DBS Bank

DBS Bank Employee Reviews

Singapore279 reviews
Great working environment, fair and good opportunity given.
People are overall friendly and helpful.

They have a very good technology initiatives suited for modern banking
My jobscope was changed suddenly on my first day of work. I did not have the expertise and experience in the new role. Ex-boss was racist and only cared for his staff who had the same nationality as him. I was treated unfairly. I was involved in 24 hr work shift, doing production support. I was asked to work in the afternoon shift from 2 pm to 11 pm. I was not allowed to make transport claim after work. Then I realised that I was the only one who could not make the transport claim. My ex-colleagues who worked in the same shift as me, could claim their taxi fares. I asked my ex-boss about this discrepancy. He denied whatever he had said. This is not the only instance when I was treated unfairly. And I am a Singaporean, while he was only holding a Work Pass Permit. I am one of the 3 Singaporeans under him. The rest are all Work Permit Holders from the same country. I wanted to complain to HR but I could not as I was a contract staff.
Pros
Free coffee from vending machine
Cons
Toxic boss and working environment
Contractors would be treated like a work slaves. Employees are expected to work on weekends. They take it granted without concerning about developers burnt-out
Cons
Stressful work life
High-paying but stressful, offers longer annual leaves and fair amount of medical leave.

Negative side is hard to find the balance between work and family due to amount of time-dedication.
Pros
Competitive salary, more annual leaves
Cons
Very stressful, politics and negative culture at certain departments (not all)
Its a good experience working with DBS , its a Asia leading bank and the environment is fun. So much of social activities making the staff feel appreciated.
Engagement with Line Ops on a daily basis on areas pertaining to Risk and Control.
Team is collaborative and helpful.

Interacting with Line Ops.

The team.
it depends where we are posted. if you're posted to the branches, your opportunity to grow or earn a higher than the decent amount will be robbed almost instantly. they will randomly throw new roles and duties to staff such as insurance sale or loan officer at you and you're expected to learn and push for sales asap as it will be included in your KPI. you bonus is highly dependent on your sales of insurance, not your work ethics or performance as a service staff. you can give the best service to customers but your bonus will be zero if you don't force insurance sales on customers. branch management is usually extremely poor and the managers/leaders are horribly biased and unprofessional. some managers/seniors get very personal with staff and conveniently forget to behave in a professional manner. complaining to HR just worsen the treatment in the branch as the people in the branch will not treat you kindly after knowing you burst their bubble. The working hours are longer than expected and there is no compensation for the extra time you put in. once in a while you will receive items like nuts or muffins for your hard work, not extra pay or a justified bonus. the managers are not helpful and you live with stress every minute in the job as they are just out to expose your mistakes. one mistake made will be used as leverage for them to scare you throughout the year. you will be reminded of it during your appraisal when they reveal how little bonus you're getting. colleagues are average although most of them are backstabbers or rats. it is not an enjoyable workplace, neither does - more...
Pros
we get red packets or new notes for festive season before the public gets them
Cons
long hours. low salary. horrible work environment.
People were very encouraging and the working environment is very dynamic, every day you can experience something new. The training you experience as a new hire/intern readily puts you at the best of your condition to meet the requirements in the client-facing role.
Competitive and fun work environment with a lot of opportunity to grow as an individual. Be it sales pitching skills, or personal development, DBS never fail to keep pushing every working employee to become the best they can be.
Diverse culture. Can learn a lot. Though there are a lot of Indians working there, they bring a lot of out of the box solutions to the table. Great working with a diverse set of people.
Good Bank that is strategically located and carries out day to day functions for people. Has a lot of people that are skilled in dealing with money and earning.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Friendly colleagues and comfortable working environment. The company basically treat their employee equally and nice. There is re-org every year. I have learned a lot of stakeholder management and project management here.
Generally informal environment
Lots of group events and activities

Management styles differ according to department

Lot of staff movement

Cramped working space

Friendly team
Current role allows one to learn based on experience, knowledge and engagement.

Work environment is conducive. Must be able to adapt to changes and change of environment. At the same time, must be able to put in long hours, dedication and commitment to produce excellent results and prompt customer service.
Pros
Diverse learning experience
Cons
I was only an intern at DBS so am unable to provide a very accurate view of working in the company, but the company culture is great, and has great benefits for its employees, especially those of higher ranks.
Working in DBS would give you ample opportunities to flex your brain muscles as you are faced with multiple situations in which you would have to resolve customers' issues. However, team managers are always around to assist and guide you in the right direction. Colleagues are very friendly and quick to welcome you as part of their team.
Pros
Free food almost every 2 to 3 week
Cons
Shift based
Fast paced working environment
Good team leader

Good team bounding sessions
Good to work, nice environment, Learning in DBS. Salary hike we can’t expect every year.

Contract renewal not happens every year all r depends on team
a good work culture with nice people to work with.
good exposure to latest technologies

faced so much challeges but there was always superiors to guide
Collaborative work culture, fun working environment and great team work. Supportive colleagues but traditional and rigid practice and must follow protocols according to ranks.
overall a good place to work
workplace culture is good

Learned various challenges faced in implementing new requirement

Hardest part was to achieve go-live date when multiple sub systems are involved.