Here to help
Coronavirus update

DHL Employee Reviews

Singapore155 reviews
Good work environment and very fast paced and KPI oriented work. Large work space to cover and very safety oriented company. Very helpful Human Resource people.
big company
many opportunities

various cultures

good welfare

integration of entities comes with great complexity

management is great

political workplace
Working in DHL gave me a very good experience in working in the corporate world. Colleagues are very friendly and they are willing to teach people in need of help.
Would like have a change of eviroment. Working at DHL is Long hours . Starts at 3pm ends at 11pm. Sometimes other colleagues took advantage of me because I always give in and I’m always work alone and I rather do the things myself than asking them for help. Because I took the initiative and always pro-active to work and standby and preparations for the next day operation.
Pros
Mileage claim
Cons
The typical day at work was we have to wait for the goods to arrive and then we unload everything . Once we unload everything , we will sort to their different sections . The most enjoyable part of the job is we get to make new friends , that will make the time pass faster . The hardest part of the job is that sometimes we have to carry a huge amount of heavy loads . In all , what i have learned during this work is teamwork . Most of the time its tiring cos the goods keep coming in so we motivate each other , make jokes during our work and then everything will end fast .
Interesting company to work with. Company offer a lot opportunity for staff development. Keen learner will benefit from it. However, it is a bit tricky when comes to office politics
during my time, they pay pretty well as compared to market. however, the progression was very political during that time. need to join the right gang in order to climb.
Be fast and be happy. The people are very nice . They are funny . That makes the time goes faster . They pay should be more then what they offer so that people will stay .
Pros
tea break
Cons
pay too low
Work culture is fine and salary/ benefits are also good. But the management is really leading the company to nowhere and in the end employees are sacrificed or the profit loss.
Well balance work and personal life. Good management team.
Friendly workplace with multi-national cultures and diversity. Full support and helpful colleagues.
Pros
Friendly workplace environment.
This was a role which I thoroughly enjoyed and probably led to the greatest level of development in my working life. I was working with some of the most talented people in the industry, with a corporate culture which was second to none. Our global CEO was a truly inspiring leader who walked the talk and genuinely believed that we all had a duty to make the world a better place.

The job gave me exposure to some of the largest companies in the world, which created an amazing learning experience. I was also highly trained in leadership and innovation in the industry.
Pros
Hugely valuable experience
Cons
Very long hours and extensive travel
My first role was to manage the integrationof two large companies, which meant a very steep learning curve. It gave me very high visibility within the group and taught me many skills which proved useful both at work and in my personal development. The role was challenging to say the least but I was given excellent support throughout and worked with some of the most talented people I had encountered during my career. The integration became a Harvard case study as an example of how to successfully execute a large integration.
Pros
Wonderful people, great management.
Cons
Extensive travel, long hours.
A resourceful and detail-oriented safety professional with 5 years of hands on experience in safety coordination. He is able to work well both in a team environment as well as using own initiative. He is able to work well under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
Stressful environment, have to rush through reports daily. I mastered the use of Microsoft Excel and Supply Chain Documentations. The culture is 'productivity-based' whereby they focuses more on productivity of work rather than the employees. The hardest part of the job is trying to match the speed of the work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the same routine everyday so I was able to get the hang of it.
Pros
Air-conditioned office
Cons
Routine-based
it is a fun place to work in. the people there believe in employee engagement. the benefits are above market rate. the place has a nice and clean environment.
Work life balance
Good management - as long as you do your job, no one bother to disturb you.

Good place to work except salary are lower than market.
I cant say much about the work life balance as i don't work there full time. but so far from what i observe from the full time staff they have to overtime quite a lot and some even work on weekends. Nothing much to learn from there. What i dislike most is the staff's culture there. There isn't really much team work and positive environment. The hardest is the fact that the work is very physically tiring. a lot of times i have to stand up.
Great experience working with a wide range of senior stakeholders across the Asia Pacific Region. Very diverse work force with forward looking approach.
This place gives you loads of opportunity to learn and under processes, however, work-life balance will be hard to achieve due to the needs and industry of your supporting customer.
Pros
great peers and support from commercial team
Cons
Packing and re-arranging of products while managing of incoming and outgoing of stock. Co-ordinating with full-timers with everyday work. Making sure that everyday work is done correctly.
Apparently, it’s a third party logistic in freight forwarding. My role is to coordinate with my shipper and all internal and external stakeholders from the foreign station to the vendors to ensure all shipping doc. are prepared in accordance to the international trade compliance.

From my point of view, the biggest challenge is the human management (subordinates, vendors, clients). As I believed we always have a solution to the operation part, but there is never a standard guideline to resolve human issue. I really enjoy to work there since no there was no politic and everyone is colleagues and friends.
Pros
Company culture
Cons
Outdated system being used