix ard.

Pros

fruits day every saturday

Fun workplace

Working with the HR team was fun. Even though the main job for my intern is helping out with their online system, I gained experience in different field when working along side other departments.

Average working environment and experience

- Process online purchase and delivery arrangements - Poor management - Average working environment and experience - ONLINE SALES ADMIN / ONLINE LOGISTICS

Retail

Courts gave me the opportunity to expand my horizon. With the company I was able to work with a diverse type of people. I came to realise that I can work in a sales environment though it is my Achellis heel.

energetic work place

Enjoyed Plan the daily duties accordingly and learnt about how to do sales Management was good and able to communicate to supervisor like a friend. Culture was good and able to adapt quickly

Pros

Commission

Cons

Less hours

Was good

. Team work and friendly colleagues . Learned more in management skill. Management are helpful and care of staff work life balance. Work culture there are like a big family.

good learning place

A good place to learn for retail career . Assist you to grow and understand the business of the company . Provide you with the information needed for you to grow with the company

Nice shoppers choice foe everyone

Provide good shopping experience for the public. Handle difficult / demanding shoppers. Handles consumer enquires . Ensure sales item availability . Provide excellent customer shopping experiences to all customers.

Pros

Good environment .

Cons

Long hours.

Good experience with different type of customer

There many things I have learnt at courts. Employees is first policy makes all staff work with happy and productive as well. KPI will be target so that we will work in smart way and discipline.

Pros

Always guide from senior staff

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Courts Singapore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Courts Singapore with