Cummins
Coronavirus update
Information from Cummins:

Cummins Employee Reviews

Singapore17 reviews
Cummins is an equal opportunity for all regardless of race, religion or nationality. Diversity and Inclusion is one of the best assets of this organization
Pros
One of the best company to work with
Cons
Extended hours of work
Lovely people, but need to know whether the company needs you. HQ in US, so people in SG may be redundant given that the US has a huge legal team. Even project managers may have to leave if not needed.
It is an amazing place of work. Colleagues are really nice and helpful. There is no politics and its goal-oriented. Management is really focused and provides you all the tools to pave your career path a successful one.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
No free lunches
Room for improvement from the management
They need to hire more locals than foreigners

They should be aware of all the happening at the shop floor
Good place to learn everyday new, excellent colleagues to share their day to day problem solving and tremendous technical abilities, may grow forward if find a good positive mentor.
Benefits
Cons
Management Changes
Overall satisfactory company to work for but will be better to have a background in engineering or from another competitor company. The culture locally is different from the U.S culture.
efficient work environment, but not so inclusive and open culture to employee career choice. Too much work load compared with salary level. Management style is good but needs to be more open.
Pros
efficient
Cons
too much work
Very Fast Paced, must wear many departmental hats to be successful.

Management is currently "micro-managed" to the point of extreme frustration.

This company thrives off of being diverse. Management does not understand the concept of effective communication. Departments do not work together. Very high turnover.
Fun work place with opportunity to grow. Has the opportunity to grow depending on the commodity prices. Cycle is expected to turn positive in the near future.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cummins?
Good culture, good people, promotes work life balance. Enjoyed working in the company. There's is little to no automatic promotion nor a clear Route-Of-Advancement. You yourself find your way around or move up.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Not really but you have to help your advancement yourself
Over the past 10 years and more, I was given very good opportunity to expand my skill and knowledge. My reporting managers were very helpful and supporting. I travel most of my time and well supported by management and co-workers.
Pros
training program and good working friends
Cons
Long hours till mid night and early morning every day
Harmonious working environment. Good Managers and colleagues are helpful. The only thing that I dislike the most is hired and fired. Every year end we had to keep figure cross that hopefully we won't be the one got axe.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
frequent restructuring
Collaborative working environment, Learnt & used Minitab, Multi cultural, multi racial people working company. Strong code of conduct, behavioral mindset employees.
Pros
Work life balance, comfortable zone
Cons
less career opportunity
We have very flexible working hours to manage our work, unlike those micro management style. We have opportunity to upgrade our skill to meet the fast changing environment. We work as team on project both locally and globally. The challenging part of job is to commit the completion of project on time. However it is most enjoyable part of job when the team celebrate the result of the performance
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Uncertainty of job secure due to world economic
Pros
Global policy in place. Very diverse workforce. Good career progression.

Cons

Less training opportunities provided for Operation
Challenging work place where demands the best of all workers.. providing the platform for workers to be at their best at all times
Involved in Daily KPI meetings
Working with different departments( Quality, Safety, CSR, HR ..) to address to issues at work

Learnt more about logistics. Be responsive to changes and unexpected scenarios.

Put into use what I have learnt in my University, Lean manufacturing, Project management, Decision analysis ...