Here to help
Coronavirus update

DHL Employee Reviews in Changi

Changi34 reviews
A typical job of the day is more of operation. You have to come out with your system to handle the different types of accounts and the logistics requirements especially if it is a third party logistics.

You need to move around personnel from one account to another and the hardest part is when all the dateline is the same but manpower is limited. I guess the culture in DHL is work until you drop dead. And the most ridiculous thing that happened in DHL is that a manager sometimes handles a single account while the executive handles about 8 accounts! The GM must be blind.

My time in DHL is only pain and I persist staying for a good 7 years because I had no alternative job despite that for those long years I had written many manual and SOP for all the different accounts.

I came back a year later to ask for a job and DHL turned me down. How ingratitude I think DHL is. I now work overseas doing timber trading on my own.
Good work environment and very fast paced and KPI oriented work. Large work space to cover and very safety oriented company. Very helpful Human Resource people.
Iworked through an agency, which was really good, and easy to contact and talk to. I've worked in a few call centres but found this one by far the best. Money is really good, hours are great, everyone is so nice. Loads of parking, facilities are above most places, very clean, only draw back is offering sales leads. I dont do sales s found this difficult..otherwise 10/10
Join the company as an earn-and-learn student in 2016, started with a designation of coordinator and was promoted to senior coordinator in 2017. As an ocean freight exporter, our job scopes includes, arranging of vessel, trucking for customers and their goods. We are expected to work closely with customers, carriers and shippers to ensure shipments are smooth and error free. Preparation of export documents such as Seaway Bill of Lading, export permit, fumigation permit, dangerous goods (DG) forms to be declared as well.
Learn a lot of things, time management, teamwork , skills , systematic, good environment, convenient place, safety and secured fun place, sometime it's very hard
Working at DHL allowed me to gain more experience in the industry and I was given the chance to work with many people. The hardest part of the job was that I had to carry heavy loads of items.
Its so interest to work

Good salary

Good benefits

Team building

As one week

Training provided for every staffs
Pros
Team building
Cons
16 hours
never a dull moment pure fun good training I got Load master certification Flight mechanic. Poor management was the down fall.
A300 B4-200, B727 and DC8.
Pros
The satisfaction of turning aircraft every day IAW regulatory compliance.
Cons
inexperienced management.
Mostly doing air freight and truck shipment.
Doing booking and will issue invoice. For air shipment need to print out label to paste at the carton box.
At DHL I love coming to work although becoming permanent was a waiting period which ever came that's why I had to leave.

The people were always willing to help you
The typical day at work was we have to wait for the goods to arrive and then we unload everything . Once we unload everything , we will sort to their different sections . The most enjoyable part of the job is we get to make new friends , that will make the time pass faster . The hardest part of the job is that sometimes we have to carry a huge amount of heavy loads . In all , what i have learned during this work is teamwork . Most of the time its tiring cos the goods keep coming in so we motivate each other , make jokes during our work and then everything will end fast .
Interesting company to work with. Company offer a lot opportunity for staff development. Keen learner will benefit from it. However, it is a bit tricky when comes to office politics
Stressful environment, have to rush through reports daily. I mastered the use of Microsoft Excel and Supply Chain Documentations. The culture is 'productivity-based' whereby they focuses more on productivity of work rather than the employees. The hardest part of the job is trying to match the speed of the work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the same routine everyday so I was able to get the hang of it.
Pros
Air-conditioned office
Cons
Routine-based
Packing and re-arranging of products while managing of incoming and outgoing of stock. Co-ordinating with full-timers with everyday work. Making sure that everyday work is done correctly.
A typical day at work with DHL may be preparing products and/or orders for delivery to clients and customers. Monitoring log and data entry. Ensuring that shipment details and schedule are followed through. The management is well trained and handle their staff accordingly. DHL puts their clients and customers priorities at utmost importance. The hardest part of the job is standing for long periods throughout the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the salary and benefits.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Standing for long periods of time
Allow you to learn a lot and allow you t have room for improvement. Great working environment and colleagues around. Managers are always there for help and guide you along.
Learning something new
Fast job pace

Learn to deploy people to make decision

LEarn all the job that are required so that in any case of short of man power i am able to cover them
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
My daily routine at woks

• Handling Incoming & Outgoing shipment

• Invoicing & packing list

• Liase with customer on the phones

• Back up data entry

• Multi task job

I have a learn a lot of working in DHL. The hardest part of my job is when receive scrap parts. And it's very hard to communicate with overseas supplier. And the most enjoyable working in warehouse is learn more things, make new friends, works at a team.
Basically a one man do everything in the department kinda company but they organised a lot of good company activities such as Family day etc. Senior management however needs more understanding of how ground staff are doing their work.
works effective
good boss

good salary

nice working place
Working night shift. Packing, loading and unloading. Management isnt that good due to the manager is so rude. Co-worker was friendly,funny and helpful. Hardest part was the begining when i first start work.