Here to help
Coronavirus update

DHL Employee Reviews for Logistics Assistant

Logistics Assistant8 reviews
Singapore8 reviews
Packing and re-arranging of products while managing of incoming and outgoing of stock. Co-ordinating with full-timers with everyday work. Making sure that everyday work is done correctly.
Working at DHL allowed me to gain more experience in the industry and I was given the chance to work with many people. The hardest part of the job was that I had to carry heavy loads of items.
Dhl is a company that has the job scope of my likings which is packing and sorting but when comes to a part when to carry the boxes and upload them to the vehicle and send of for delivery and one thing I also like abt this job is that I get to meet new friends and colleagues that I can work close with them
I cant say much about the work life balance as i don't work there full time. but so far from what i observe from the full time staff they have to overtime quite a lot and some even work on weekends. Nothing much to learn from there. What i dislike most is the staff's culture there. There isn't really much team work and positive environment. The hardest is the fact that the work is very physically tiring. a lot of times i have to stand up.
A typical day at work with DHL may be preparing products and/or orders for delivery to clients and customers. Monitoring log and data entry. Ensuring that shipment details and schedule are followed through. The management is well trained and handle their staff accordingly. DHL puts their clients and customers priorities at utmost importance. The hardest part of the job is standing for long periods throughout the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the salary and benefits.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Standing for long periods of time
A typical day at work would involve in issuing and receiving of various electronic items, stock take, picking and packing, Arranging shipment for delivery
As a new recruit, i started off as a packer. Subsequently, i learned the logistic location and started packing the entire pallet myself. Through time,i learned to operate on all logistic machines in the warehouse except the forklift as i do not possess the license. My senior supervisor is very supportive. He would sometimes stay with us till late into the night to complete the packaging and go out to buy us dinner and drinks. The hardest part of the job is to complete packing almost 20 plus pallets and load into the container within a day. I personally enjoy working in DHL as i look forward to work with my colleagues everyday. They are my motivation.
Pros
Family working environment
Cons
low pay and long working hours
-Fast moving pace,e.g receiving and outgoing
-Have a proper layout of operation before handling

-Management is quite strict in terms of items or parts that go for outgoing and also things that we receive when receiving.

-The hardest part of the job is when short of manspowe and thats where all things that need to be done have to be delay.
Pros
Office hours, overtime when only needed.