DHL Employee Review

Good friends around but when problems arised everyone split. Bosses tend to take the easy way out by firing the employee concerned.

February 11, 2020
A typical job of the day is more of operation. You have to come out with your system to handle the different types of accounts and the logistics requirements especially if it is a third party logistics.

You need to move around personnel from one account to another and the hardest part is when all the dateline is the same but manpower is limited. I guess the culture in DHL is work until you drop dead. And the most ridiculous thing that happened in DHL is that a manager sometimes handles a single account while the executive handles about 8 accounts! The GM must be blind.

My time in DHL is only pain and I persist staying for a good 7 years because I had no alternative job despite that for those long years I had written many manual and SOP for all the different accounts.

I came back a year later to ask for a job and DHL turned me down. How ingratitude I think DHL is. I now work overseas doing timber trading on my own.
June 30, 2015
Same role
Operations Executive (Former Employee) - Tuas
Not much of an interaction due to be assigned to manage the Key accounts totally by yourself.No immediate managment to report as we were in a group / alone assigned to manage the key accounts customers independantly . Period visits by BDevelopment managers during festive seasons . Higher management fails to see the overall contibution
Cons
July 31, 2020
Same location
Supervisor (Current Employee) - Changi
Good work environment and very fast paced and KPI oriented work. Large work space to cover and very safety oriented company. Very helpful Human Resource people.
May 18, 2020
Same location
Front Line Agent (Former Employee) - East Mids airport
Iworked through an agency, which was really good, and easy to contact and talk to. I've worked in a few call centres but found this one by far the best. Money is really good, hours are great, everyone is so nice. Loads of parking, facilities are above most places, very clean, only draw back is offering sales leads. I dont do sales s found this difficult..otherwise 10/10