DBS Bank

DBS Bank Employee Reviews

Singapore289 reviews

Poor management

Poor management who do not know how to tap into the value of staff. Lots of differentiation between contract and perm staff.Toxic culture. Some colleagues are nice and some likes to boot lick

better off elsewhere

management needs to review people in leadership positionsfriendly colleagues is the most enjoyable part of the jobworkplace culture can be quite toxic

Pros

friends

Cons

leaders not the most competent

Coop

Best bank in world v good colleagues only problem is too cold aircon sometimes below 20c, should give all staff a free parka sometimes people are good with sales

Management should improve

Management doesn't seem to be clear what they want and team culture is very untransparent. It is difficult to do proper data analysis work when the boss does't quite understand and doesn't show appreciation.

Great company, management and culture

Great company to work at. People are generally and genuinely helpful and collaborative. Senior management is well-respected in the industry and listens to employee feedback. Only thing is some departments are siloed, yet there are many job overlaps between teams. Also, career progression is slow, and increments are minimal.

Pros

Good benefits, collaborative culture, good management

Cons

Slow career progression, hierarchical, complex org structures

Good manager

Worked with individuals that know their responsibilities well, managed to learn things and manager will guide us throughout the journey. Work in office for 2 days and the rest remotely.

Pros

welfare taken care, dont disturb during leave

Cons

not much opportunity after contract ends

Good starting place to enter the banking industry

A good starting ground to understand banking operations for fresh graduates. Met alot of helpful colleagues who will assist you should you meet any issues with your work, overall a very stable company

Interactive

Good culture staffs are helpful . Able to work in teams and work towards common goal. Work life focused but most of the time things evolved quickly in the department.

Evil Boss decides everything

The overall culture is good. Unfortunately I had a evil boss who likes to show many patterns and made you uncomfortable and purposely excludes you from some of the jobs.

Pros

Big organisation

Cons

Evil boss

Stable environment that empowers you, opportunities to grow and learn. Patient supervisors.

Had a good experience because I worked in a small team that collaborated cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders. Hence, I managed to receive good exposure in a short amount of time.

Pros

Relatively competitive salary, interesting and meaningful projects, great colleagues with good work ethics, pleasant environment to work in.

Cons

Workflows can be a bit messy because the bank is so big, approvals for projects take very long, approval processes are complicated and involve many parties.

Good place to work. People work hard. Expectations are high, however, the worklife balance seems to be ok. Salary is ok, can be competitive. Bonus seems to be optimistic.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

can be stressful at times.

Biased, inhuman but well paid

DBS IBGT at CBP was a nightmare. People are ready to walk all over you at the slightest opportunity. you name the type of discrimination and this place is a breeding ground for it. Racial, language, age, gender. Meetings are full of inappropriate jokes.

Pros

Salary and bonus i guess

Cons

If you want to be alive, get out

Forward-looking and employee-centric

Very good culture, fast and open minded adoption of new technologies, learning and growth opportunities are very much encouraged. Bosses on the IT side are generally friendly and push you to constantly upskill. Overall a very good experience.

Learning ground for fresh grads

Mostly involved in meetings to ensure projects are developed and on track for deployment. The work environment is OK with occasional late nights. Was hired by the bank as a contractor, so don't expect the same benefits as a perm staff. Discrimination of entitlement is quite jarring and frankly demoralizing.

teamwork and muitasking

need to be fast pace and communicate with the team mates, if don't understand need to seek for help, I have learn a lot from this 1 year contract and went through the training.

Benefits too common

Benefits are too common, other competitors have it as well. Would appreciate it if benefits are differentiable and unique. Competitive pay and good workplace culture.

Pros

Good and Competitive Pay

Cons

Benefits not outstanding

Racist and toxic boss

My jobscope was changed suddenly on my first day of work. I did not have the expertise and experience in the new role. Ex-boss was racist and only cared for his staff who had the same nationality as him. I was treated unfairly. I was involved in 24 hr work shift, doing production support. I was asked to work in the afternoon shift from 2 pm to 11 pm. I was not allowed to make transport claim after work. Then I realised that I was the only one who could not make the transport claim. My ex-colleagues who worked in the same shift as me, could claim their taxi fares. I asked my ex-boss about this discrepancy. He denied whatever he had said. This is not the only instance when I was treated unfairly. And I am a Singaporean, while he was only holding a Work Pass Permit. I am one of the 3 Singaporeans under him. The rest are all Work Permit Holders from the same country. I wanted to complain to HR but I could not as I was a contract staff.

Pros

Free coffee from vending machine

Cons

Toxic boss and working environment

Hectic work

Contractors would be treated like a work slaves. Employees are expected to work on weekends. They take it granted without concerning about developers burnt-out

Cons

Stressful work life

Productive and good working environment

Great working environment, fair and good opportunity given. People are overall friendly and helpful. They have a very good technology initiatives suited for modern banking

High-paying but stressful

High-paying but stressful, offers longer annual leaves and fair amount of medical leave. Negative side is hard to find the balance between work and family due to amount of time-dedication.

Pros

Competitive salary, more annual leaves

Cons

Very stressful, politics and negative culture at certain departments (not all)

Fun place

Its a good experience working with DBS , its a Asia leading bank and the environment is fun. So much of social activities making the staff feel appreciated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DBS Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• DBS Bank
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?