DBS Bank

DBS Bank Employee Reviews in Changi

Changi57 reviews
Its a good experience working with DBS , its a Asia leading bank and the environment is fun. So much of social activities making the staff feel appreciated.
Contractors would be treated like a work slaves. Employees are expected to work on weekends. They take it granted without concerning about developers burnt-out
Cons
Stressful work life
Engagement with Line Ops on a daily basis on areas pertaining to Risk and Control.
Team is collaborative and helpful.

Interacting with Line Ops.

The team.
Diverse culture. Can learn a lot. Though there are a lot of Indians working there, they bring a lot of out of the box solutions to the table. Great working with a diverse set of people.
Generally informal environment
Lots of group events and activities

Management styles differ according to department

Lot of staff movement

Cramped working space

Friendly team
overall a good place to work
workplace culture is good

Learned various challenges faced in implementing new requirement

Hardest part was to achieve go-live date when multiple sub systems are involved.
A typical workday can be very busy to very lax depending on the time of year. Learned a lot due the exposure to explore new technologies. Management is good but felt that there is always that something lacking in terms of promoting and rewarding loyalty and skill. Challenges are the long hours put in due to rushing for timeline but made bearable with the group of colleagues working together
Staffs are friendly and helpful. Management is fair. Staff is rewarded fairly. Productivity is reviewed frequently.
Transport is provided and is accessible.

Staff strength is big.
Very helpful and friendly colleague. Able to learn alot of things and a typical day at work is quite repetitive however it is an opportunity to develop skills that couldn't be learn elsewhere.
DBS 一直都追求创新并且人性化。
我们在公司一直都很开心, 学习到很多的东西

简单的到所有office办公软件到编程。
I was assisting with securities settlement for Wealth clients. I also helped to prepare reports for managers and other ad hoc duties. In every job the hardest part is probably committing to overtime if required. I remember there were some problems that caused a large volume of backlog stuck in the system till late and I have to clear the securities quantities as they cant be carried forward to the following date. I voluntary stayed till 10pm and 12am a few times. Thankfully, I was living very close to my workplace. The enjoyable part of the day was to leave on time and there are free shuttle bus service to certain allocated points provided. On special occasions, we were given "free" food from the company or the department team lunch for team bonding or fruit day/treats for their employees. I guess that is the perks of working for a huge enterprise.
The culture in DBS mainly focus on having enjoyable day at work by incorporating activities, events and even small gifts to motivate employees. it is family oriented and work life balance
Been working very happily with my teammates. Supportive and fun team. Manger and boss is nice and understanding. Bank Do provide shuttle bus services for staff
Pros
Sometimes got free lunch from TownHall
Cons
Long distances
Organise lots of activities for staff after work but it is tough to attend as we need to sleep after a whole night of work.
For night shift we are multi trained to answer all sorts of enquiries from banking, credit cards to investments related.

As a Chinese customer service officer, we have to attend to Chinese calls apart from English. The Chinese calls tend to be long and often exceed our KPIs. We have to try and shorten the subsequent calls to average out . It is very challenging and could be stressful too.

During night and early morning, there is downtime for system maintenance, the incoming calls could be very challenging as customers are angry that certain functions are not available over digital banking.

We have our annual dragon boat race and this a family event and also the Bank’s annual dinner. We also have activities for call centre too.
Pros
Graveyard shift is suitable for me
Cons
Hot seating
Widen knowledge base as you are given the freedom to make a difference. Fun workplace with activities arranged for teamwork sessions. Provided ample training in relation to work streams. People are dedicated at their work - each trying to achieve Company’s objectives.
Pros
Widen knowledge base
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and Fun working environment and good learning environment. Colleagues here are co-operative and helpful and there is process thru which one can communicate issues to higher management .
Cons
job security
Experience with DBS was enjoyable with nice colleagues. Company ensured that staff are well taken care of with necessary employee benefits provided. Superior has made sure that all in the team is well connected.
Long working hours and it's normal to works on weekends. Mountains of projects but team members are capable so quite enjoy to work here. Management is good and willing to send you to attend courses.
Pros
Fast pace and good pay
Cons
long working hours
It is the best place to work, I love working with DBS as they treat everyone equally. Good balance of work and life.

I was employed as a contractor doing exactly the same position when I was there as a permanent staff, was with HR-Training department. Handle on their leadership section eg. support, coordinate, schedule, booking etc. WDA Funding, Invigilate examination, monthly reports etc.
Pros
develop a bonding relationship with everyone in the dept
Cons
Nil
A good opportunity being an intern in DBS. Good work culture and the staff there are mostly friendly and approachable. DBS always give opportunities for their employees to progress. They believe in mobility, hence there are a lot of opportunities for the staff to explore different part of the bank.
Being in a customer service related department is challenging, which requires adequate and proper training. In a fast pace industry, empowering employees and enhancing necessary tools for the relevant work is important. Not much work-life balance probably due to the emphasis on service excellence and the nature of the industry. Stress is high, customers can get abusive at times
Cons
Long hours, Ot