DBS Bank

DBS Bank Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative17 reviews
Singapore17 reviews
Working in DBS would give you ample opportunities to flex your brain muscles as you are faced with multiple situations in which you would have to resolve customers' issues. However, team managers are always around to assist and guide you in the right direction. Colleagues are very friendly and quick to welcome you as part of their team.
Pros
Free food almost every 2 to 3 week
Cons
Shift based
Work life balanced, nice environment with friendly colleagues
Good learning workplace

Internal and external course provided

Internal mobility is possible
Great and very challenging experience working with DBS Bank as it was my first working experience in banking industry. Therefore, as I have multi experience with different company in different industry. I am looking forward to get a new job as soon as possible as I am available immediately.
Organise lots of activities for staff after work but it is tough to attend as we need to sleep after a whole night of work.
For night shift we are multi trained to answer all sorts of enquiries from banking, credit cards to investments related.

As a Chinese customer service officer, we have to attend to Chinese calls apart from English. The Chinese calls tend to be long and often exceed our KPIs. We have to try and shorten the subsequent calls to average out . It is very challenging and could be stressful too.

During night and early morning, there is downtime for system maintenance, the incoming calls could be very challenging as customers are angry that certain functions are not available over digital banking.

We have our annual dragon boat race and this a family event and also the Bank’s annual dinner. We also have activities for call centre too.
Pros
Graveyard shift is suitable for me
Cons
Hot seating
Deal with customers' needs
Standard routine

Must be a good team player in case if next teller needs our help

Unable to take MC until its approved by branch manager
Fast paced environment, lacks work/life balance, but has good benefits and salary. The work culture could be improved on and the coordination of the systems
Pros
allowance
Cons
You start your day as a normal singapore working environment.
Learned a lot of banking things.

Learned how to interact with people.

Awesome ambience, awesome colleagues

Awesome bosses

Hardest part - difficult customer

Making friends learning new things.
Pros
Having fun with colleagues
Cons
Don't have
I was employed by DBS back in 2002, back then with no customer service background and shy personality, i just thought i should give it a go. Training at Tampines Centre was fun, trainers were awesome and the thought of going to a branch really scares me. I was placed at Funan Centre POSB (night banking branch) The job that i thought will last me 1 month but i survived 5 years. A great experience when you have an awesome team!
Face paced environment. First job after being a uni graduate and I've gained exposure and character over this period, and it helped me developed as person. To be more confident yet humble when it comes to learning from my managers and peers. A workplace where mistakes are very prestigious it encourages employees to always be on the ball.
Pros
Unlimited knowledge
Cons
Shift work
I am privileged to be working in DBS Bank
My experiences not only allowed me to apply and expand my knowledge of customer service, banking and administration but also strengthened my passion in the service industry.

My communication, organizational and leadership skills have allowed me to succeed in my past roles and I aspire to venture into marketing, sales and the compliance team in the bank.
Typically daily servicing of corporate clients, with account opening/ change of mandate and loan matters including trade items like BG as and when. Assisting RMs on a daily basis to provide joyful banking experience.

Generally, colleagues are very nice, but management doesn't really provide opportunity for advancement, rigid in a sense that majority only approves of promotion after a gap of 1-2 years.

Hardest part is where relationship managers / team heads are always "Yes Man" to customers when in fact it is unreasonable and hard to push through as they are not aware of how operations/ back end work.

Most enjoyable is getting to know the people behind the scenes, understanding them even though they are back-end colleagues, we may not see them everyday, but its always good to know that they are willing to lend a hand as long as it is within reasonable grounds for exceptional handling.
Pros
Flexible benefits are really attractive
Cons
Slow career progression
Was under export bills section
Checking of shipping documents and fiancing them

Calling companies to inform of their payments

My first job and resigned to take care my kids
Pros
No need to meet customers over counter
Cons
Quite boring ..checking of docs
It is a face-paced and challenging job but there is always one colleague seated next to you that can help you. All the staff there are nice and supportive.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Every day is a different day. I learn new things on a daily basis. This was one was the best jobs I ever had. I am thankful for the opportunity given to be groomed in every aspect as a customer service officer especially to handle customers and to understand what customer service involves. This job made me learn that I am actually emotionally resilient and is determined to find quick ways to resolve any situation. My team manager and team members make the environment vibrant and lively. Their constant encouragement and vast knowledge makes my learning process quicker. Compliments from customers make this job very enjoyable knowing that your efforts are paid off.
Pros
Fixed timing, every manager is approachable for assistance
Cons
May be a little tough to swap off days at times
Stable company with great staff benefits
Given me new opportunities & exposure

Friendly colleagues

Good working environment
Pros
New opportunity & exposure given
Cons
Shift hours
The job scope was embodied by a steep learning curve, which was adaptable. However given that the call centre is circumscribed with unearthly shift working hours which I had been forewarned of and braced myself for, overtime it took a toll on me and my well-being. Apart from that, the knowledge content was well-received.
Provide a good working environment with complete amenities for employees convenience.
Promote good camaraderie among employees including other departments involved
Pros
Approachable People easy to deal with
Cons
No overtime pay